What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Also upper control arm's, oldest Son and I will R&R them soon. Bushings are Starting to deteriorate could have changed just the bushings 40 bucks for 4 of them. Pick these up 70 for both, why not R& R is about a hour labor on each side.
1723475784277.png

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Also this Panasonic 4K UB450 player. Nothing wrong with my Sony 4K X700m player. Got it for 165.00 new
1723476556752.png

simple, no apps Ethernet connect only and it's only just for updating firmware.

Last edited:
-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
View attachment 68810

Bought a "region free" UHD 4k Blu-ray/DVD player. Sony UBP-X700 /M (top device,)
plays all DVD regions 0-8, Blu-ray ABC
I have the Sony UBP-X700, which works great, so you have a good one here. I was surprised at your comment that it's Region Free so I went looking in regards to mine. (Canada /USA Model)

The manual says (page 29):

Region code (BD/DVD VIDEO only)
Your player has a region code printed on the
rear of the unit and will only play BD/DVD
VIDEO labeled with identical region codes or ALL

(The ALL is inside a globe icon that I couldn't easily copy to paste in here.)

So I went looking on the rear of the unit and found:

UPB-X700 Region Codes.jpg

My interpretation is it will play All Blu-rays but only Region 1 DVDs. Those are Disks from Canada, the United States and U.S. territories.

Not that it really matters to me as my DVD purchasing has long been retired in favor of Blu-rays. But I've been holding off on purchasing John Williams in Vienna (Live) Blu-ray on Amazon.ca as it's got a note that says:

"Playback Region B/2 : This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia." This is even though the rear photo of the Blu-ray Case says "All Regions". I didn't want the hassle of having to return the disk if it wouldn't play. (I even contacted Amazon for clarification and never heard back.)

So anyway, due to your post, and a bit of digging on my part, I'm going to buy the John Williams in Vienna (Live) Blu-ray, as soon as it goes on sale here. (There's only one remaining in stock so they've jacked the price up- of course :rolleyes:. ) It's supposed to be an amazing concert in Dolby Atmos.

So thanks for posting @MR.MAGOO !

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Do you like the taste of those ZEROWATER filters? And how do you use them?
This is the one I have, 32 cup. Best home filters. Now they do cost more. I say more you can get two replacement filter about 30 bucks. Now depending on your water say like my city water comes in around 215 TDS level which is high so I'm getting about 20 gallons of very clean drinking water. They say once it reads 0.06 to change out the filter. But I'll let it get to around 0.50-0.75. I used to have Pur- water filters. I tested with the Zero water meter, came to 165.0 not to good at all. Those Filter's cost around 15 bucks for one.

1723492408065.png

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Do you like the taste of those ZEROWATER filters? And how do you use them?
Here's some carts that comes with when you get that Zero water tank. Paid around 42 bucks, comes with the meter and one filter. Water has a very clean taste. Now I have had a filter not stream out the bottom. It was air lock. I took the filter back out Shook it a little poured some water over the top of the filter again shook it again air bubbles came out and it started filtering again.
1723493808234.png

1723493846422.png

1723493949133.png

1723493997100.png

Sorry about the long photo, just trying to give you the best information I can. Now it takes a little longer to full up not the fastest out there, but it really is a 5 stage filter. And don't buy the off brand filters there not as good. Buy only Zero water filters. I paid 52.24 for 4 Zero filters from Amazon, the more filters buy in a pack the less you pay.

Oh almost forgot the filter just Screws in has a rubber gasket around it very easy no tools at all to install. The meter just plugs into the Waterspout. The Water spout just pushes into the little slot on the tank it also has rubber gasket it snaps in you'll feel it snap in place. Just wash the tank with mild dishwashing soap dry off. Screw in the filter snap in waterspout, snap in to meter fill the tank up and you're good to go. Top tank holds about 5, 8 Ounce glass of water. If you get the 32 cup tank will take about 10-12, 8 ounce glasses to totally full the lower tank up.

If by chance it stops filtering about half full tank, just lift the top tank out, over Your kitchen sink of course you can unscrew the filter shake, pour some water to fill up top of the filter you'll see bubbles come up it'll be just air lock. Did that to me a couple of times and I've been having this tank for months. But that only happen when I change out the filter two times. I read some reviews that some complained about that.

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have the Sony UBP-X700, which works great, so you have a good one here. I was surprised at your comment that it's Region Free so I went looking in regards to mine. (Canada /USA Model)

The manual says (page 29):

Region code (BD/DVD VIDEO only)
Your player has a region code printed on the
rear of the unit and will only play BD/DVD
VIDEO labeled with identical region codes or ALL

(The ALL is inside a globe icon that I couldn't easily copy to paste in here.)

So I went looking on the rear of the unit and found:

View attachment 68826

My interpretation is it will play All Blu-rays but only Region 1 DVDs. Those are Disks from Canada, the United States and U.S. territories.

Not that it really matters to me as my DVD purchasing has long been retired in favor of Blu-rays. But I've been holding off on purchasing John Williams in Vienna (Live) Blu-ray on Amazon.ca as it's got a note that says:

"Playback Region B/2 : This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia." This is even though the rear photo of the Blu-ray Case says "All Regions". I didn't want the hassle of having to return the disk if it wouldn't play. (I even contacted Amazon for clarification and never heard back.)

So anyway, due to your post, and a bit of digging on my part, I'm going to buy the John Williams in Vienna (Live) Blu-ray, as soon as it goes on sale here. (There's only one remaining in stock so they've jacked the price up- of course :rolleyes:. ) It's supposed to be an amazing concert in Dolby Atmos.

So thanks for posting @MR.MAGOO !
Mine is the UBP-X700 /M model and has a green sticker next to serial number on the back panel ' Play any standard DVD Region 0-8 Play any Blu-Ray Region A, B, & C' Bought mine on Amazon, it was advertised as region free, apparently "upgraded"by a third party (220 Electronics) to be region free. Came with a special sheet of instructions to play DVD: Standard DVD regions 0-8 are set to automatic play, just insert disc and press play. Blu-ray are changed manually with the remote. I seem to have taken a risk because Sony warranty does not apply! Oh well, I inherited my gambling instincts!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
After a motorcycling meet & greet this morning, I left a little after 11:00AM with my empty backpack and headed to Joe's Albums in downtown Worcester MA. Only the Cannonball Adderly one was I actively seeking, all the others were just spur-of-the-moment finds. Very happy with each of them, and I should be able to listen to them later today.

"Something Else," Cannonball Adderly, Miles Davis, Hank Jones, Sam Jones, & Art Blakey, a MoFi Ultradisk One-Step, added to a miscellaneous collection of quality jazz records.
Van Halen "II," a MoFi Ultradisk One-Step, added to the small collection of 4 other, period copies.
Lumineers "III," 180 gram release, added to 3 other Lumineers records.
Norah Jones "Come Away With Me", a 20th anniversary edition of a seminal work from her added to 3 others I own. (German pressing)
Miles Davis "Blue," a landmark jazz album that every collection should have, now I do. On 180 gram vinyl.

View attachment 68717
Very cool. I remember buying and selling albums at Al Bums on the corner of Chandler and June streets in Wormtown back in the day. I used to buy CDs at Newbury Comics but they sell almost everything but now. we need more music stores!

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
It was sales tax free weekend in MA so it’s a great time to save the 6.25% tax. Bought 2 laptops
IMG_4824.jpeg
IMG_4825.jpeg
. A new HP for everyday use in the office and a refurbished Mac that’s light to rip CDs in my music room. Best Buy had great deals so I got them both for less than $1K.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Here's some carts that comes with when you get that Zero water tank. Paid around 42 bucks, comes with the meter and one filter. Water has a very clean taste. Now I have had a filter not stream out the bottom. It was air lock. I took the filter back out Shook it a little poured some water over the top of the filter again shook it again air bubbles came out and it started filtering again.
View attachment 68836
View attachment 68837
View attachment 68838
View attachment 68839
Sorry about the long photo, just trying to give you the best information I can. Now it takes a little longer to full up not the fastest out there, but it really is a 5 stage filter. And don't buy the off brand filters there not as good. Buy only Zero water filters. I paid 52.24 for 4 Zero filters from Amazon, the more filters buy in a pack the less you pay.

Oh almost forgot the filter just Screws in has a rubber gasket around it very easy no tools at all to install. The meter just plugs into the Waterspout. The Water spout just pushes into the little slot on the tank it also has rubber gasket it snaps in you'll feel it snap in place. Just wash the tank with mild dishwashing soap dry off. Screw in the filter snap in waterspout, snap in to meter fill the tank up and you're good to go. Top tank holds about 5, 8 Ounce glass of water. If you get the 32 cup tank will take about 10-12, 8 ounce glasses to totally full the lower tank up.

If by chance it stops filtering about half full tank, just lift the top tank out, over Your kitchen sink of course you can unscrew the filter shake, pour some water to fill up top of the filter you'll see bubbles come up it'll be just air lock. Did that to me a couple of times and I've been having this tank for months. But that only happen when I change out the filter two times. I read some reviews that some complained about that.
Thanks for the info. Might have to look into it.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the info. Might have to look into it.
Your welcome Sir! I had tried others but they don't do as good as the Zero does. Like I stated I had Pur water filter. The one you attach to your faucet. It took out the chlorine taste, which is very high in the water here, I than used the Zero Water meter with a glass of water that I just filtered from the Pur filter. Reading came back at 165 TDS not good. I use that Zero all the time to make my coffee, to cook and of course to drink.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Last one for a little while. My record racks are packed pretty tight, and I'm hoping that sometime this weekend my son will bring me the 3rd one he's been slowly building (he had a few pay jobs in front of it, this one's a gift.)

Anyhow, that brings me to 3 Godsmack albums. Could be a couple more in the distant future, but I have other "holes in the collection" to fill first. This one is on marbled gold vinyl.

Godsmack_Faceless.jpg

Godsmack_Faceless_Playing.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Last one for a little while. My record racks are packed pretty tight, and I'm hoping that sometime this weekend my son will bring me the 3rd one he's been slowly building (he had a few pay jobs in front of it, this one's a gift.)

Anyhow, that brings me to 3 Godsmack albums. Could be a couple more in the distant future, but I have other "holes in the collection" to fill first. This one is on marbled gold vinyl.

View attachment 68865
View attachment 68866
Please share pictures of the record racks that your son builds they sound cool

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Very cool. They're made from a single sheet of plywood using open source plans from the Audiokarma forum. He takes it up a couple notches by using Baltic Birch plywood, and does some secure joinery with glue, clamps, and his Kreg high angle drill jig (for hidden screws.) They seem to hold about 300-400 records each. It's the lower amount if some are the thick double albums of 180 gram vinyl and the boxes used for the MoFi Ultradisc One-Step issues, could be over 500 if they were all the super thin single LP's in thin cardboard from the 70's.

He's made and sold about 10 of them now. Many people make their own and are happy with simple painted AC plywood and screws showing.

He gets $375 for a basic one, up to $495 for one like mine with the 350lb each rated casters and LED lights.
1000006719.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Very cool. They're made from a single sheet of plywood using open source plans from the Audiokarma forum. He takes it up a couple notches by using Baltic Birch plywood, and does some secure joinery with glue, clamps, and his Kreg high angle drill jig (for hidden screws.) They seem to hold about 300-400 records each. It's the lower amount if some are the thick double albums of 180 gram vinyl and the boxes used for the MoFi Ultradisc One-Step issues, could be over 500 if they were all the super thin single LP's in thin cardboard from the 70's.

He's made and sold about 10 of them now. Many people make their own and are happy with simple painted AC plywood and screws showing.

He gets $375 for a basic one, up to $495 for one like mine with the 350lb each rated casters and LED lights.
View attachment 68867
Very cool thanks. I believe congratulations is in order. It looks like your setup is in the latest Audiophiliac video. I recognized the racks.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Very cool thanks. I believe congratulations is in order. It looks like your setup is in the latest Audiophiliac video. I recognized the racks.
It is there, in the first couple seconds of the intro, and at 18 minutes & 4 seconds in. :)

Only problem is that Steve Guttenberg may have a touch of dyslexia because as he's describing the system @ 18:56 he mentions "Luxman L905X integrated amp." I checked what I gave him in the e-mail, and it's correct with "L-509X."

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
It is there, in the first couple seconds of the intro, and at 18 minutes & 4 seconds in. :)

Only problem is that Steve Guttenberg may have a touch of dyslexia because as he's describing the system @ 18:56 he mentions "Luxman L905X integrated amp." I checked what I gave him in the e-mail, and it's correct with "L-509X."

Cool. He needs to double check his notes.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Thanks I saw that on eBay. I only buy used equipment from Amazon or in person based on my experience. I’m definitely down the rabbit hole now. I’m going to keep auditioning one at a time connecting the Node as a streamer to the external DAC.
Went with the suggestion to add just a DAC. Ordered the Holo Audio Cyan 2 based on all the reviews and my budget. Was looking at Denafrips but they have changed to direct to consumer only with no US distribution and dropped their warranty from 3 years down to 12 months. Confirmed with the company directly so beware if you see ads touting a 3 year warranty. Holo has a distributor in WA and a 3 year warranty and cost $1198 plus shipping. It will take about 6-8 weeks for delivery. will See how it sounds using the Node as a streamer connecting through USB. Researching better streamers now just in case. I’m looking for the sound I heard with the A8 or better without the connection issues. I’m falling further down the rabbit hole but I love the journey.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis