Wonder Woman 1984 - Thoughts?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I watched it last night and, yes, was really annoyed at the 4:3 aspect ratio for like five minutes, but after that I really did not notice...
I watched the Snyder Cut of Justice League via HBO and after a few minutes I did not think of it. That said, taking a beer or two before watching it in a cinema might not be the best idea :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I watched the Snyder Cut of Justice League via HBO and after a few minutes I did not think of it. That said, taking a beer or two before watching it in a cinema might not be the best idea :)
What, you can't hold your rented beer for 4 hours? ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm keenly interested in the Snyder cut but dunno if I want to start a sub with HBO Max just for it. Not overly excited hearing about the aspect ratio tho... that could be distracting enough for me to not enjoy it. If I find a free trial offer I might give it a go tho...

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'm keenly interested in the Snyder cut but dunno if I want to start a sub HBO Max just for it. Not overly excited hearing about the aspect ratio tho... that could be distracting enough for me to not enjoy it. If I find a free trial offer I might give it a go tho...
In Sweden we only have HBO and these movies where added at no extra charge :p On the other hand we're still on 1080p for most of this year.

It's a dark movie both in look and content so perhaps you'll not notice the 4:3 aspect ratio that much in a dark room for a large part of the movie.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, 30 days of hbomax starting now would enable one to see everything on it now with “Godzilla vs Kong” and “Mortal Combat” coming on within that 30 days.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well, 30 days of hbomax starting now would enable one to see everything on it now with “Godzilla vs Kong” and “Mortal Combat” coming on within that 30 days.
Looking forward to Godzilla vs Kong. Haven't seen WW 1984 but I'm looking forward to watching that also.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Looking forward to Godzilla vs Kong. Haven't seen WW 1984 but I'm looking forward to watching that also.
You'll want to set your bar pretty low for WW84 going in.

I'm looking forward to Godzilla v Kong too. I think the last one was better than it was given credit for and it looks like they're pulling out all the stops for GvK. Some of the trailers are looking straight up ridiculous, but in all the right ways. They're unapologetically leaning right into the absurdity of it all and that works just fine for me.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
I will definitely wait and stream WW84 then. Thanks for the heads up guys. Too bad as the first WW was excellent imo.

I am looking forward to Godzilla vs Kong as well. Anyone know when it will be released on UHD? I'm going to wait to watch it on my soon to be completed 5.2.4 setup on physical media for the best experience. No rush anyway as I haven't seen any of the Monster movies yet and have the first 3 movies in the series as well as Peter Jackson's King Kong, on physical with Atmos and DTS-X, sitting waiting in queue...

Edit: Looks like the release date for GvsK is July 31st 2021...

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I forgot about zilla v Kong! I might just do a free trial for that. I'm hearing it wasn't bad for what it's meant to be- rock 'em sock 'em monster on monster violence at an epic scale. Seems to be the most liked so far.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis