Yamaha 2020 Receiver line up (HDMI 2.1 - Full 8K support)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Is there a new blu ray player coming out this year from yamaha?

E

EBN

Audioholic
Are we finally getting closer of the announcement? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It’s almost September. October will be here before we know it. :D

E

EBN

Audioholic
It’s almost September. October will be here before we know it. :D
So october it is then. :)

@Knitman the picture and links were on some dealer site, but they took them down fast. This wait is killing me! Let´s hope Yamaha suprises us and brings something D&M doesn´t have. Also Onkyo & Pioneer has been quite silent, there should have been announcement June/July but no word still.

Last edited:
E

EBN

Audioholic
I’m hoping Gene will review one of the new Yamahas at some point. Looks to be possibly a complete redesign. :)
Let´s hope so. Although usually when he´s reviews are ready there is new model out already, so maybe next year at this time if we are lucky. :)

What we want to see is better YPAO especially for the automatic setup part which tackles subwoofer better, 11.2 processing for the new "A2080" A6 model and 13.2 for A8 model with DTS:X Pro, Auro 3D, ability to turn amps off (D&M), more powah, 2 8K hdmi In & Out to beat D&M even at one thing. I fear they keep bringing some silly A.I update and still keep new A1080 as 7.2 without 9.2 processing while Denon X3600H walks all over it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I’m hoping Gene will review one of the new Yamahas at some point. Looks to be possibly a complete redesign. :)
Maybe, Yamaha will send Gene,
their flagship, for testing and fact finding before Yamaha releases their 2020 AVR's.

K

Knitman

Enthusiast
So october it is then. :)

@Knitman the picture and links were on some dealer site, but they took them down fast. This wait is killing me! Let´s hope Yamaha suprises us and brings something D&M doesn´t have. Also Onkyo & Pioneer has been quite silent, there should have been announcement June/July but no word still.
I found it. I'll be waitin g for the Yamaha. I took a look at Pioneer. No thanks. and Anthem, Denon and Marantz didn't excite. If I had to I'd have the flagship Marantz but would prefer to stay with yamaha, big knob and all.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I found it. I'll be waitin g for the Yamaha. I took a look at Pioneer. No thanks. and Anthem, Denon and Marantz didn't excite. If I had to I'd have the flagship Marantz but would prefer to stay with yamaha, big knob and all.
Post up the link to where you found it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Nope. Nothing. Seems like they don't care too much about that.
I gonna shoot you a inbox message, it's getting close. ;) Hope those two f..kin Storm's don't hit at the same time next week.
Not looking good.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think I am very easy to please. This is my wish list:

1. #1 Reliability
2. #1 Low-heat production
3. #1 HDMI Compatibility
4. #1 WiFi Streaming and Remote Apps
5. HDMI 2.1 for 8K
6. THD of 0.003% (-90dB)

Everything else to me is 100% gimmick.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Those links you posted up go to a "Whirlpool" website.
They worked earlier and went to dealers site, but as i said the original links were taked down fast and some guy posted webcache links which worked some time. There was some features listed and the picture i posted, links were on AVSF originally. I have edited links out now.

K

Knitman

Enthusiast
My man at Yamaha, whom I speak with when I have queries or issues, says September/October. Even he though has been left in the dark about specifics. (UK)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis