Wonder Woman 1984 - Thoughts?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What specific device are you watching thru?
A Lenovo laptop. On its own or connected to projector via hdmi cable to BD player. Other shows on HBO max works just fine on Edge, not the WW 1984 on Edge.
WW984 worked with Chrome browse.
Interestingly my Tivo only likes Chrome to log in and add shows, etc.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A Lenovo laptop. On its own or connected to projector via hdmi cable to BD player. Other shows on HBO max works just fine on Edge, not the WW 1984 on Edge.
WW984 worked with Chrome browse.
Interestingly my Tivo only likes Chrome to log in and add shows, etc.
Interesting. Have not tried a laptop alone for playback in quite a while.....

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Meh. I don't think it was as bad as many say but I won't be re-watching it like I did the first one.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it tonight for free using my scene points. I thought it was OK but left me teary eyed. It made me wondering if I had the strength to back out of a wish to bring my wife back. It really hit me with the time is precious aspect. I also like Christopher Pike's acting.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Really disliked it and I normally am OK with dumb action films. Disjointed, lacking focus and just not a great story, as has come to be the case with many of the DC films. The first one was quite good, which made this one disappointing. There were some good elements of the story, mainly her and Steve (Pine), and visually it was pretty impressive. If you are going to reference the 80s in the title, I'd expect a bit better of an effort; basically it hit on stereotypical things and missed the mark for me in that aspect.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think this was a big miss after the first one. It was a mess.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
"Monster Hunter" was even better than WW84. :eek:

That's how bad WW84 is. :D
I can watch Monster Hunter and almost did yesterday! I know what I'm getting into with that one tho so the bar isn't nearly as high. I do like me some Mila tho!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I can watch Monster Hunter and almost did yesterday! I know what I'm getting into with that one tho so the bar isn't nearly as high. I do like me some Mila tho!
MJ is the only bar for this movie. :D

I don't even know what the rest of the movie is about. :eek: :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think this was a big miss after the first one. It was a mess.
Hard to follow up the first. It was pretty fantastic. Especially compared to the other DC movies.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hard to follow up the first. It was pretty fantastic. Especially compared to the other DC movies.
You mean besides Dark Knight. :)

I really had a hard time liking most of the recent DC movies other than Suicide Squad and Aquaman. Maybe it’s just me though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You mean besides Dark Knight. :)

I really had a hard time liking most of the recent DC movies other than Suicide Squad and Aquaman. Maybe it’s just me though.
I don't count the Nolan movies since they re-re-re-re-re-rebooted batman yet again for the new universe. And for some reason decided to do it yet again.

I haven't seen Suicide Squad and Aquaman yet, but Aquaman does look pretty awesome.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
This really isn't a Wonder Woman 1984 statement, but has anybody checked out Zach Snyder's Directors cut of Justice League? I was going to start it yesterday and then got the disclaimer that the movie was shot 4/3 ratio to keep with the directors artistic vision. I'm not sure why they decided to do that, but it seems a strange thing to do in today's day and age.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This really isn't a Wonder Woman 1984 statement, but has anybody checked out Zach Snyder's Directors cut of Justice League? I was going to start it yesterday and then got the disclaimer that the movie was shot 4/3 ratio to keep with the directors artistic vision. I'm not sure why they decided to do that, but it seems a strange thing to do in today's day and age.
As much as I am interested to see it, that's going to be annoying to watch.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I watched it last night and, yes, was really annoyed at the 4:3 aspect ratio for like five minutes, but after that I really did not notice...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
He wanted it to fit IMAX screens. With most folks watching movies on their 16:9 TVs these days, I am annoyed with anything shot in any other aspect ratio. It’s a waste of screen real-estate. I’ll give it to James Cameron for opening up “Avatar” to fit 16:9 sets. Who doesn’t want to use every inch at their disposable?;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis