What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have a 4k Blu-Ray player that's maybe 2 to 2-1/2 years old, an LG UP875. It was a gift from my son when he realized I had a 4K TV but no 4K player. It's got probably less than 40 hours on it, and now there's NO audio output. We tried every possible source of the problem, swapping cables, inputs on the AVR, direct to the TV, nothing.

Well, since the network features of my now 4 year old 55" Samsung UN55JU6500 TV have failed and can't be repaired, I figured I'd look for something in a player that could also stream. I just want the minimum number of components here, I'm really not into video stuff the way I am music.

Got this Sony UBP-X700 for under $240 from B&H Photo & Video of NY. Ordered Tuesday around 5PM, here by 4PM Thursday. Works GREAT!! Hope it lasts longer than the LG. Is that meaning "Least Good"?
Sony_UBP-X700.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
One of my Harmony remotes that I bought used for $20 has developed a problem where the top left button beside the screen no longer functions. I had it (Harmony 650) for a couple of years. I ordered this replacement from Amazon, $20 off its regular price .. I paid 49.99 (not including taxes) . Its the Harmony 665.

Logitech Harmony 665 review: The best standalone remote for most ...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Got this Sony UBP-X700 for under $240 from B&H Photo & Video of NY. Ordered Tuesday around 5PM, here by 4PM Thursday. Works GREAT!! Hope it lasts longer than the LG. Is that meaning "Least Good"?
I think Sony is the way to go for optical disks. I have a Sony CD player from the 80's that still work fine! You would think there was a rubber belt somewhere that would get brittle and snap, but it just keeps working (and I'm talking basic Sony's, not their TOTL)!
In contrast, I have a Marantz CD/SACD 5-disc changer from ~2005 that still works ... as long as I push the tray when I hit the "close" button on the remote ... otherwise, the close mechanism will not engage the tray.

GatorPigDog

GatorPigDog

Audioholic
My collection of cardboard boxes is growing. Part of me really wants to neatly repackage all of the empty boxes, put them in a storage unit, allow the rent to lapse, and then go watch the auction.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 2.44.25 PM.png

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I think Sony is the way to go for optical disks. I have a Sony CD player from the 80's that still work fine! You would think there was a rubber belt somewhere that would get brittle and snap, but it just keeps working (and I'm talking basic Sony's, not their TOTL)!
In contrast, I have a Marantz CD/SACD 5-disc changer from ~2005 that still works ... as long as I push the tray when I hit the "close" button on the remote ... otherwise, the close mechanism will not engage the tray.
I also have an older Sony CD changer, a CDP-CE500. It still works perfect! Loving the new UBP-X700, I hope it lasts longer than the LG.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Started collecting postage stamps as a pre-teen, sort of gave it up when the current type of peel off stamps came into being a few years ago. Always liked the 'old' engraved type. Here is a recent purchase of some 1862-64 Confederate States stamps.

IMG_2690.JPG

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Hegel H90 integrated AMP with Airplay plus several source connections and USB is my next toy to try. It's only 60 watts a channel but offers more current than my Adcom 5 channel amp (125 watts per channel) and 3x the damping factor. It can be used as a stand alone system or setup to work as an amp in a home theater.

H90Front.jpg

H90Back.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Got my Sony x800m2 hooked up in the den theater room finally. So far no issues to report. It’s very similar to the previous x800 model but has less apps and can do Dolby Vision.

I turned on DSEE HX CD upscaling which results in 88.2 rather than 44.1 on regular CDs. I can’t say I can hear any difference though with it on or off. :)
I recently bought the x800 model but for just about $110 not considering the Dolby Vision angle. It's still a nice unit compared to my prior blue ray and can still play 4K just not Dolby Vision. Not sure if you noticed much difference if you have owned both or not.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I recently bought the x800 model but for just about $110 not considering the Dolby Vision angle. It's still a nice unit compared to my prior blue ray and can still play 4K just not Dolby Vision. Not sure if you noticed much difference if you have owned both or not.
I haven’t really noticed a difference between all 3 versions in terms of picture on 4K HDR10 on my 65in Samsung. I don’t have Dolby Vision.

I have the x700,x800, & x800m2.

I recommend whichever you can get the best price on. :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hegel H90 integrated AMP with Airplay plus several source connections and USB is my next toy to try. It's only 60 watts a channel but offers more current than my Adcom 5 channel amp (125 watts per channel) and 3x the damping factor. It can be used as a stand alone system or setup to work as an amp in a home theater.

View attachment 37977
View attachment 37978
I got to experience the H160 (now replaces by the 190) absolutely control a pair of KEF Blade IIs in a very large room. I’m sure your H90 has plenty of power and grip! Nice!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
And now for something completely different. I bought these on the advise of my Parasound dealer to decouple my speakers from the metal stools that support them. We’ll see (hear) what happens...
1F85E20B-ABC3-4420-91F2-D766E6403BCB.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis