What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bought my first new Apple Watch since the Series 3 in Stainless Steel (upgraded to a Series 4 by Apple after a second failure and replacement). Went Ultra...

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice.:) How do you like them? I have a pair of white Momentum 3's. They look completely different than yours. :)
I’ve only listened to them for a few minutes but they sound nice enough. The momentum 3s are nicer looking with the steel sliders but I also like the simple look of the new 4s :)

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
Bit of a story, I only go to town when I have to, it's about an hours drive away. Some times I wonder into one of the OP shops [ charity shops, etc ] not for anything special, just for a poke round, Anyway this shop has a small collection of audio bit's and pieces, CD's small speakers, etc. Anyway on a shelf I spot a Bob Carver pre-amp, So I enquire to one of the little old ladies that volunteer in the place, to be told were not sure what it is, but we where hoping for 20 dollars. So I plug the thing in and everything lights up.

I think s**t I'm on a winner here. So I say to the lady, Make me a cup of coffee and give me one of those cream buns and I'll give you 50 dollars for that electric thing. So I join all the ladies for morning tea, And they think I'm wonderful. Which of cause I am.

So I get the pre-amp home hook it up to a pair of mono-bloc's and a couple of speakers, This things got a wonderful tone, with full control of Mid, bass, and balance controls.. Not really sure what I use it for ,but it's a keeper.carver PSC-50.png

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Bought my first new Apple Watch since the Series 3 in Stainless Steel (upgraded to a Series 4 by Apple after a second failure and replacement). Went Ultra...
Which band did you get? I've thought about upgrading my series 5 to an ultra but since it still works just fine I can't bring myself to do it.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
I just got an Eversolo Z8s along with a subscription to Audirvana studio. I was reading some stuff about how the computer automatically upsamples and downsamples and Audirvana prevents that from happening. Figured I try it out. A little pricy but I plan to do some AB testing with Audirvana/ Qobuz and Spotify when my new speakers arrive. If I can really tell a night-a-day difference I'll leave it in my main system, otherwise, it's going to stay on my desktop. The VU meters are fun :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Which band did you get? I've thought about upgrading my series 5 to an ultra but since it still works just fine I can't bring myself to do it.
Midnight Ocean. My main thing is swimming, so the ocean band made more sense... I forget which, but one of the others is supposed to be good in the water too.
My biggest problem was the battery, after 4 yrs, was toast... I'd go for a swim with the activity app running, get out and be down at 68% from 100% in 90 minutes... Have to recharge after I get home just to make it through the day.

I will say, the Ultra is a chunker. It is noticeably bigger on my wrist compared to the standard chassis with curved edges. It's not a complete deal breaker for me, but had I been able to compare prior to purchasing, I would have appreciated better the difference...
That said, the screen IS nice and I like the fact i'm not trying to touch a single pixel in the upper left corner to go back a screen...
So, tradeoffs.
IMG_0330.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How much reserve in the battery? Looks pretty stout.
It's a 60V 38Ah battery (a fairly new one recently available with the bike, older ones have been rated 32 and 34). All kinds of aftermarket controllers and batteries available, even motors, too....can go 72V and 60Ah with a new controller if you want crazy performance (that costs what I paid for the basic bike, tho).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Good bye to Yamaha orange. I replaced my RX-V1900 which had a lose HDMI connection that I had to wiggle to get the display back on the TV everytime I pulled the cabinet away from the wall to vacuum clean. This what I replaced it with.

The RX-V1900 is to the left
IMG_8371.jpg
IMG_8380.jpg
IMG_8381.jpg

I had to pull out the tape deck and bluray player so that I could raise the shelf high enough to provide adequate cooling. I also cleaned up the wiring but it still needs work.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Good bye to Yamaha orange. I replaced my RX-V1900 which had a lose HDMI connection that I had to wiggle to get the display back on the TV everytime I pulled the cabinet away from the wall to vacuum clean. This what I replaced it with.

The RX-V1900 is to the left

<snip pictures>

I had to pull out the tape deck and bluray player so that I could raise the shelf high enough to provide adequate cooling. I also cleaned up the wiring but it still needs work.
Mo bigga and mo current protocols is always a good thing. Congrats!!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Replaced the last inkjet printer I ever want to own with a Brother MFC-L3750CDW color laser printer. Far more printer than I'll ever need for printing out shipping labels and an occasional correspondence, but I do like having good scanning and duplex printing for when I really do need it.

For $469.98, how could I go wrong? :D

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Replaced the last inkjet printer I ever want to own with a Brother MFC-L3750CDW color laser printer. Far more printer than I'll ever need for printing out shipping labels and an occasional correspondence, but I do like having good scanning and duplex printing for when I really do need it.

For $469.98, how could I go wrong? :D
Ink jets need to be used on a regular basis to keep the heads from clogging. My Epson Workforce has been flawless for years. Got my son an Epson for uni but he does not print much. Well, didn't take long for the heads to get gummed up. Same with my mother's printer. Got them both a Brother B&W laser. Problem solved. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ink jets need to be used on a regular basis to keep the heads from clogging. My Epson Workforce has been flawless for years. Got my son an Epson for uni but he does not print much. Well, didn't take long for the heads to get gummed up. Same with my mother's printer. Got them both a Brother B&W laser. Problem solved. ;)
We've used various inkjets for a long time... with the latest being an epson. I've never had as many problems with a printer as we've had with this epson. It is a very frustrating printer which requires frequent and sometimes multiple repeated head-cleaning sessions, even when we are using it frequently. *shrugs

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis