What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You don't know anything about my dealer. They are the furthest thing from what you think. If you re-read my post, all I said was that the cable stock itself was made in USA, but the cables are terminated and shipped from China. Cardas is NOT what you say either. They simply strive to assure customers that their cable is of premium oxygen free copper, and they pay two other extrusion vendors good money to wrap that pure copper wire of theirs in proper insulating jackets for each job. Just about anyone replacing the 33ga twisted tonearm wires knows Cardas.

Some of us (me) like wire that is at least minimally assured to be of good quality and looks attractive with expensive components and speakers. If you don't care about those things and simple wire is a good enough connection for you, fine...use it. I have plenty of Monoprice 12ga and 14ga wire around here, plenty of $3.60 interconnects with plastic coated RCA plugs. I'm well aware of what works, and also willing to spend 10x that ($36!) to get something nicer.

When you get to using XLR cables, the differences in the connectors can be vast. These showed good ones, and they are. I have 1m and a cheaper pair of 1.5m XLR cables. The shorter ones cost $12 off Amazon and have nice connectors, the longer ones from a different Amazon seller are total crap and are going back. Can I just be happy about getting reasonably good quality, nice-looking, inexpensive cables without negative commentary?
Nonsense, either the cable is adequate or it isn't. If aesthetics are meaningful to you, that's different from the charlatan claims of audible differences in any case (mostly what I object to....aesthetics I have little need for).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Very cool! Which model Fender is that Squire modeled after?
It's part of the Squire Paranormal line, called Offset Telecaster. It's a Jazzmaster body with Telecaster neck, pickups, hardware and a new pickguard.

I have seen, played and set up many Squire guitars- the one common thing was that some of the hardware was crap and this one is no different- the tuners were terrible, so I changed them yesterday. That completely changed it.

highfigh

highfigh

IMO, people need to learn to terminate their own cables. Cable and ends can be bought in bulk, by the foot, or in custom lengths- people could buy it in bulk as a group and save a whole lot of money and then pick the ends they prefer, but the DIY gene seems to have omitted soldering as a skill.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
IMO, people need to learn to terminate their own cables. Cable and ends can be bought in bulk, by the foot, or in custom lengths- people could buy it in bulk as a group and save a whole lot of money and then pick the ends they prefer, but the DIY gene seems to have omitted soldering as a skill.
I do that with speaker cables, no soldering required with BJC's locking banana plugs or the nice spade terminals I bought off Amazon. I have a couple of soldering stations for electronics, they're not ideal for bigger connectors like XLR.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

I do that with speaker cables, no soldering required with BJC's locking banana plugs or the nice spade terminals I bought off Amazon. I have a couple of following stations for electronics, they're not ideal for bigger connectors like XLR.
I have a set of 'helping hands' with a magnifier and it works great for larger plugs & jacks. They're cheap and screwing it onto a piece of wood makes it hard to tip.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have a set of 'helping hands' with a magnifier and it works great for larger plugs & jacks. They're cheap and screwing it onto a piece of wood makes it hard to tip.
Fixed my typo, damn autocorrupt on phones!

I also have one of those helper things with 5 separate alligator clips on flexible stalks and a magnifier on one as well.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
highfigh

highfigh

She actually looks very attractive in that pic compared to the PBS special I saw on her.
She used to play on Austin City Limits a lot, back in the late-'80s and early-'90s.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Scored a pair of Dayton B652’s. 6.99ea at goodwill. Always been curious about them since people seem impressed by them. Hooked them up in my bedroom system as
mains. Haven’t tested yet.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Scored a pair of Dayton B652’s. 6.99ea at goodwill. Always been curious about them since people seem impressed by them. Hooked them up in my bedroom system as
mains. Haven’t tested yet.
A great find. Have fun with them and find them a good home.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Jim. I think I’ll keep them in the BR system. I have two other surround systems, and a 2.1 up in my studio. I think they might be better than the Yamaha BS speakers that were in there. We’ll see. For the price I had to see! Iirc, there’s a XO mod. Might be Dennis murphys?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks Jim. I think I’ll keep them in the BR system. I have two other surround systems, and a 2.1 up in my studio. I think they might be better than the Yamaha BS speakers that were in there. We’ll see. For the price I had to see! Iirc, there’s a XO mod. Might be Dennis murphys?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
After dropping over two grand on my transmission, I decided to ease the pain a bit.
Thought of you when I saw this yesterday at a thrift store. It was $69. Nope didn't get it, but decent deal though.
IMG_20230215_121907.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis