What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
DT Swiss 370 which has the three pawl and not the star ratchet. They sell an upgrade for about 90 bucks.
On a road bike can't imagine that making a big difference, technical mountain biking maybe. I've used a variety of hubs with various points of engagement....think my wheels on my road bike are 370 hubs, too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While I like road bike frames/forks now accommodate fatter tires and maybe some more design aspects for gravel....still more similar than not. I don't really want to ride gravel roads, but I do have 5000 miles of them in our surrounding national forest. I'm more interested in the singletrack myself, and it's too technical for most on a gravel bike, but it can be done....somewhat painfully :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The new toy is home. Pedals, shoes and bottle cages will be here by Friday. Need to go back and get the steerer tube cut. And I will probably upgrade the rear hub internals. But really, I like it. Cervelo Aspero GRX with carbon wheels.
View attachment 54791
Why would you bother to "upgrade rear hub internals"???
I'm with @lovinthehd on this one, that is likely not gonna be worth it for a road/gravel bike. Honestly, I think the vast majority of casual mountain bikers won't really notice the difference either--Just in technical climbs it might be worth it.

Nice bike!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of drop bars. Only have those on my road bike, and I think for a gravel bike I would prefer flat bars. I have an older 29" XC bike that I'm likely gonna convert to a burly gravel bike.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Why would you bother to "upgrade rear hub internals"???
I'm with @lovinthehd on this one, that is likely not gonna be worth it for a road/gravel bike. Honestly, I think the vast majority of casual mountain bikers won't really notice the difference either--Just in technical climbs it might be worth it.

Nice bike!

Personally, I'm not a big fan of drop bars. Only have those on my road bike, and I think for a gravel bike I would prefer flat bars. I have an older 29" XC bike that I'm likely gonna convert to a burly gravel bike.
I actually prefer drop bars.

I just like the engagement of the star ratchet design. I know I don't need to do it. I like to tinker.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
20220323_172142.jpg

My Outlaw 7000X that I purchased from Canuck Audio Mart showed up today. Brand new in the box. It's a beautiful beast @ 70lbs. Got it all hooked up and connected. Only powering the 2 side surrounds that my RX-A2040 was previously powering. But man is this thing nice.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
How is the fit of the plugs. Consistent and not too tight?
I’ll be honest haven’t had the time today to hook them up but the rcas reminded me of canare F-10 rcas very well made .
The cable is very nice not stiff at all and really kind of small diameter. Seems very well made with quality parts . I’ve herd and read good things about this brand .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I actually prefer drop bars.

I just like the engagement of the star ratchet design. I know I don't need to do it. I like to tinker.
Yeah I get it somewhat, more a Chris King fan myself. I've built most of my wheels to accommodate :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I didn't need another amp. So I went ahead and bought one. Original AudioControl Panteges. I don't really think they have changed much for the newer versions. I have one I use for my atmos channels. This is a second. Was a good deal and couldn't turn down 5X200 for less than $300.

It's in the mail so waiting to test it out.

1648696296732.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis