What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Upgrading to my first actual new iPhone since I bought a 6s back in 2016 (upgraded to a new-old 8 in 2019). Should have the 13 Pro Max in-hand the first week of November.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I signed up today for $4k in dental work! (failing implant, extraction and bridge replacement)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The cost of a good 4K TV set. What a bunch of crooks, those dentists!
I actually expected more like the cost of the original implant....but it is what it is....and I like the dentist and his work on me otherwise has been great (have issues due putting my face into a steering wheel stopping suddenly from 60mph many years ago).

ps Don't think a 4k set is worth 4k tho :)

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
1634799705960.jpeg

Yay!

Now I can use my hdmi splitter again rather than having my projector connected directly to the PC. Ah the joys of having the osd from the amplifier when I'm watching movies.

Can't get 10bit color any more though, need to figure that out, if it makes any difference.

And so ends my riveting tale :p

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Here's hoping with you.
Damn, Bonnie Raitt was replaced with Jackson Brown for the James Taylor show. He's a good performer but I really wanted to see Bonnie. Rescheduled for April in London.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn, Bonnie Raitt was replaced with Jackson Brown for the James Taylor show. He's a good performer but I really wanted to see Bonnie. Rescheduled for April in London.
That blows. Jackson Brown is good but its a totally different style/genre than Bonnie.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That blows. Jackson Brown is good but its a totally different style/genre than Bonnie.
I would rather JB than BR... but that's just me. ;) Of course, while I fully respect JT and some of his work, he's not really my speed either.
Still, sounds like it would be a great show if this is your speed. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Got me an LG 65" A1 OLED TV to replace my Vzio 70" E series from a few years ago due to the Vizio turning purple.

There is no contest as to which is the better TV. I can finally say I have a TV that bests my aging VT60 plasma picture.

Best part is I got it at a steal of a deal at under $600 out the door! Can't believe it was discounted so much.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
KEF Q150 were on sale again, so I bought a 3rd set last night. Getting closer to my 13.3 channel set up now. These will be side surrounds for the front row (other 2 sets are rear surrounds and side surrounds for the back row). Just need 4 Atmos speakers and a 3rd subwoofer now.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I would rather JB than BR... but that's just me. ;) Of course, while I fully respect JT and some of his work, he's not really my speed either.
Still, sounds like it would be a great show if this is your speed. :)
Tickets were a Christmas gift for my wife. Last few shows that I saw at our arena were John Fogerty, Deep Purple and ZZ Top. ;)

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I decided to finally get into the world of seperates/pre pros. I'll be an early adopter of a new 13.3 pre pro I'd been looking at for months. It's a "new" company called Tonewinner. I didn't want to spend 4k$ plus on one, so I bought the "budget" AT-300 for about 1800$ Canadian Pesos. It's been getting positive press (for the most part) over on the AVS forums. It arrived yesterday. I'm fairly impressed with the build quality and the calibration microphone is very nice. I wasn't able to fully hook it up last night, as I'm awaiting the XLR cables I bought from Amazon to arrive (will be here Thursday).

20211025_162958.jpg

20211025_163216.jpg

20211025_163710.jpg

20211025_170138.jpg

@Danzilla31 now I need some Atmos speakers, another amp (going to use the RX-A2040 for now), and another subwoofer. I already bought another set of KEF Q150 for front row side surrounds.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I decided to finally get into the world of seperates/pre pros. I'll be an early adopter of a new 13.3 pre pro I'd been looking at for months. It's a "new" company called Tonewinner. I didn't want to spend 4k$ plus on one, so I bought the "budget" AT-300 for about 1800$ Canadian Pesos. It's been getting positive press (for the most part) over on the AVS forums. It arrived yesterday. I'm fairly impressed with the build quality and the calibration microphone is very nice. I wasn't able to fully hook it up last night, as I'm awaiting the XLR cables I bought from Amazon to arrive (will be here Thursday).
Cool. Looking forward to your first hand impressions.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got to see Bonnie back in the 80s at an epic show: Amnesty International. She opened for a few other small acts - Peter Gabriel, The Police and U2. She's great live.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Cool. Looking forward to your first hand impressions.
I'll let you know when I get it set up. What I'm really looking forward to, is the full 13.3 setup I'm working towards. Unfortunately, that won't come to fruition until sometime next year when we reno the house. My plan is to (possibly) expand the HT room, but for sure I'm recarpeting in there and when I do I'm opening up the drywall to run the side surrounds through the walls, as well as the Atmos speakers.

For now, it'll be a 9.2 until the reno (next summer most likely).

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Had to buy a new low profile floor jack. The old one was too tight a fit since I got coilovers.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'll let you know when I get it set up. What I'm really looking forward to, is the full 13.3 setup I'm working towards. Unfortunately, that won't come to fruition until sometime next year when we reno the house. My plan is to (possibly) expand the HT room, but for sure I'm recarpeting in there and when I do I'm opening up the drywall to run the side surrounds through the walls, as well as the Atmos speakers.

And wouldn't you know I have 2 SVS PB 2000 pros I'm listing on here for sale

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I'm really looking forward to your review on this product as well it's on my radar too can't wait to see you post your review on it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis