What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Matt34

Matt34

This. I’ve also been considering upgrading from my single PSA S1500 and my Klipsch RP-600m to a PB16 Ultra and a pair of Goldenear Triton 5’s.
7AEAD2A4-DD40-41CF-AF0C-0C3FB6AF3554.jpeg

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Baby, you had me at "transmission line."

IMG_2020.jpg

Pair of DCM TF-1000's I just picked up. I pulled the caps and socks to inspect the drivers. They will need some work, but I'm looking at them as a summer project to dabble with when I have small bits of free time. I do actually have an idea of how I want them to look after it's all said and done. More to come...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Baby, you had me at "transmission line."

View attachment 37696

Pair of DCM TF-1000's I just picked up. I pulled the caps and socks to inspect the drivers. They will need some work, but I'm looking at them as a summer project to dabble with when I have small bits of free time. I do actually have an idea of how I want them to look after it's all said and done. More to come...
Whoa congrats DCM speakers. Did they come with those covers? Looking forward to your work on them.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Whoa congrats DCM speakers. Did they come with those covers? Looking forward to your work on them.
Thanks! Yes they had an inner foam wrap, and outer cloth wrap, and the wood end caps. One has to remove the top caps to get the cloth off. They looked like this new:

It's easy to tell that time has taken a drastic toll on the foam sock. Probably the only thing I'll get to do in the coming months is strip down and clean up the cabinets. They will have a vastly different look when I get them done- New stain for the end caps and new color for the cloth sock. I have something in mind, which might change.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got the 2nd Star Wars Blu-ray trilogy on the bay for $9.65. Should be here this week.
Added these Eastwood classic 4 Dirty Harry movies for $3.99 at the thrift store.:eek: The 5th Dead Pool is not included. I’ll get that one later.
46C12F43-3886-4162-A698-21E27E3CD2C1.jpeg
2919DA56-9961-4225-8209-F856D0FC4D52.jpeg
:eek:

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Picked up a new pair of glasses, bought this defogger too. Almost fainted when I saw it's Made in the USA. :cool:

IMG_2654.JPG

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
I ordered a pair of these Flare Calmer. Curious to see how they work in my office with the phone constantly ringing. I usually wear headphones, but I think the receptionist is getting fed up with having to walk to my office and physically shake me when I have a call. Is this sound science? Will it soften the voices in my head, lol?

https://www.flareaudio.com/products/calmer

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Picked two relatively low-powered amps for $120.

The Audiosource AMP 1/A is 80 or 85 watts per channel and is fed solely by the Bluesound Vault 2 sitting next to it. It will live in our guest bedroom, powering a pair of KEF iQ10 bookshelf speakers. They were the first KEF speakers I ever got, a gift from my then 24-year old younger son. They have never sounded better, the bass out of them now from this high-current amp is shocking! Those speakers are going nowhere. :)

Audisource_AMP-1A.jpg

The Luxman M-111 is an even-lower powered 4-channel amp. Rated at a nominal 25 watts per channel, I have it running in 2-channel bridged mode to my main KEF R500 front speakers. It's fed by the pre-outs on the NAD T758v3 AVR, and I did have to boost the analog audio pre-amp output for those two speakers by +3dB to get them back to the same level they were at with the receiver itself. In the receiver's "analog bypass" mode (similar to a Marantz-Denon "pure direct" mode), it does drive the R500's bass better than the AVR did in the same mode. Like all amps, it's not watts that matter, but current and the total design of the amp. No, it doesn't sound profoundly better, just a little more bass control.

Luxman_M-111.jpg

The Luxman will probably get upgraded to a more powerful yet similarly-structured Class A-B amp in the future. The only analog source I have remaining on that system that can take full advantage of this amp is the analog outputs of my Sony CD player. This was a cheap way to learn more about what power amps can and cannot do, and I think it was worth the effort.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
DCM getting the carpet treatments. I detected some rattling recently and saw this thick rug at the Dollar Tree and also a 3D Blu-ray on Sharks, cool man.
22B0045F-1030-4E6C-A2B9-E2F89CB9A213.jpeg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
PB-3000 has arrived, should have my Kef LS50 tomorrow.
Nice! The sub is a little overkill for LS50's finesse, but much depends upon your situation.

What's the room like and what's the application for the LS50's? What will you be using for an amplifier and source, if they're not the wireless version?

Matt34

Matt34

Nice! The sub is a little overkill for LS50's finesse, but much depends upon your situation.

What's the room like and what's the application for the LS50's? What will you be using for an amplifier and source, if they're not the wireless version?
For the living room setup, so it's multi-purpose, powered by an older Denon 4311ci.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis