What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My latest purchase.. It works out to $7.50 a cassette which included shipping. There's 20 of them.

IMG_6192.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
My latest purchase.. It works out to $7.50 a cassette which included shipping. There's 20 of them.

View attachment 52996
I have a question. What do you record? CDs and even LPs are more convenient and recording from a source always degrades the fidelity as it adds the noise from the deck and the tape. That said those were really nice cassette tapes back in the day. So, congrats if cassettes are your thing.
PS I always had a cassette deck in my system from the late 70s until 2010 or so.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a question. What do you record? CDs and even LPs are more convenient and recording from a source always degrades the fidelity as it adds the noise from the deck and the tape. That said those were really nice cassette tapes back in the day. So, congrats if cassettes are your thing.
PS I always had a cassette deck in my system from the late 70s until 2010 or so.
Its a long story. I have three systems, one per floor but I only have one turntable in my main system in the basement. I only record vinyl which I cant find digitally or is prohibitively expensive to buy so that I can play a copy of them on my other systems. All my decks are equipped with dbx2 which I use to record and play back. It brings the S/N ratio up to 95db which is inaudible. There is no hiss. The dbx facility also captures the dynamics of vinyl. I recorded a CD and asked my friend to see if he could tell the difference as I switched back and forth from CD and tape. He could not.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I'll try it
Its a long story. I have three systems, one per floor but I only have one turntable in my main system in the basement. I only record vinyl which I cant find digitally or is prohibitively expensive to buy so that I can play a copy of them on my other systems. All my decks are equipped with dbx2 which I use to record and play back. It brings the S/N ratio up to 95db which is inaudible. There is no hiss. The dbx facility also captures the dynamics of vinyl. I recorded a CD and asked my friend to see if he could tell the difference as I switched back and forth from CD and tape. He could not.
I used to have an Akai cassette deck that was pretty nice.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's a review of the BuRay version.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a review of the BuRay version.

I'd be interested to hear y'all's takes, streaming vs Blu-ray - picture and sound.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be interested to hear y'all's takes, streaming vs Blu-ray - picture and sound.
I threw it in to check it out last night, mainly to hear the Atmos mix. It sounds impressive. Streamed, there was good separation of main channels, but the Atmos mix has much more authority in the bass department. Like 2049, the action scenes are a bit hot, but not in a bad way. The streamed version was a bit lacking after having seen it in the theater, but the audio on the disc is great, as expected. PQ is great.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for the thorough reply.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Killer double CD. Great speaker and sub tester. Well recorded, as far as my old ears can tell. I am not generally a fan of this genre, but I wanted some musically based electronic effects that are known to be just that. Otherwise not so much a fan of synth use in what is trying to pass as natural vocal talent. Over 3 hrs of a pretty good ride, if you are really into your speakers and subs. It gives you just enough separation to focus on everything singularly, yet all at once, if that makes sense.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just ordered this from Mountain Equipment COOP

1642099580471.png
Park Tool CM-3 bicycle chain cleaner
1642099627409.png
bicycle chain ceaning solution
1642099686359.png
Squirt Long Lasting Dry Lube - 120ml (must keep mind out of the gutter)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Sold my AV8802A and purchased Anthem AVM70. After reading reviews, minus the bugs, i pulled the trigger. Got a really good price for the Marantz. Looking forward to tinkering around with ARC, after some firmware upgrades I am sure :eek:

IMG20220116200655.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis