What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I hadn't bought one yet, but looking at a newer ipad or a Surface Pro.
I forgot how nice it was having my iPad fully functional. I went from an iPad 2 that only served as an email notification device to the current 10.9” iPad. It’s a luxury in many regards, but so useful!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
When I travel, looking to replace my ipad with something lighter and easier to use it for what i need it for. I always bring my laptop to the hotel, but when I go to events, would be nice to have a just a small lightweight device I can write notes and information on.

The philoposhy of the reMarkable is that it only does note taking, and does it very well. I have the Ipad Pro 12.9 latest version with keyboard and pen. I don't like writing on the screen, but it is almost a laptop replacment. They makret the Remarkable is pure focus time on taking notes and sharing. Could also be that it is 4 year old tech :)

I opened the Kindle Scribe. It works very well, but you can tell it's a very basic note taker, or at least so far for me. It is an excellent ebook reader. Backlight is a nice feature if I want to use it on a plane. and their is no montly fee to take advantage of cloud storage features like the reMarkable.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
A Realistic soundbox I picked up at a church fair. Took a lot of cleaning up but it works and is bumping to Rush’s All the World’s a Stage. With my lava lamp I’ve moved from a second base machine to a home run! Happy Thanksgiving!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered the Animals 2018 mix SACD. AMZ just dropped it to the lowest price I've seen at $60. Usually up around $80, give or take.

So much Floyd I love, but this is easily one of my favorites. Especially the second cut, Dogs.

If the mix on this is as competent as WYWH, I will be very happy.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Just ordered the Animals 2018 mix SACD. AMZ just dropped it to the lowest price I've seen at $60. Usually up around $80, give or take.

So much Floyd I love, but this is easily one of my favorites. Especially the second cut, Dogs.

If the mix on this is as competent as WYWH, I will be very happy.
Definitely an Animals fan. Got it as soon as it released. Played it to death. Still have the original vinyl. My kids dig it too. Not to mention the flying pigs at live shows.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Have the CD and stream with Qobuz. The Animals reissue made the most difference of all their 70s albums IMO. The original mix sounded a little muffled to me, especially Roger Waters’ bass. The bass is now excellent. Rumbles and rattles the walls during the break in Pigs (3 different ones).

H

HTEnthusiast

Audioholic Intern
Picked up a second Panasonic UB820 UHD player for backup. They are on sale almost everywhere for $349.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Some beefy drivers, even the tweeter is meaty. Quality.
Yes high quality equipment. 8 inch woofers and midrange and a soft dome tweeter with a big wave guide. Fit and finish in black satin are excellent. It’s the most solid tower in its price range that I tried. Each weigh 111 lbs and the grills can deflect anything but a bullet which is great with kids around. The binding posts are top notch and the feet make it very sturdy. Sound terrific which is most important.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm excited. My office is about to get a nice upgrade. Amazon had it on sale for $331. Now I have to decide whether or not to keep the 550p for my desktop system, or try to keep it to one sub in that room.

2023-11-26 12_58_44-Your Orders.png

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
KEF LS50 Meta in black with stands. Had to do it with the sale on now. WiiM amp to power the setup.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Just added this unit to my collection of decks

View attachment 64494View attachment 64495
Do you actually still use cassette decks or do you just like to have them? I'm not up on which were considered top of the line.

Are they all plugged in? In which case you probably need three of these!

2023 04 18 20 25 16.jpg

I have not thrown away any of my older equipment but I tend to store them where they don't take up needed space. My main cassette decks were two Nakamichi BX-300's used for Grateful Dead tape trading. I think I used them up through around 1999ish when the Grateful Dead started to issue CD's from their vault. If I recall correctly the Nak 300's were three head decks. Separate play, record and erase I think? Pretty good.

Tapes were fun. But I can't see still using them any more.

I already copied my best bootlegs onto CDs and then into the computer from there.

Photo off the internet. My BX-300s are too hard to photograph being under other gear. I think I finally took them out of the rack around 2010. They sat for several years set up but unused.
s-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis