which subs? 4 10's or 2 12's

B

Blynch

Audiophyte
I have limited space and budget for my subs. My room is only 13x14 with one row of seating. I am running a full Atmos system with 4 height and seven floor speakers. I'm not a fan of sealed subs but big ported boxes aren't an option for me. This system is only used for movies no music in this room. Only placement option for me is in the corner. I don't have the flexibility to move them around for the best possible sound. So with that being said my choice's are either 2 SVS PC-2000 pro's in the front corners or 4 RSL speedwoofer 10's one in each corner. They are about the smallest ported enclosures I could find. I just don't have room for anything bigger. Oh I have a full Paradigm premier set up and a Marantz AV7704 with 3 Marantz MM7055's for now until I switch over to the Anthem AVM 60 and MCA 525's

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How about the ported columns instead of boxes, that help footprint wise?

ps LOL focused on the no room for boxes and missed the PC subs :) nm :)

Last edited:
Shimei

Shimei

Audioholic Intern
I have limited space and budget for my subs. My room is only 13x14 with one row of seating. I am running a full Atmos system with 4 height and seven floor speakers. I'm not a fan of sealed subs but big ported boxes aren't an option for me. This system is only used for movies no music in this room. Only placement option for me is in the corner. I don't have the flexibility to move them around for the best possible sound. So with that being said my choice's are either 2 SVS PC-2000 pro's in the front corners or 4 RSL speedwoofer 10's one in each corner. They are about the smallest ported enclosures I could find. I just don't have room for anything bigger. Oh I have a full Paradigm premier set up and a Marantz AV7704 with 3 Marantz MM7055's for now until I switch over to the Anthem AVM 60 and MCA 525's
Thought you may be interested: https://www.disqus.social/2020/02/review-tekton-design-4-10-subwoofer.html

The Tekton Design 4-10 has a pretty small footprint.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I believe RSL is down rite now do to the stay at home order.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you are absolutely restricted to having to put them in the corners without the opportunity to determine the best locations, I would play the odds of more locations with the 10's over the deeper bass of the 12" subs.
Be aware that either way, corner loading all of the subs may give you more low bass than you would want. You may want to make it a point to have some EQ options!

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I do like the RSL’s too but I think the PC2k pros will have much more output below 25hz to probably about 16-18hz. Seems like you’re only really concerned with one seat so I think you can get a good FR with the two pc’s

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I would go with the two ported 12’s. I like HSU VTF2 mk5 but SVS PC2000 uses less floor space.

B

Blynch

Audiophyte
So is the Pro @ $949 worth $250 more than the regular PC 2000 $699? I haven’t seen any comparisons or reviews on the pro yet

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd go with the PC-2000 pro's as well. The smartphone DSP app may help with fine tuning of the sound since you'd be corner loading both of them.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Since you said movies only, I’m thinking you will be happy with the regular PC2000. Good luck! :)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
$800.00

Yeah I’d jump on that deal especially with all the work that goes into a diy sub. Do you need to buy a separate amp?

I always wanted a sonitube sub but until I move out of parents house the footprint is too big .

I’m skeptical it could outperformed my diy 15” sub but I’m sure that 4 10s would produce more bass overall . Not sure if they can extend as low , However they are cheaper then most high end diy sub drivers themselves .... so happy trials
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pc2000 pro. X2.
I really didn't know what to suggest here. I can see there's no doubt in your mind tho!

How come? You know I love me some SVS. I would go the PC route myself just to expand the family a little. That and I know how good SVS is. The RSLs did review very well here tho, with a single falling just shy of the extreme bassaholic rating. Wouldn't 4 of them not only keep up with a pair of PC2000 Pros and also help with any room modes?

I think either way will net some awesome results and like I said, I'd go with the PCs myself just to have me some more SVS in the house! Build quality is fantastic and I actually really like the aesthetic. Just wanted your perspective on it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I really didn't know what to suggest here. I can see there's no doubt in your mind tho!

How come? You know I love me some SVS. I would go the PC route myself just to expand the family a little. That and I know how good SVS is. The RSLs did review very well here tho, with a single falling just shy of the extreme bassaholic rating. Wouldn't 4 of them not only keep up with a pair of PC2000 Pros and also help with any room modes?

I think either way will net some awesome results and like I said, I'd go with the PCs myself just to have me some more SVS in the house! Build quality is fantastic and I actually really like the aesthetic. Just wanted your perspective on it.
Well I appreciate you asking me that. My thoughts are that, even though I agree with you, and did consider the benefits of 4-10’s vs 2-12’s. I believe he’s dealing with one seat, and I feel like the PC2K pro’s will be able to deliver more output and TR. For me that’s important.
The speedwoofers are probably the best 10” sub, and maybe the only one I’d personally consider. The SVS also have a form factor that I like. I think they look unique, and really like mine. Another thing is, setting up four subs is. No joke. As you know with your pair, it’s a long way down the rabbit hole. Lol
Hope that helps! Can definitely add more...

B

Blynch

Audiophyte
Well I appreciate you asking me that. My thoughts are that, even though I agree with you, and did consider the benefits of 4-10’s vs 2-12’s. I believe he’s dealing with one seat, and I feel like the PC2K pro’s will be able to deliver more output and TR. For me that’s important.
The speedwoofers are probably the best 10” sub, and maybe the only one I’d personally consider. The SVS also have a form factor that I like. I think they look unique, and really like mine. Another thing is, setting up four subs is. No joke. As you know with your pair, it’s a long way down the rabbit hole. Lol
Hope that helps! Can definitely add more...
No I have 4 seats but only one row. The SVS will no doubt play lower just maybe not as consistent in all 4 seats as having 4 subs

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No I have 4 seats but only one row. The SVS will no doubt play lower just maybe not as consistent in all 4 seats as having 4 subs
How often do the other seats get used?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis