What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
How is the fit of the plugs. Consistent and not too tight?
I’ll be honest haven’t had the time today to hook them up but the rcas reminded me of canare F-10 rcas very well made .
The cable is very nice not stiff at all and really kind of small diameter. Seems very well made with quality parts . I’ve herd and read good things about this brand .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I actually prefer drop bars.

I just like the engagement of the star ratchet design. I know I don't need to do it. I like to tinker.
Yeah I get it somewhat, more a Chris King fan myself. I've built most of my wheels to accommodate :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Ok, I didn't need another amp. So I went ahead and bought one. Original AudioControl Panteges. I don't really think they have changed much for the newer versions. I have one I use for my atmos channels. This is a second. Was a good deal and couldn't turn down 5X200 for less than $300.

It's in the mail so waiting to test it out.

1648696296732.png

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Ok, I didn't need another amp. So I went ahead and bought one. Original AudioControl Panteges. I don't really think they have changed much for the newer versions. I have one I use for my atmos channels. This is a second. Was a good deal and couldn't turn down 5X200 for less than $300.

It's in the mail so waiting to test it out.

View attachment 54993
I think you have to be careful with it. It's designed for LIGHT DRIVE! So if you overdrive it, it will blow.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I will be buying a new rim. Hit a pothole on the freeway and had an immediate vibration. Took it to a tire shop and they didn't see anything obvious. My friend's performance shop found the very slight bend, which means replacement. Rim is about $400. 18x9.5 Gram Lights 57DR.
Bah. That sucks. Sometimes the low profile tires we like for handling do not deal well with impacts. Is that a two piece wheel?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bah. That sucks. Sometimes the low profile tires we like for handling do not deal well with impacts. Is that a two piece wheel?
One piece, flow formed, they came on the car. The only upside is that since it was on a freeway, I can file a claim with the CalTrans, the state road agency, for the damage and see if they will cover it. I am without a car for a week though, or I would have to swap my tires over to my stock set of rims for like one week, which just adds cost and complexity.

I feel the need to Will Smith someone.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I will be buying a new rim. Hit a pothole on the freeway and had an immediate vibration. Took it to a tire shop and they didn't see anything obvious. My friend's performance shop found the very slight bend, which means replacement. Rim is about $400. 18x9.5 Gram Lights 57DR.
That sucks. Hopefully Caltrans will cover it.

I was under my car yesterday and I'm not sure the diff brace is going to fit with my exhaust. The pipes are routed right where the top mounts of the brace go and there isn't much clearance.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Replacement rim scheduled to come Wed. I found a single one on eBay brand new, shipped free. Local shops didn't want to sell a single one.

This was on sale so I picked it up:

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Replacement rim scheduled to come Wed. I found a single one on eBay brand new, shipped free. Local shops didn't want to sell a single one.

This was on sale so I picked it up:
Nice score on the rim. A single anything can be a challenge sometimes.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was 21 years old in university when I cruised down to the local audio shop. What I saw made my jaw drop and the salesman helped me pick it up once he told me how expensive it was. I've been lusting after this longer than my beloved late my wife and I have been married. If she were alive today, there was no way I could have swung this financially. Even though I now have the means, it took my psychologist and my late wife's brother inlaw to put the purchase into perspective. So I finally pulled the trigger. Here it is in all its beauty. Its an Oracle Delphi Mark IV with an SME 309 tone arm. It sounds really good.

IMG_6462.jpg
IMG_6463.jpg

And I bought this album new off of Amazon to christen its home coming.

IMG_6466.jpg

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I was 21 years old in university when I cruised down to the local audio shop. What I saw made my jaw drop and the salesman helped me pick it up once he told me how expensive it was. I've been lusting after this longer than my beloved late my wife and I have been married. If she were alive today, there was no way I could have swung this financially. Even though I now have the means, it took my psychologist and my late wife's brother inlaw to put the purchase into perspective. So I finally pulled the trigger. Here it is in all its beauty. Its an Oracle Delphi Mark IV with an SME 309 tone arm. It sounds really good.

View attachment 55156View attachment 55154

And I bought this album new off of Amazon to christen its home coming.

View attachment 55157
Wow, that's a beauty and it's hard to beat SME for tone arms. As they say, you can't take it with you, so you might as well enjoy it now!

On a side note, I have a friend who sold an old pair of Klipsch La Scala speakers but didn't know their value and way under priced them. He then bought a house that has a space perfect for two La Scalas so he is looking for another pair again. Market price is three times what he sold his for and new they are $18,000. He has run his own business for years, wheeling and dealing and trading real estate as well, so he's been looking for months for a good deal on a pair. Funny thing is, he has millions and could afford to buy five pairs. I told him recently that with his savings I'd have the best damn audio system around, but when you've been frugal and a tough negotiator all of your life, it's hard to break that habit. You should see the old beater he is driving. :D He's retiring this year so I'm nudging him into living a little and not sweating the pennies so much. I think that psychology is partly why we see so many retired guys looking at boutique audio gear and corvettes. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis