What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I had ordered four new 36" long black threaded rods to replace the four 28" long originals that I used (along with 2 more I bought then) to make my bigger/longer audio rack. I hated having 4 maple shelves kicking around, so I got the longer rods and all new nuts, neoprene washers, steel washers and the 4 blind-threaded top nuts.

The reassembled stand now serves duty as my dry bar, holding my small collection of single malt scotch, small batch Bourbon, some rye, and some blended scotch. I left the top shelf open so I can bring in an ice bucket from the small refrigerator that I'll install just outside the room to store ice, bottled water and beer. (I don't want a fridge running in my listening room.)

Note that the KEF glasses were given to me by KEF people at KEF sponsored dealer events that I attended.

View attachment 64598View attachment 64599View attachment 64600
very nice Ken, a devoted whisky drinker here as well. Just recently discovered an incredible new 'blend', 21 year old, 'Isle of Skye'.

feast your eyes on this.....

50 yr Tomatin .JPG

a 50 year old cask of Tomatin Scotch whisky, back in 2017 when I visited Scotland and toured the distillery it was valued at 3 million pounds. I wonder how much of the 'Angles Take' took place over those 50 years !

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
very nice Ken, a devoted whisky drinker here as well. Just recently discovered an incredible new 'blend', 21 year old, 'Isle of Skye'.

a 50 year old cask of Tomatin Scotch whisky, back in 2017 when I visited Scotland and toured the distillery it was valued at 3 million pounds. I wonder how much of the 'Angles Take' took place over those 50 years !
Funny thing is, when my motorcycling & audio enthusiast friend came over this afternoon to pick up his Micro Seiki DD-40 turntable that I had restored to working condition, he brought me a gift with origins also on the Isle of Skye.
Storm_Talisker.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
The Isle of Skye was one of the most beautiful parts of our trip. Sipped on a wee dram or two of the Talisker myself !

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Picked up a little Emerson (brand) refrigerator for the music room. We've had a similar Emerson in the machine shop where I work for about 3-1/2 years and it works great having the separate freezer.

Notable is that I bought at our local appliance/TV/toys/bicycle store for less than I could on Amazon, and of course took it home, unwrapped it and plugged it in before Amazon would have acknowledged the order.

While the energy efficiency tag on it read "$32 a year" in electricity costs, I'm sure it'll be at least a little more than that. If it's too much, I'll continue to keep water, ice and beer in the kitchen fridge and only fire up this one a few hours before expected guests arrive. This room is up a flight of stairs and right above the kitchen, so kind of a long walk that I'm hoping to cut down.

BTW, the little hand-painted walnut drawer cabinet that I had to move is where I keep my spare cartridges, some extra record cleaning supplies, and digital scale.
Emerson_fridge_installed.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added a few Funko Pop! figurines to my movie / music motif:

I read somewhere that Walt Disney said "I'll never let Alfred Hitchcock use my studios because he made that filthy movie Psycho" :)

So far have been unsuccessful in finding a "Chet Baker" figure to go along with the Miles Davis.

IMG_5085.JPG
IMG_5086.JPG
IMG_5087.JPG

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Picked up a little Emerson (brand) refrigerator for the music room. We've had a similar Emerson in the machine shop where I work for about 3-1/2 years and it works great having the separate freezer.

Notable is that I bought at our local appliance/TV/toys/bicycle store for less than I could on Amazon, and of course took it home, unwrapped it and plugged it in before Amazon would have acknowledged the order.

While the energy efficiency tag on it read "$32 a year" in electricity costs, I'm sure it'll be at least a little more than that. If it's too much, I'll continue to keep water, ice and beer in the kitchen fridge and only fire up this one a few hours before expected guests arrive. This room is up a flight of stairs and right above the kitchen, so kind of a long walk that I'm hoping to cut down.

BTW, the little hand-painted walnut drawer cabinet that I had to move is where I keep my spare cartridges, some extra record cleaning supplies, and digital scale.
View attachment 64632
Very nice. We are adding a new bank of cabinets in the dining room to replace a crap sideboard and have a beverage fridge going in. I am so excited as I get bumped from the regular fridge for all the dogs food.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Very nice. We are adding a new bank of cabinets in the dining room to replace a crap sideboard and have a beverage fridge going in. I am so excited as I get bumped from the regular fridge for all the dogs food.
I considered the nice glass door beverage refrigerators, but the cost and the fact that there isn't any means of storing ice (for those friends of mine who like their scotch on the rocks) steered me to what I got.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Ordered my new boat. A Bennington 21LSB with a Rockford Fosgate PMX2 stereo and 6 Kicker Blue Ice speakers. Has a built in mosfet amp rated at 50 WPC at 4 ohms. Will be ready for spring. Here is the mock-up from the website.

Attachments

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Ordered my new boat. A Bennington 21LSB with a Rockford Fosgate PMX2 stereo and 6 Kicker Blue Ice speakers. Has a built in mosfet amp rated at 50 WPC at 4 ohms. Will be ready for spring. Here is the mock-up from the website.
I've only been on a boat similar to that once. Back in 2000 my friends and I took a trip to Lake Powell and rented one. We had a great time. We camped wherever we could find a spot.

Sadly our camp sites are probably now 100 feet above water level.

F

FarmerBob

Audiophyte
Just picked up a Yamaha RX-V2500 AVR at a yard sale for $25. Had the remote, manual and box. Working on setting up my music system for the lake next summer. More to come. View attachment 64498
A couple of years ago I went with a friend to look at used lighting for a nightclub. Sitting there was a newish ToL, when they were still good, Pioneer AVR, although I abhor Pioneer these days. I tried to focus on the job at hand and blew it off thinking he'd want way too much. In the end, $25 out the door. Glad I finally asked.

I use it as my "need quick sound for a neighborhood party" unit, I've got two. Although we usually have Live Bands.

Now I'm purely back to Yamaha! Should have never left.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I don’t appreciate being pressured like this.

But thanks. I’m actually ashamed to have not wired up my speakers. Like after all the hassle …
Well, cables made and run but the new little amp is behind schedule and won't be here until Wednesday.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

View attachment 64618

I had the Tomatin 12 year old and I really liked it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just added to my fleet of one, another kayak, a Riot Edge. I got it used in good shape with a paddle, and life jacket for $1150.

Img-105.JPG

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis