What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Back in 2002 I was looking for a screen name and looked at a list of grateful dead songs. I've always loved the song Crazy Fingers, but changed it to crazyfingers.

Your rain falls like crazy fingers
Peals of fragile thunder keeping time
Recall the days that still are to come some sing blue.
Hang your heart on laughing willow stray
Down to the water, deep sea of love
Beneath the sweet calm face of the sea swift undertow.

Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know,
See how it feels in the end.
May lady lullaby sing plainly for you soft, strong, sweet and true.
Cloud hands reaching from a rainbow tapping at the window, touch your hair
So swift and bright strange figures of light float in air.

Who can stop what must arrive now? something new is waiting to be born
Dark as the night you're still by my side shine inside .
Gone are the days we stopped to decide where we should go, we just ride.
Gone are the broken eyes we saw through in dreams gone, both dream and lie.

Life may be sweeter for this, I don't know,
Feels like it might be all right,
While lady lullaby sings plainly through you love still rings true.
Never could reach it, just slips away but I try.

I was at this show
I saw there's a tribute band by that name, too. One of my early work projects was working on the Europe 72 tour for logistics and documentation. A good friend of mine in high school turned out to be Bob Weir's brother (Bob was given up for adoption).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased this for under $8 Cdn taxes in while getting some other things at Canadian tire

IMG_2211.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought 8 records at a local record sale held at a nearby hotel. 4 of the 8 are brand new, still in the original shrink wrap with hype stickers.

Top row from left are: Queen "News Of The World" (2023 Walmart Olive Green re-issue), The Lumineers "Brightside" (2022), Pearl Jam "Ten" (2009 Sony 180gram re-issue), Supertramp "Crime Of The Century (1974, a UK pressing.) The first three are new.

Second row from left are: Carseat Headrest "Twin Fantasy" (2018, Czech Republic pressing, new), Uriah Heep "Underworld" (1974, NM- VG+), Little Feat "Waiting For Columbus" (1978 live double album), and The Rolling Stones "Metamorphosis" (1975, VG)
1000007249.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Bought 8 records at a local record sale held at a nearby hotel. 4 of the 8 are brand new, still in the original shrink wrap with hype stickers.

Top row from left are: Queen "News Of The World" (2023 Walmart Olive Green re-issue), The Lumineers "Brightside" (2022), Pearl Jam "Ten" (2009 Sony 180gram re-issue), Supertramp "Crime Of The Century (1974, a UK pressing.) The first three are new.

Second row from left are: Carseat Headrest "Twin Fantasy" (2018, Czech Republic pressing, new), Uriah Heep "Underworld" (1974, NM- VG+), Little Feat "Waiting For Columbus" (1978 live double album), and The Rolling Stones "Metamorphosis" (1975, VG)
View attachment 68108
Great pickups. Queen, Supertramp and Little Feat are all excellent albums. Enjoy!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Great pickups. Queen, Supertramp and Little Feat are all excellent albums. Enjoy!
Thanks! I actually think all of them are good, except perhaps the Metamorphosis from The Rolling Stones. There's one I bought just because it was cheap and I'm filling in holes in my collection. (That one brings me to 16 with them, though they have a LOT more than that out there.)

The Pearl Jam "Ten" is a 2-record set, one a half-speed remaster, the other a complete re-mix. Paid only $10 for it! :D

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yesterday was the day for reissues. Weird how multiple releases come out on the same day after months of waiting. They must know when I get paid. Received the latest Jethro Tull box set. This one is for the late 70s live album, Bursting Out. The Tull sets set the standard for reissues. They are all in book form so all 15 line up like a library. 3 CDs and 3 DVDs all with unreleased stuff including a complete Madison Square Garden show from the Heavy Horses 78 tour and an excellent 96 page booklet in the middle. All at a reasonable price compared to other acts reissues. Less than $50 US on Amazon. Steve Wilson is a wiz with his remix and remastering work including all of this live music.
View attachment 68085
I still have the original vinyl and saw that concert tour in Toronto. The giant balloons in the crowd were a blast.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was on sale cheap, the raw wood looked interesting and it has the bottle opener :D

Bought a bunch of stuff for the kitten. Baby gate, kitten food, flea med, cat toys.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Ordered a new listening/viewing chair for myself today.

It'll be a couple months before it arrives, but my old one has never been quite perfect.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
What did you order? Post a link?
One of these, but in leather
1719332515608.png

I never expected to be buying a La-z-boy, but it fit. Head rest lands right at the base of the skull so I can put my head back and not have my ears blocked. It's an inch or two taller than my old chair, but hopefully it doesn't mess with the view from the rear seating too much - it's rarely used anyways though.

I also ordered a 3rd chair of the previous set to finish replacing the old club chairs that the vinyl was starting to crack and fall apart on.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My Samsung S6 Lite tablet died... not dead, just remains in a permanent reboot cycle, so I ordered a 2024 S9. Too bad the S10 will come out in August. I use that thing almost every day and it is on sale plus 10% back, so I ordered it.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My Samsung S6 Lite tablet died... not dead, just remains in a permanent reboot cycle, so I ordered a 2024 S9. Too bad the S10 will come out in August. I use that thing almost every day and it is on sale plus 10% back, so I ordered it.
I've got two Lenovo TB-X606F 10" android tablets, one from 2019 and the other with a 2021 build date. The older one is in my music room and gets used for hours nearly every day. They've been bullet-proof and probably cost less than half of what the Samsung's were going for at the time, with none of the bloatware. Very happy with them.

Most of their models don't have as much storage as the Samsung though, mine are only 128GB and 256GB. I only use them for playing Solitaire and running my Bluesound software. What do you use yours for?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've got two Lenovo TB-X606F 10" android tablets, one from 2019 and the other with a 2021 build date. The older one is in my music room and gets used for hours nearly every day. They've been bullet-proof and probably cost less than half of what the Samsung's were going for at the time, with none of the bloatware. Very happy with them.

Most of their models don't have as much storage as the Samsung though, mine are only 128GB and 256GB. I only use them for playing Solitaire and running my Bluesound software. What do you use yours for?
The Samsungs are on sale, so they're like 40% off the original price, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I use it for music in the second system too, since it is old and has no network component. General quick browsing, etc... nothing serious.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Finally
IMG_4592.jpeg
received the Black Sabbath Technical Ecstasy CD box set I ordered. My 1st concert was the tour for this album with my friend Jamie who helped turn me onto Sabbath and rock in general. He moved away in high school and I never saw him again. Thanks Jamie. Hope you’re still rocking out wherever you are.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis