Wonder Woman 1984 - Thoughts?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
We watched this right at 11AM (CST). I have to say I was not that impressed with the story, acting and CGI action. I don't want to provide any spoilers, but the Mandalorian had an unsuccessful invasion of the DC Universe.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Moved this over from another thread. “Watched WW84. Love comic book movies but it was not as good as the first film to me. I watched til’ the credits rolled and finally got what I waited for and jumped off of the couch cheering. It made up for a lot.:D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm considering doing the binge watch HBO Max during 7 day free trial thing pretty soon.
What should be on my watch list other than:
Raised by Wolves
WW84

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I got HBO Max primarily to see the Fresh Prince reunion so I'm probably not much help on that one :) However, when I wanted to see it this morning it was still too early and haven't tried WW yet but a little Gal never hurt....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm considering doing the binge watch HBO Max during 7 day free trial thing pretty soon.
What should be on my watch list other than:
Raised by Wolves
WW84
Raised by wolves is excellent if your into sci-fi’s I rather liked the sound track too .

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, Just finished WW84. I think it's an ok movie. Probably best enjoyed like most "summer" blockbusters on an unnecessary huge screen with an only fittingly unnecessary large amount of powerful speakers (especially subs)
7/10 from me and I am going to overlook massive plot holes.

p.s: No idea what Cos meant by any connection to Mandalorian (though to be honest I still haven't watched the last season, waiting for it to finish to binge it)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, Just finished WW84. I think it's an ok movie. Probably best enjoyed like most "summer" blockbusters on an unnecessary huge screen with an only fittingly unnecessary large amount of powerful speakers (especially subs)
7/10 from me and I am going to overlook massive plot holes.

p.s: No idea what Cos meant by any connection to Mandalorian (though to be honest I still haven't watched the last season, waiting for it to finish to binge it)
For Pedro Pascal, this is the way to play a ‘Wonder Woman’ villain when you’re also the coolest hero in the galaxy - The Washington Post

Pedro Pacal also plays the Mandalorian. I enjoyed him in that role, I did not in wonder woman, his character was very over the top and over acted.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Watchmen, His Dark Materials, Titans, The Flight Attendant, Game Of Thrones, just to name a few. HBO Max seems to have a great variety of programming.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It doesn't say much for a movie when the discussion moves over to everything else available on HBOMAX.:eek: It started well and went downhill from there but it at least included a mid credits scene that brought me to my feet and all was not lost. Oh, and the 4K video and atmos track worked with no issues. It is currently the only thing available in 4K HDR and Atmos on HBOMAX if I am not mistaken. I think Disney + is ahead with its price point and 4K HDR and atmos offerings in comparison to everybody else.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I dunno about Watchmen - couldn't get into it. His Dark Materials is a great TV show, exceptionally well done, but its main audience is clearly teens/young adults.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
I haven’t watched it yet but love a mindless action movie and don’t expect all plot holes to be covered so I suspect I will like it. It is the breadth of programming on HBO Max that I like, many good older shows with newer exclusive content that I truly enjoy. If you cannot find anything on it then you are likely to not find anything on the other streaming offerings out there either.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, we tried to watch it last night as planned but the 4k had/has an issue, cannot stream right now, come back later was the message. Tried to older version, played just fine. Thought too many people may be streaming and crashed?
This morning, same happened. Then, I saw my note on laptop for Tivo site to use Chrome. Ok, why not try HBO Max with Chrome. It worked! So we watched it on with Chrome browser. Apparently Microsoft Edge at HBO does not work for new WW1984 4k version, it works for the ones we tried with Edge.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We watched it in 4K Atmos. Well, I should say “Fakemos” since I hardly heard anything overhead. And it was shot using analog 35mm films, so I should say fake-4K too. :D

WW1984 is absolute worst blockbuster comic book superhero movie of all times.

My rating is 0/10. :D

I think WW84 has been called Aladdin 3. And I think Aladdin 2 with Will Smith might even be better than WW84. Hey, can Aladdin fly without his magic carpet like Woman Woman can? :eek:

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The worst? Did you see Batman vs Superman? Justice League? Superman 3? Superman IV? Supergirl? Marvel isn’t off the hook, the Fantastic 4 movies all sucked.:D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just finishing it up now. Just another superhero movie sequel....some fun parts, good production values generally, liked the casting for the most part. Cheesy ending.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

@lovinthehd and @AcuDefTechGuy , what browser did you use to watch it?
Using Chrome as that is all it worked on my laptop audio cam in as ProLogic II, certainly not DD+ like others on Edge.

Asked son to test his and would not work on Edge.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Thanks for that link. But it is not even downgrading to play on Edge. It downgraded on Chrome and just tried Firefox and both works without 4k as we don't have that capability. Why not Edge? All other programs at HBOMax works on Edge.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Watched it on Ruko down loaded the HBOmax app on it plays in Dolby Digital + sounds good looks good too seems a little slow to load tho . But once it starts no problem in any playback or soundtrack.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis