KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Ac infinity s7 is what I have coming
AC infinity needs to be flogged!
I looked up AC Infinity S7 and it looks like half of their products are called S7!
Is it multifan, airplate, or aircom?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
There can be multiple answers for the same question on Denon/Marantz's Eco settings, if the question does not provided the needed specifics. A definitive answer can be given if the specifics need are provided.

Examples:

1) Would Eco "On" affect sound quality?
Possible answers would include but not limited to: Yes, No, Depends,.........

2) Would Eco "On" help keep the AVR run cooler than Eco "Off"?
Definitive answer: Yes

3) Would Eco "On" affect sound quality if I sit 8 ft from my Klipsch speakers (8 ohms) that has sensitivity bench test measured 93 dB/2.83V/1m and I don't listen loud, may be 20 dB below reference level at the most?
Answer: It depends, if you listen to music and movies that don't have much dynamic range, you may not noticed any degradation, otherwise you may, during the peaks in the music/movie contents.

4) Would Eco "auto" affect sound quality if my volume setting is always higher than -25?
Definitive answer: No, because with Eco in "auto", it will stay "Off" at volume position -25 and would never turn "On". It also mean it won't help your AVR stay cooler.

5) Would Eco "auto" affect sound quality if my volume setting is always lower than -30?
Basically the same answer as for 3) above.

6) Would Eco "On" affect sound quality if I seat 10 ft from my speakers that have sensitivities between 88 to 90 dB/2.83V/1m and I listen to 5 dB below reference level?

Definitive answer: Yes, there would be degradation due to limited output

So you can see that there could be a lot of possible responses for a lot of scenarios, and the examples I used above may not be 100% correct, as I have had only one coffee very early this morning.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The ECO mode was provided to meet the mandatory Europe CE standards, and here Denon(and Marantz) wants to have a single software version sold world-wide. Is the audio effect of ECO mode audible?? Most likely under close-listening conditions driving a lower impedance/sensitivity loudspeaker, if only casual listening maybe not.. :rolleyes:
Noting the above multiple use cases as outlined by our resident audio expert PENG.... :)

Just my $0.02.... ;)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Could someone plz answer my question in post 66? Also, should dynamic eq and dynamic volume be turned on or off? 4500 comes tomorrow and can’t wait to play
I have mine turned off. Truth is, if you are anything like most of us you will play with it and find what you like.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
So you can see that there could be a lot of possible responses for a lot of scenarios, and the examples I used above may not be 100% correct, as I have had only one coffee very early this morning.
You are absolutely right about all of these. :)
One Coffee seems to be enough for you today. This seems like a lot of over thinking on this topic. Here's the readers digest version:

A. If you're using an external 5-channel amp with the Denon 4500 and connected your Towers (mains) and center to the external amp then turn ECO "ON". The few surround speakers remaining on the Denon should be fine and the receiver will stay cool.

B. If all of your speakers are powered by the Denon 4500 and you like the volume control above 45, set ECO mode to "Auto or Off" and get a fan.

C. If you don't want to have anything to do with any stinking ECO mode - leave it "OFF". lol

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I have mine turned off. Truth is, if you are anything like most of us you will play with it and find what you like.
I will be playing and most likely keeping it off and just using the fan to start with and see how things go. I’m guessing I’ll be fine

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
It arrived today at 415 eastern, idk where all you guys are located. I haven’t even got to take it outta the box and play yet! Cut grass and then threw batting practice to my kids then put beers down after that. Bout to shower then hit the sack, I’ll let you guys know and if I have questions which quite possibly I will, I’ll be asking. Hopefully I can play soon, my work schedule sucks

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It arrived today at 415 eastern, idk where all you guys are located. I haven’t even got to take it outta the box and play yet! Cut grass and then threw batting practice to my kids then put beers down after that. Bout to shower then hit the sack, I’ll let you guys know and if I have questions which quite possibly I will, I’ll be asking. Hopefully I can play soon, my work schedule sucks
If you are getting the 4500, congratulations! You will be impressed, I am with my 4400, the 4500 can only be better, even if only slightly.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
If you are getting the 4500, congratulations! You will be impressed, I am with my 4400, the 4500 can only be better, even if only slightly.
Thx man! It’ll be better than my 860.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Was actually looking at the 4400 but found 4500 cheaper than the 4400 new

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I may have asked this already but can’t remember but I am supposed to use lfe or lfe + main?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I may have asked this already but can’t remember but I am supposed to use lfe or lfe + main?
I use LFE. If you use LFE + Mains it sends the low frequencies from your satellites to both the sub(s) and the Left and right front speaker. That's usually too much for me.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I use LFE. If you use LFE + Mains it sends the low frequencies from your satellites to both the sub(s) and the Left and right front speaker. That's usually too much for me.
Ok, seems like a preference thing based on the individual. I thought the point anyway was to have your subs handle all the bass since that’s what they’re for unless you have fronts that can actually handle a lot of bass?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, seems like a preference thing based on the individual. I thought the point anyway was to have your subs handle all the bass since that’s what they’re for unless you have fronts that can actually handle a lot of bass?
LFE+Main duplicates some of the bass, tho in both speaker and sub so you're not really having the subs handle the bass over your speakers. If you do like extra bass (and it is called that in some avrs, or even double bass in some) then it might be your preference. Try both ways....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I was wondering, am I going to have any issues with the 4500 being HDCP 2.2 with my older tv or if I buy a newer tv that is HDCP 2.3 or with my 4K player?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Idk if any of this is going to cause me problems or if I should of bought avr that is HDCP 2.3. Need some explanation on this plz

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Idk if any of this is going to cause me problems or if I should of bought avr that is HDCP 2.3. Need some explanation on this plz
I’m not sure if any of this matters or not

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I was wondering, am I going to have any issues with the 4500 being HDCP 2.2 with my older tv or if I buy a newer tv that is HDCP 2.3 or with my 4K player?
I have my 4500 connected to an older 1080 TV (Pre-4K). It works fine. No worries.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis