What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
12$ on eBay last night + user reviews are positive on Blu-ray.com for PQ/SQ. Maybe one day I can rebuy theatrical version later on. For now this will do.
39D9B921-E057-4AE5-94F2-973D53AC3134.jpeg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Only reason I got away from 1+ devices (I've had two, 5 and 6) is that the US carriers don't let them use all the features they offer (VoLTE, wifi calling) so I just couldn't do it anymore with how much I use my phone for work. That and I like all the Google apps and some are Pixel exclusive so I got tired of having to hack my phone.

I went with Google Fi and a Pixel 4 XL and am pretty happy with it. We'll see what else Google does with the Pixel line, but so far I'm sold.
VoLTE and WiFi calling both work under T-Mobile now and has been certified for Verizon as well. The rapid wireless charging is incredibly fast and screen is the best I have had on any phone. Only downside is that it's damn hard to find a good case and it does not support mmWaves 5G only midbad

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
VoLTE and WiFi calling both work under T-Mobile now and has been certified for Verizon as well. The rapid wireless charging is incredibly fast and screen is the best I have had on any phone. Only downside is that it's damn hard to find a good case and it does not support mmWaves 5G only midbad
That's good. Did you get a tmo phone or an international unlocked? Very different phones.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
That's good. Did you get a tmo phone or an international unlocked? Very different phones.
With the exception of the McLaren T-Mobile phone, all have been purchased direct from OnePlus. No US carrier offers the 8 PRO version, so that was my one option. Great option though as it came with the free wireless charger and earbuds

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
New Amana washer and dryer set for my new condo. Used them for the first time yesterday and they worked flawlessly. :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
My 7 year old Epson WF-3540 color printer stopped printing in color even after multiple cleanings. Replaced it with the 'new' Ecotank ET-4760. It uses liquid ink instead of those little cartridges. The 'old' printer came with software on a CD-ROM, easy to install, this 'new' one downloads the drivers from the Epson site, but for some reason the install fails! It will however, print using Apple Air Print. Will call Epson and try to find a reason their software will not install. (it will download it, just fails install process).
Air Print works fine so maybe a waste of time calling Epson.

Attachments

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Well, it's not exactly new, but I picked up my Pioneer UDP-LX500 from the repair shop and it is better than ever!
IMG_1194.jpg

I bought it as a refurb from A4L and even though, when working, it was a fantastic sounding unit (picture quality was awesome as well) it had its "quirks": it would freeze up on occasion, would randomly stop playing a Blu-ray disc and jump a chapter or two ahead and would not read certain discs I had on hand including some DualDiscs and Blu-ray audio titles. I was really regretting selling my Oppo BDP-103 in favor of a native 4K universal player (newer Oppos were priced out of reach at that time) if this was the way it was going to act. I contacted A4L who directed me to Pioneer USA who directed me my nearest authorized repair center, which, luckily enough, is about 4 miles from work. The repair shop told me they had to replace the entire DVD ROM (?) assembly. Anyway, I put it through its paces last night and it performed flawlessly! Total cost to me was $0.00 as it is still under warranty. Nice...

Oh, and I had an HDMI cable "fail". It was acting erratic and not always sending the ARC signal from TV to receiver upon startup - I would have to run the cycle again or unplug/plug the cable, that kind of stuff. So I bought this one from Amazon for $14 and so far no problems:
1589895361245.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well, it's not exactly new, but I picked up my Pioneer UDP-LX500 from the repair shop and it is better than ever!View attachment 36267
I bought it as a refurb from A4L and even though, when working, it was a fantastic sounding unit (picture quality was awesome as well) it had its "quirks": it would freeze up on occasion, would randomly stop playing a Blu-ray disc and jump a chapter or two ahead and would not read certain discs I had on hand including some DualDiscs and Blu-ray audio titles. I was really regretting selling my Oppo BDP-103 in favor of a native 4K universal player (newer Oppos were priced out of reach at that time) if this was the way it was going to act. I contacted A4L who directed me to Pioneer USA who directed me my nearest authorized repair center, which, luckily enough, is about 4 miles from work. The repair shop told me they had to replace the entire DVD ROM (?) assembly. Anyway, I put it through its paces last night and it performed flawlessly! Total cost to me was $0.00 as it is still under warranty. Nice...

Oh, and I had an HDMI cable "fail". It was acting erratic and not always sending the ARC signal from TV to receiver upon startup - I would have to run the cycle again or unplug/plug the cable, that kind of stuff. So I bought this one from Amazon for $14 and so far no problems:
View attachment 36268
Dude we both are in the Elite club. :D
My get yesterday at my local thrift store:
7B2FA432-7E6C-4CF0-A7A0-F71C922861A2.jpeg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Dude we both are in the Elite club. :D
My get yesterday at my local thrift store:
View attachment 36284
Sweet! Ooh - I bet you got a good price on that one! I don't know if you have any interest in DSD files, but you could load some up on a USB, plug it in to your Elite and have a go and see if you like it.

I have the LSX-LX503 and so far I am pretty happy with it. I only use it for 2-channel but I am seeing awesome deals on the Elac Adante center (which is a beast!) so I may go with three up front for giggles...
1589907059687.png

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@John Parks
@afterlife2

I've been a member of the Pio Elite Club going on 14 years now!

This beast has seen daily duty for the entire time! It was the main AVR in my living room for 12 years, now it is on bedroom duty.

1589908743377.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Now that is a beauty Slip. I love the orange display make it look even more Elite. What is your receiver for the living room now?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Now that is a beauty Slip. I love the orange display make it look even more Elite. What is your receiver for the living room now?
I personally always use the auto-dimming/off feature on the displays, it is distracting to me. So, it lights up when you press a button, then dims or goes blank after maybe 10 seconds.

The living room is now a Denon 4400.

I had to upgrade the AVR for the LG C8 OLED upgrade, so the old living room setup went to the bedroom. Even the GE T2s went to the beadroom, and currently running DCM towers in the living room.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet! Ooh - I bet you got a good price on that one! I don't know if you have any interest in DSD files, but you could load some up on a USB, plug it in to your Elite and have a go and see if you like it.

I have the LSX-LX503 and so far I am pretty happy with it. I only use it for 2-channel but I am seeing awesome deals on the Elac Adante center (which is a beast!) so I may go with three up front for giggles...
View attachment 36285
The DSD feature is cool if I can get the sound going. I have two players Flac/MP3 that support DSD. I downloaded a couple of free files awhile ago and it did sound great.

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
Finally broke down and ordered a Pin Nailer (porter cable 23ga) since I never could find one in stock locally.
Also bought a Ryobi 7 1/4 sliding miter saw.

P

Paul Mohr

Audioholic Intern
I just got a LG C9 OLED tv thanks to the government covid checks. Open box deal at my local best buy for just under 900 bucks. So far I am liking it. Not a big fan of the auto dimming ABL/ASBL thing though. It doesn't play nice with web browsing or other programs, but then it wasn't designed to be a computer monitor was it. I disabled a bunch of stuff and turned off TCP in the service menu and it isn't quite as a agressive anymore.

Other than that I am really liking it. Colors are great, blacks are fantastic, upscaling is fantastic and all the gimmicky features actually work pretty well compared to cheaper tvs I have owned in the past. Like noise reduction features and stuff like that. I played with some of them on some netflix shows and they actually work and make some stuff look better without screwing stuff up. But I guess that is probably the difference between a 500 dollar tv and one that retials for almost 2 grand lol. I think my biggest gripe would be how short the power cord is and that its hard wired. What were they thinking with that?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I purchased a box of 10 unopened Maxell XLL 90 miñute Chrome cassette for $98 Cdn, free shipping.

P

Paul Mohr

Audioholic Intern
I just scored a 24 pack of toilet paper! And its even the nice soft stuff, not that cheap sandpaper crap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis