What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
I just scored a 24 pack of toilet paper! And its even the nice soft stuff, not that cheap sandpaper crap.
Now that IS newsworthy!
I haven't seen the good stuff since late January to mid February!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Are those hard to find now?
Yes and no.. Yes, reltively easy to find on Ebay..sometimes they show up in thrift or hifi repair stores. No when you want them for a relatively fair price since they stopped making them along time ago. Under $10 per tape is ok..

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sweet! Ooh - I bet you got a good price on that one! I don't know if you have any interest in DSD files, but you could load some up on a USB, plug it in to your Elite and have a go and see if you like it.

I have the LSX-LX503 and so far I am pretty happy with it. I only use it for 2-channel but I am seeing awesome deals on the Elac Adante center (which is a beast!) so I may go with three up front for giggles...
View attachment 36285
That is the 503? I’ve done some research on the 503, seems like a good AVR prices on it are good also

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
That is the 503? I’ve done some research on the 503, seems like a good AVR prices on it are good also
So far so good for my first AVR. Lots of features (most of which I don’t use in 2 channel mode) and SQ seems to be pretty good (jury has not yet eached a verdict). The price was excellent - roughly 50% of MSRP from Amazon. Plus it looks sweet and matches my Blu-ray player!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I just scored a 24 pack of toilet paper! And its even the nice soft stuff, not that cheap sandpaper crap.
You gotta point, I‘ve alway used Scott 1000 Sheets per roll. Well my local Walmart was out of Scott so all they have in stock was the Charmin Essential Mega 12=48 regular rolls. It really is true! My Hiney is clean! Lol. But really I found I’ m not having to use as much as the Scott Toilet paper.
6077BDE9-418E-4EC1-9369-984AD3B1711F.jpeg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Nice features, good power. My son recently got an equivalent Makita. I got him the Porter Cable dovetail jig 4216 and a set of Freud cutters to go with it. He made a nice drawer for the commercial modular Wright Line desk in my office, from the 1970's and add-ons for it no longer available.

Half-Blind_dovetail_outside.jpg
Half-Blind_dovetail_inside.jpg

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
New Asus router, for uploading big 4k files on the hdd connected to my main Nighthawk router.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So, I had a pair of Philips Bass+ bluetooth ear buds (with the wire connecting them - not "true wireless") and really enjoyed them. As their name implies, they had "plus" (i.e., exaggerated) bass and a fun sound signature. No, they were not the last thing in accuracy, but I used them for "casual" listening while doing activities (exercise, commuting on the train, yard work, etc.). The bass was pretty cool... Anyway, I was over at my ex's house this weekend, cleaning up tree limbs from a recent storm. The set needed recharging, so I plugged them in and kind of forgot about them. I later got a text from my ex, asking if some pair of cheap, true wireless earbuds were any good. I asked if she was interested in getting a pair (vicarious shopping!) and she said no, they were for me. *Lightbulb* "Did your dog eat mine?" "Yes..." Crap. I told her it was not necessary to buy me a pair as I was an idiot for leaving them, knowing the dog had a penchant for destruction.

Anyway, I bought these!
1590587614292.png

Philips true wireless version of my recently digested pair!

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
My "C" drive (840 EVO 250GB) on my main PC is having issues which requires windows to do a repair on it once a week or so.
So rather than re-purpose one of my large game drives to a "C" drive I just bought a new 860 EVO 500GB and will do a fresh windows install.

Attachments

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tired of the random speeds while WFH, while everyone else is home too, so ordered this:

Along with an upgrade to 1GB Comcast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis