What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Went to a yard sale that my sister notified me about. While the seller does sell on Discogs and eBay, these were a selloff of 'VG+' and lesser records. Shown are 16 of the 17 that I got for $15. The one I had already played and put in my rack was CSNY "So Far", a sort of greatest hits with album cover artwork by Joni Mitchell.

I've played about 1/3rd of them, all but one play perfect. The Led Zeppelin II is playable, but really needs a good ultrasonic cleaning. Some others are absolutely pristine, only the outer jackets have suffered a little wear.

What a bargain!!

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Went to a yard sale that my sister notified me about. While the seller does sell on Discogs and eBay, these were a selloff of 'VG+' and lesser records. Shown are 16 of the 17 that I got for $15. The one I had already played and put in my rack was CSNY "So Far", a sort of greatest hits with album cover artwork by Joni Mitchell.

I've played about 1/3rd of them, all but one play perfect. The Led Zeppelin II is playable, but really needs a good ultrasonic cleaning. Some others are absolutely pristine, only the outer jackets have suffered a little wear.

What a bargain!!
Good haul! I would take all of those. My wife and I play "So Far" quite often. "Close to the Edge" is my favorite Yes album. I recognized "Look Sharp" right away, and then started reading the other album covers and they are all great albums.

Matt34

Matt34

It’s been awhile since I bought some new gear, picked this up today to replace my very old Denon 4311. Looking at some Arendalsound 1961 L/C/R to go with it. I like my KEF LS50’s but I’m getting bored with them.
01B36DF4-0E41-48E1-A18B-E6727DD9416D.jpeg

Matt34

Matt34

Are you running LS50's with that?

Have you tried something different?
I was running them with the 4311. My entire setup is a mix-match of gear, I also have a SVS PB-3000 I was trying to blend in with the Kef’s. Oh and the speakers are squeezed into a small entertainment recess in the living room with no center channel. It’s a big mess currently.
C6FE8D8F-66B8-4F5A-9F42-05EF758BC139.jpeg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I was running them with the 4311. My entire setup is a mix-match of gear, I also have a SVS PB-3000 I was trying to blend in with the Kef’s. Oh and the speakers are squeezed into a small entertainment recess in the living room with no center channel. It’s a big mess currently. View attachment 50795
Well then, where on earth would you squeeze in the much larger Arendel speakers? LOL

Matt34

Matt34

Well then, where on earth would you squeeze in the much larger Arendel speakers? LOL
They are actually more narrow, better efficiency, sealed and from what I’ve seen online, have better dispersion than the Kef.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
They are actually more narrow, better efficiency, sealed and from what I’ve seen online, have better dispersion than the Kef.
Just get them then! The LS50's aren't doing what they do best without being on good stands, away from walls. It seems the Arendal would be ideal for that situation, and I doubt you'd miss the high level of detail much at all.

Matt34

Matt34

Just get them then! The LS50's aren't doing what they do best without being on good stands, away from walls. It seems the Arendal would be ideal for that situation, and I doubt you'd miss the high level of detail much at all.
Yes sir!
08DCA1D8-9605-4A12-8450-D048825F609D.jpeg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It’s been awhile since I bought some new gear, picked this up today to replace my very old Denon 4311. Looking at some Arendalsound 1961 L/C/R to go with it. I like my KEF LS50’s but I’m getting bored with them.
Didn't know that the 1961 was that narrow. Only 16.3cm or 6.5". Be sure to post a review when you get them.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
To replace my Motu M2 audio interface for mic duties I got this one from RME that is released this summer. Do I need it? Probably not, but it does have some nice features that is useful, and it also looks nice on top of my RME ADI-2 DAC FS :D

I considered to have this for both mic duties as well as a much more powerful headphone output compared to the Motu M2 and just have one device on my desktop, but the RME ADI-2 DAC FS won me over with features like Dynamic Loudness. The ADI-2 also is fully class compliant so no proprietary drivers are needed for usage, which is more than very nice.

1634409733825.png

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Just received my UHQR pressing from Analog Productions of Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue'. Once this approaching storm blows thru I can't wait to spin it. Might just pour a dram or two of my best whisky !

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just got Coldplay tickets for April. I am not a fan, but she is ;)
They played Jerry's World (Cowboys Stadium) a couple years back, the wife went with her parents.

Not really my thing either.

But, one thing that was pretty neat, never heard of before was that everyone got a light-up wrist band at entry, and the light patterns were all controlled by some central device sending out signals. So, basically the entire audience was part of the light show.

This seems to be an example:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, she went last time with her brother, who is a fan, and she still has that wristband. I watched one of their shows on HBO or AXS something and they do seem to put a lot into the production. Is really just to make up for dragging her to all the shows I like, like Tool lol. She asked before if I would go with her to see them if they came and I said "No" lol, but when I got a shot at presale tix, I figured I would get them for her. This one will be at Levi's Stadium (49ers).

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yep, she went last time with her brother, who is a fan, and she still has that wristband. I watched one of their shows on HBO or AXS something and they do seem to put a lot into the production. Is really just to make up for dragging her to all the shows I like, like Tool lol. She asked before if I would go with her to see them if they came and I said "No" lol, but when I got a shot at presale tix, I figured I would get them for her. This one will be at Levi's Stadium (49ers).
Objectively, they are decent I guess. Not really my style, a little too much pop, and his voice is much too whiney for my ears.

With that being said, I do think they tend to be better than the majority of the pop/radio crap out there, and they are certainly talented.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Objectively, they are decent I guess. Not really my style, a little too much pop, and his voice is much too whiney for my ears.

With that being said, I do think they tend to be better than the majority of the pop/radio crap out there, and they are certainly talented.
Yeah, they're sort of brit pop after brit pop ended. She's an Oasis fan too though, so I guess it makes sense. I like some of their oldest stuff, mainly first album, but just not a big fan. Funny story, one of the guys on my team's name is Chris Martin. In one of our meetings he was presenting and the manager introduced him as "The lead singer of Coldplay" LMAO.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ah, Coldplay. They lost me at Yellow. :p Though there is one song on that album I do really like: Trouble. Anywho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis