What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Those are just gorgeous, stunning finish. I checked his website and looked up the specs. I'm aware that Dennis has tuned them to be paired with subwoofers, stating "useful output to 32hz." Still, I'm surprised they don't approach being full range speakers at that price point.

OTOH, my standmount speakers reach in-room frequency to 30hz, but they cost twice what yours did. I'm impressed with his stated distortion levels for bass output, few builders pay attention to it in the lower frequencies.

C

Chokurei

Enthusiast
Those are just gorgeous, stunning finish. I checked his website and looked up the specs. I'm aware that Dennis has tuned them to be paired with subwoofers, stating "useful output to 32hz." Still, I'm surprised they don't approach being full range speakers at that price point.

OTOH, my standmount speakers reach in-room frequency to 30hz, but they cost twice what yours did. I'm impressed with his stated distortion levels for bass output, few builders pay attention to it in the lower frequencies.
As of yet I have not felt the need to add a sub. I'm using them for music 90% of the time. I have contemplated running one of my SVS SB16s with them just to see how it sounds, but the Purifi drivers are amazing.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
New additions to the modest collection of records I own. One is the $180 package that Tool issued sometime AFTER the 2019 release of their first album in 13 years, Fear Inoculum.

This has the Fear Inoculum album on 5 separate 180 gram records that are single-sided for music, and a picture disc on the opposite side of each. Quite a price drop, I couldn't pass it up.

I also picked up a quality Speaker's Corner Records re-issue of Thelonius Monk's "It's Monk's Time" and from the Acoustic Sounds Series of the Verve Records label, it's the Oscar Peterson Trio "We Get Requests".

Tool_Inoculum_price_stickers.jpg

Tool_Inoculum_cover.jpg

Thelonius Monk_Oscar Peterson_buy 7-14-2024.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Well at least you don't have to worry it will strip the paint. Does that battery match anything else you have or another to add to the stack?
I ordered this lawn mower which uses the same batteries as my pressure sprayer. It arrived today and still have to put it together

IMG_2439.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I ordered this lawn mower which uses the same batteries as my pressure sprayer. It arrived today and still have to put it together

View attachment 68469
Back on Mother's Day our youngest brought his mom one of these Ryobi 20" lawnmowers. We have less than 600 square ft of lawn and one little 3ft wide x 50ft long strip of grass along the side of our home. We had been using a 100% manual reel mower from the 1960's that was passed down from my maternal grandparents. My wife had always insisted upon doing the mowing, because she said it was "30 minutes of good exercise." I tried to get her to use a little lightweight gas-powered mower, she wanted nothing to do with fueling and starting it.

Now she's got this electric one that weighs 1/3rd of the old reel mower, no cord, and is clean-running. She can mow the lawn 1-1/2 times on one battery charge. Very happy with it.

Our son paid $299 for it, and in Massachusetts there was a $75 rebate from the Mass Save program (joint venture of the state and the 3 major power companies in Mass.) He had already gotten the rebate from bigger-better mower he bought, so I submitted his receipt and get him the cash when the check arrived.

Ryobi_lawnmower.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I got a new 4K monitor for my computer, replacing the 1920x1440 monitor.

Now I need to figure out how to make photo thumbnails larger.

In Windows 11 Windows Explorer, the thumbs are the same size regardless of whether I set them for Large Icons or Extra Large Icons. In Extra Large they are just spaced apart more.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't buy it, but my son did and if I can find him a working "regular" CD changer, I can have this Sony SCD-CE595 that he picked up for a lousy $8...and it works PERFECT. He opened it up and says it's perfectly clean inside.

1000007600.jpg

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I got a new 4K monitor for my computer, replacing the 1920x1440 monitor.

Now I need to figure out how to make photo thumbnails larger.

In Windows 11 Windows Explorer, the thumbs are the same size regardless of whether I set them for Large Icons or Extra Large Icons. In Extra Large they are just spaced apart more.
It appears that the small thumbnail problem is a windows bug back to Win10 and MS hasn't fixed it.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Bought my daughter a Sony soundbar to hookup to the bedroom wall-mounted TV I got her for her place. Wall mounted the soundbar underneath the TV. She started listening to music on it too. She likes it so much she asked me to get another one if I could for her TV in the living room. Just picked it up. Nothing fancy but both 63% off on open-box deals at Best Buy. Got both and the wall-mounting hardware for about $100. A step
IMG_4716.jpeg
up from the JBL portable Bluetooth speaker she’s used to using. I may make an audiophile out of her yet. A Dad can only hope.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Finally Got the Eversolo DMP-A8 I ordered and after only 2 of my demo songs I can tell it’s an upgrade over the A6 I was auditioning. It’s like a veil was lifted off of a soundscape that was already better than my Bluesound Node 130. The clarity and depth of instruments including cymbal crashes, that my old man ears are sensitive to, are the best streaming I’ve heard. I Like that I was able to connect my CD player to the A8 using XLR cables and then XLRs to my Rotel setup. I will connect a CD drive to the USB input to rip CDs to the unit that aren’t available on Qobuz So I can play all my music through the unit Without having to pull out and play the discs every time. I got a good open-box deal through Amazon
IMG_4728.jpeg
so I feel the extra price is worth it. Once I hear better sound I can’t put the genie back in the bottle. It has so many settings I’ll be checking out the features for a while. Looking forward to even more listening later tonight.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't buy it, but my son did and if I can find him a working "regular" CD changer, I can have this Sony SCD-CE595 that he picked up for a lousy $8...and it works PERFECT. He opened it up and says it's perfectly clean inside.

View attachment 68541
I owned that player at one point, it is actually a good player and $8 is a crazy steal.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Finally Got the Eversolo DMP-A8 I ordered and after only 2 of my demo songs I can tell it’s an upgrade over the A6 I was auditioning. It’s like a veil was lifted off of a soundscape that was already better than my Bluesound Node 130. The clarity and depth of instruments including cymbal crashes, that my old man ears are sensitive to, are the best streaming I’ve heard. I Like that I was able to connect my CD player to the A8 using XLR cables and then XLRs to my Rotel setup. I will connect a CD drive to the USB input to rip CDs to the unit that aren’t available on Qobuz So I can play all my music through the unit Without having to pull out and play the discs every time. I got a good open-box deal through Amazon View attachment 68568so I feel the extra price is worth it. Once I hear better sound I can’t put the genie back in the bottle. It has so many settings I’ll be checking out the features for a while. Looking forward to even more listening later tonight.
Ok. I own an A6 and I have been down the rabbit hole of all kinds of Roon streamers. I need to know what speakers and other gear you have to dicern this difference. Trust me I love getting new gear and I do everything to make my system have optimal sound. How were the A6 and A8 connected to determine a difference in sound?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Ok. I own an A6 and I have been down the rabbit hole of all kinds of Roon streamers. I need to know what speakers and other gear you have to dicern this difference. Trust me I love getting new gear and I do everything to make my system have optimal sound. How were the A6 and A8 connected to determine a difference in sound?
I have Rotel separates and Arendal 1723 towers and a pair of SVS SB1000 Pros. The A6 was connected through RCA and then XLR cables to the preamp. The A8 is connected with the same XLR cables. Stream with Qobuz connected wirelessly through my home Wi-fi.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Check out Amirm’s review he posted recently on ASR. He has all the measurements. He gave it An overall rating of 120 with the highest rated at 121. Quote: “It is with my absolute pleasure to recommend the Eversolo DMP-A8 streamer and DAC. It is expensive but just doesn't get better than this folks.”

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
interesting comments as I have yet to pull the pin on a streamer and the A6(as I've noted before) is on my short list.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
interesting comments as I have yet to pull the pin on a streamer and the A6(as I've noted before) is on my short list.
Cmon already Mike its 2024! :) :) :) :)
I'm so glad I got the WIIM Pro Plus last year. It's like having an ultra HI Fi FM tuner that lets you pick the artist and songs never having to change the LP or CD. Have you been able to listen to a streamer in person yet?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Cmon already Mike its 2024! :) :) :) :)
I'm so glad I got the WIIM Pro Plus last year. It's like having an ultra HI Fi FM tuner that lets you pick the artist and songs never having to change the LP or CD. Have you been able to listen to a streamer in person yet?
I actually did throw the WIIM Pro into my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger. The second system is a small old integrated with a CD player, but I use the tablet with it to stream audio and it works fine. The WIIM is smaller than it and has more power and supports Amazon Music directly though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis