What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Not without a surge coming from somewhere. That's odd that it would just suddenly happen like that.
Was just dumb luck I guess. Was just really odd that it happened when I was configuring an old remote so I thought I had just turned it off at first.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Holiday book haul! As usual, I am the middle of one or another depending on my mood.

First is for you vinyl junkies out there. I've seen it around and spotted a copy at Half Price Books and thought, "Score!" They listed it at $65 and I thought that strange so I looked it up on the big A and it was only $35, so...
View attachment 53292
I read the first two of this series by Ken Follett and loved them. They are about the building of churches in medieval Europe, the families involved and this continues the story(s). I think there was a miniseries a while back on the first one, but I never watched it...
View attachment 53293
I was a big fan of Gorky Park when the '83 movie, starring William Hurt, came out. This is the 8th book in the Arkady Renko series of novels. I'm not a big mystery fan, but am hooked on this author.
View attachment 53295
Carl Sagan was one of my heros and I've read all of his books (non and fiction). His wife Ann Druyan continues his legacy.
View attachment 53296
This one by RFK Jr is interesting, informative and brutal. I have the Kindle edition (which is fun because all of the thousands of citations and references are live) but I still enjoy the feel of a good book in my hands...
View attachment 53297
I read Gorky Park probably early or mid-1990s, pretty good book. I was likely in Jr High.

I never realized there was a movie nor that it was part of a series.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Received a new Peak Design everyday loop case today (ordered November 2021). I really liked my mous case of course but the integrated loop on this new case was very appealing. I could have gotten a pop socket or whatever but those aren’t compatible with MagSafe and don’t fold flat like this loop does.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1643402407597.png

I will place in on top of the left tower speaker to face the original series Enterprise on the right speaker. Good times. :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
NVidia Shield TV Pro. Pretty happy with it so far. Moving the Raspberry Pi to another system so I got a HiFi Berry DAC2 Pro to get RCA out.
PXL_20220128_232813257_copy_1134x2016_2.jpg

PXL_20220128_232754151_copy_1134x2016_2.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be interested to hear y'all's takes, streaming vs Blu-ray - picture and sound.
I saw it both on streaming and at an Imax at time of release. Just the other day got my bluray/3D bluray version (no 4k set yet and do still like my 3D now and then). The bluray basic version haven't used yet, but enjoyed the 3d version very much. Would rank the streaming experience last among the three, and if the theater's audio had been better it might have been better than it was....despite it being a small Imax theater (mall style).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I won a Yamaha KX-1200 off of Ebay yesterday. The seller reported that it just stopped recording recently. Once I get it, I will drop it off at the technicians shop which I used before and does great work. If he fixes it and replaces all the belts, it will have easily doubled its price that I have payed for it. If it cant be fixed, I have a parts deck for my working KX-1200.
I got it back today from the technician and its working flawlessly. Its recording strength judging by the meters is a couple db stronger than my current KX-1200. I tested a recording on the newly repaired unit using dbx and it pegged the meters on both of my KX-800 units but still sounded clean. Pics to follow up soon

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
If you can. And it's from one of the movies.
Well, it’s a Klingon Bird of Prey (duh) but if it has a name, that is beyond my knowledge database. I mean, I could reference my STE, but it’s, like, in another room and I don’t carry it everywhere I go. What, do you think I’m some kind of nerd or something?

*the Bird of Prey in question was actually in two of the movies: III & IV.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Well, it’s a Klingon Bird of Prey (duh) but if it has a name, that is beyond my knowledge database. I mean, I could reference my STE, but it’s, like, in another room and I don’t carry it everywhere I go. What, do you think I’m some kind of nerd or something?

*the Bird of Prey in question was actually in two of the movies: III & IV.
Nope no nerd but you did get it right first :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis