What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Matt34

Matt34

Curious what has stayed, what left? :)
HSU ULS-15 in the living room (first impressions are really positive)
Arendal Sound 1723 1s in the basement
SVS sb1000 in PC setup
PSA EV1813-M in the garage
*everything subject to and will probably change.

Matt34

Matt34

HSU ULS-15 in the living room (first impressions are really positive)
Arendal Sound 1723 1s in the basement
SVS sb1000 in PC setup
PSA EV1813-M in the garage
*everything subject to and will probably change.
Forgot about this one too, going to try my first REL since it was 50% off. (Some shop on Audiogon bought the remaining 1st gen HT 1205’s.

Attachments

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
MOSWAG 6.35mm 1/4 inch to 3.5mm 1/8 inch Headphone Jack Adapter 3.28FT/1Meter,1/8 Female to 1/4 Male Extension Cable,3.5 to 6.35 Audio Cable for Mixer Guitar Piano Amplifier Speaker and More
So I can listen to my Grado 60s on my
couch. My Senn 599s already have a 10 foot cable.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Forgot about this one too, going to try my first REL since it was 50% off. (Some shop on Audiogon bought the remaining 1st gen HT 1205’s.
Curious to read your impressions of this one. To listen to the drone of 'REL subs are the best because it's all we make' is irritating to me because there are LOT of really good subwoofers out there from companies that also make other products.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1702758784801.png
Abbey and Mitch some years after the firm. I really liked that book and look f forward to reading this.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Time for an upgrade in the cutting dept, out with the cheaper, poorly-balanced J.A. Henckels and in with Zwilling Pro series.

I bought the cheaper 7pc set because my cousin had gifted me a Wüsthoff 7" Santuko knife that is super close to the Zwilling Pro in material choice and styling, but I can't get the discounts with Wüsthoff that I can buying Zwilling/J.A.Henckels though Macy's.

They drop shipped direct from Zwilling and they screwed up. I got two sets, billed for one. Now my son has a set. I already ordered the two pieces and 6 matching steak knives to make it a 16pc set. :D

1000005133.jpg

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Time for an upgrade in the cutting dept, out with the cheaper, poorly-balanced J.A. Henckels and in with Zwilling Pro series.

I bought the cheaper 7pc set because my cousin had gifted me a Wüsthoff 7" Santuko knife that is super close to the Zwilling Pro in material choice and styling, but I can't get the discounts with Wüsthoff that I can buying Zwilling/J.A.Henckels though Macy's.

They drop shipped direct from Zwilling and they screwed up. I got two sets, billed for one. Now my son has a set. I already ordered the two pieces and 6 matching steak knives to make it a 16pc set. :D

View attachment 64742View attachment 64742
That looks almost exactly like the Henckel set we got for our wedding (2003).

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Last night was a horrible night sleep. I didn't sleep much but my mind did wander a bit to my childhood when I watched all the movies on the local UHF channels.

They were always showing the Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis movie Some Like it Hot. I really didn't like that movie a whole lot. But I remembered Assault on a Queen and got that today on Amazon.

Frank Sinatra and gang find an old German U-Boat and try to pirate the Queen Mary.

818+G6UXAWL._SY500_.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That looks almost exactly like the Henckel set we got for our wedding (2003).
They're both under the Zwilling name, selling the two different brands. In general, the Zwilling line is a bit up-level from J.A. Henckels, and it is that which we are upgrading from.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
WiiM Amp has arrived. Roon Firmware unfortunately is not out yet. So Chromecast for now. Amazing all the nice cables they include as well. It drives the KEF's effortlessly. A real steal at $299
1000018555.jpg

1000018556.jpg

1000018557.jpg

1000018558.jpg

1000018559.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
That is a very nicely featured amp for the price! Let alone the streaming capability.....

ps I saw an ebay ad for $450!
Yeah. I think I got mine a couple of days before they sold out. Now I think mid Jan at least. So far it is a bunch of fun and works as advertised.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah. I think I got mine a couple of days before they sold out. Now I think mid Jan at least. So far it is a bunch of fun and works as advertised.
Just noticing some comments about noises emanating from the transformer on asr.....any issue like that for you?

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Looks great and a great deal. Positive reviews on You Tube. Let us know how it sounds when you put it to the test with your system. Not surprised selling for more on eBay. I see some people bidding more for used stuff sometimes than a new one is selling for on Amazon. Crazy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
✌Last week ran into a guy who goes to a couple of thrift stores for vinyl records and he told me that a thrift store I used go to had a lot of great records once again, so I went by yesterday and found some great (6) records, 2 CDs, (2) 3D blurays, Resident Evil Bluray Steel book, Coppola restoration Godfather 1-3 Blu-ray and one 4K Blu-ray. All for under $5!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
IMG_20231228_123059.jpg

I usually get myself a xmas present, but this year I didn't see anything I needed, but very happy to find these as Xmas gift to self.
IMG_20231228_122906.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis