What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Awhile back a fellow on Audiokarma had seen that I swapped out the stock Jelco SA-250 tonearm on my 2011 build Luxman PD-171 turntable, with a new old-stock Jelco TS-550S tonearm that my dealer had gotten along with s few other Jelco tonearms. The forum member has the TS-550S type 2 on his suspended Thorens turntable, and suggested I consider the micrometer type VTA adjuster that he uses, on mine. He remarked that because my turntable has a fixed top plate type tonearm I might be able to use the Vertical Tracking Angle adjuster "on-the-fly". The VTA can vary with differing thickness of records and with various cartridges...especially those with a microline and Shibata stylus. Being able to quickly adjust it is a BIG advantage.

It took about 18 days from the UK to get through customs and to my door in Massachusetts, but installed quickly and does indeed allow me to adjust it on-the-fly with NO hint of making the tonearm skip. Very noticeable difference.

TS-550S_stock.jpg

Base_swap_1.jpg

Base_swap_2.jpg

VTA_micrometer_installed.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Awhile back a fellow on Audiokarma had seen that I swapped out the stock Jelco SA-250 tonearm on my 2011 build Luxman PD-171 turntable, with a new old-stock Jelco TS-550S tonearm that my dealer had gotten along with s few other Jelco tonearms. The forum member has the TS-550S type 2 on his suspended Thorens turntable, and suggested I consider the micrometer type VTA adjuster that he uses, on mine. He remarked that because my turntable has a fixed top plate type tonearm I might be able to use the Vertical Tracking Angle adjuster "on-the-fly". The VTA can vary with differing thickness of records and with various cartridges...especially those with a microline and Shibata stylus. Being able to quickly adjust it is a BIG advantage.

It took about 18 days from the UK to get through customs and to my door in Massachusetts, but installed quickly and does indeed allow me to adjust it on-the-fly with NO hint of making the tonearm skip. Very noticeable difference.

View attachment 68881
View attachment 68882
View attachment 68883
View attachment 68884
Wow. Very nice piece of kit. Not cheap for what I saw but looks to be of exceptional quality so worth it. I still have yet to really use my TT. I like that I have it but ROON is so good and easy to use. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My latest toy

I almost filled two 32 Gig USB sticks with albums for my g/f to play at her trailer. Her POS Jensen trailer radio has a USB port but the dam thing can't read the stick. Maybe, I just put too much music for it to handle. So I looked for an alternative after I noticed an auxiliary input on her set up so I bought this for her to use. It comes with a 64Gb card but its capable of taking and processing a 1Terabyte card.

IMG_2669.jpg
IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

t has a great feel and is quite heavy and solid feeling. I hooked it up last night to my Yamaha RX-A2060 AVR and it plays really nice.

Here's the link if anyone is looking for something similar.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My latest toy

I almost filled two 32 Gig USB sticks with albums for my g/f to play at her trailer. Her POS Jensen trailer radio has a USB port but the dam thing can't read the stick. Maybe, I just put too much music for it to handle. So I looked for an alternative after I noticed an auxiliary input on her set up so I bought this for her to use. It comes with a 64Gb card but its capable of taking and processing a 1Terabyte card.

View attachment 68885View attachment 68886View attachment 68887

View attachment 68888

t has a great feel and is quite heavy and solid feeling. I hooked it up last night to my Yamaha RX-A2060 AVR and it plays really nice.

Here's the link if anyone is looking for something similar.

Stick often has to be formatted FAT32 to work with oddball devices and then there can be size limitations that they will support, so not surprising.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Just Finished installing this ceiling fan cheap one but it works came with the bulb. 34.97+tax. Picked it up at Wally World.

1723864385272.png

D

dolynick

Audioholic
New MLP chair was delivered today:

TR-MLPChair-Aug2024-1.jpg

TR-MLPChair-Aug2024-2.jpg

The pictures make it look more red than it really is. I did some minor auto correction on it but it's more of a rich brown than red.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We went and saw the 15th anniversary in theaters on Sun. Still a fun flick and it made $20m to boot. One week only. Ordered the Steelbook anniversary 4K edition.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I went to Best Buys online website this morning, to purchase a 55 inch TCL, 55QM751G, on sale w FREE delivery. Said delivery would be September 4. There was another BB store, about a 35 minute drive, that had one in stock, but did not want to p/u. This replaces my 2016 TCL, which is a plain, TCL 4K w Roku. Moved up to a QLED TV, which my wife has had for couple years. I held off for as long as I could. lol

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
PHOLED is coming :D So the next time you need to upgrade, maybe it will be consumer price friendly.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
I wasn't planning on buying a new power amplifier for the living room until closer to XMas, but the dealer I contacted to get some prelimary pricing reached out because of some sale pricing that's available and I should be able to get a Musical Fidelity M6 PRX for about 25% off. That puts it within $200 of the Anthem MCA 225 that was the other contender I was eyeing. If they're that close, I think I'll go with the Musical Fidelity. I'll make a final decision in the coming days but I am thinking I'll likely pull the trigger on this.

I discovered that my current A308 Integrated is having some issues when pushed hard now. It probably needs recapping and a little TLC, but it is also over 20 years old now. I'll look into seeing if I can find a shop to service it after replacement and hopefully give it new home elsewhere down the road yet.

Matt34

Matt34

I spent a lot of the weekend looking for a new pair of speakers (that I absolutely do not need). Almost pulled the trigger on some b-stock MoFi SP 8 or currently on sale Wharfedale Aura 2, but just couldn't justify the cost over the extremely competent Revel M106 I have now. So I ended up with a single HSU ccb-8 on the way to try out as a center channel.

While researching the Wharfedale 3 I had a dealer recommend some PMC Prodigy 5 which lead me down the YouTube and forum rabbit hole again but I don't think the justify the $2800 asking price from what I've seen.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I spent a lot of the weekend looking for a new pair of speakers (that I absolutely do not need). Almost pulled the trigger on some b-stock MoFi SP 8 or currently on sale Wharfedale Aura 2, but just couldn't justify the cost over the extremely competent Revel M106 I have now. So I ended up with a single HSU ccb-8 on the way to try out as a center channel.

While researching the Wharfedale 3 I had a dealer recommend some PMC Prodigy 5 which lead me down the YouTube and forum rabbit hole again but I don't think the justify the $2800 asking price from what I've seen.
We have 3 HSU CCB-8s across the fronts in our 7.2.4 Atmos system. I think they are fabulous, but don't know how they'll fit with your M106s. I hope it goes well.

Matt34

Matt34

We have 3 HSU CCB-8s across the fronts in our 7.2.4 Atmos system. I think they are fabulous, but don't know how they'll fit with your M106s. I hope it goes well.
Its definitely a different presentation. Voices and guitars for example are elevated (more in your face) over the Revels. I have it calibrated in the system now and will try it out for awhile. I do prefer it over the JBL 665c I have on hand, which was almost double the price of the HSU.
1000000435.jpg
1000000434.jpg

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Its definitely a different presentation. Voices and guitars for example are elevated (more in your face) over the Revels. I have it calibrated in the system now and will try it out for awhile. I do prefer it over the JBL 665c I have on hand, which was almost double the price of the HSU. View attachment 69286View attachment 69287
There's a reason folks try to use the same speaker across the LCR. Sometimes you can get lucky mix and matching, sometimes not so much. But that HSU CCB-8 does look nice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis