Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Huh????? low aptitude B&W ranks the highest on the poll!!??!!?? above JBL/Revel?? Have the jolly British trolls infiltrated the audioholic chambers? (For England James?? i mean Jim??) bwaaahaha.......... I didn't realize me good ol' USofA would lose to British trolls.

And....and...and...Klipsch sht boxes rank 3rd?!?!?! Bwaaahaha
And...and...and...good grief.....Polk sht boxes are on the list?? But,,,,,Tekton? Elac? TAD? Canton? are not even on the list?

I, hereby, rest my case (solemnly).
Well... this thread is almost ten years old.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Well... this thread is almost ten years old.
No GR Research?? No Tekton?? Danny/Eric, we need another revolution, bring in the heavy artillery (Moabs, Ulfberhts, NX-Tremes and Oticas)...We need to exterminate this low aptitude shtbox infiltration in a timely manner....Liberate our young audioholic lads....show them the righteous path

America!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I am a big Klipsch guy. I have a set of matte black Forte' II's that I upgraded in one system and Hersey III's in another system. Love them both. Someday, I might get Cornwalls or LaScalas. But no room for another set, so I imagine the Forte II's would sadly have to go.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Why is Salk not listed here?
If KEF couldn't make the list with the volume they sell, little chance for a small operator like Jim Salk...no matter how good his speakers are.

Apparently.

M

MLCorman

Audiophyte
I am a big Klipsch guy. I have a set of matte black Forte' II's that I upgraded in one system and Hersey III's in another system. Love them both. Someday, I might get Cornwalls or LaScalas. But no room for another set, so I imagine the Forte II's would sadly have to go.
Have you heard Salk SS 7Ms (to compare to Heresys? or 8Ms to compare to Fortes?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You only have to ask once we can see the post and if someone has they will answer

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have you heard the Salk SS 7M and the Klipsch Heresy?
I have the 'near-cousin' of the SS8 from Salk. The guy that does the XO work and voices the speakers for Salk, Dennis Murphy, Philharmonic Audio) designed the speakers I have. His trademark is a flat FR with a very accurate and neutral sound, and usually very wide dispersion.

I can't seem to find any real measurements for the Heresys. A little surprised by this considering the way many hold the Klipsch Heritage speakers in such high regard. But considering that none of their speakers really measure flat that I've seen, I would expect these to neither be Flat or Accurate and Neutral.
This is not to say they will sound bad. But they will sound and behave very different from the type of speaker that Jim Salk and Dennis Murphy design.
At that point, personal preference becomes the deciding factor; much the same way I dislike B&W and DefTech whereas others find them to be quite enjoyable though they are both flawed in many ways.

Regardless, the best advice I can give is to seek out speakers that are Flat, Accurate and Neutral. Listen and see if you enjoy them. :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
To the OP looking at the Salk call Jim Salk ask if there's anyone close to your location that has them and see if you are able to audition them they do have it network of people that will allow you to come and audition speakers but you have to call Salk yourself

WHERE CAN I HEAR YOUR SPEAKERS?
Since we do not have dealers, this may be a little difficult depending on where you live. Obviously the best place to hear a speaker is in your home. This is far preferable to hearing them in a location you are not familiar with. But we understand that you may feel a bit uneasy about purchasing a speaker you have not heard before. So contact us and we may be able to arrange an audition for you with a local owner.

Hacienda

Hacienda

Audiophyte
Sennheiser should be added on that list since they are the best in my opinion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Eight years later, do you have the same view? o_O
It's been EIGHT YEARS? No way! :D

But you know what I said was tongue-in-cheek as a general statement - meaning whichever speaker I currently own is the best. :D

Anyway, RBH SVT and SX-T2/R towers are the best. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis