What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

S

Stereo68

Audiophyte
Blue Jeans LC-1 RCA interconnect cables, a set for CD player to preamp. They're just fine. Just ordered another set for preamp to amp.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
This is my third OnePlus Device, they are starting to get priced too high, but to it's defense, it now has 30W wireless charging and the best display in the mobile market. The free wireless charger and ear buds did save me 119.00 with the promo. I apologize to all audiofiles, how can any phone claim Dobly Atmos on a cell phone is beyond me!
Phone arrives on the 22nd.
Phone.JPG

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This is my third OnePlus Device, they are starting to get priced too high, but to it's defense, it now has 30W wireless charging and the best display in the mobile market. The free wireless charger and ear buds did save me 119.00 with the promo. I apologize to all audiofiles, how can any phone claim Dobly Atmos on a cell phone is beyond me!
View attachment 35502
All it means is that it can decode the Atmos object based audio, clearly you won't get a real atmos experience.

I had to go through this recently on a facebook group dedicated to gaming, where the users didn't understand and were getting all excited about their "Atmos Sound Bars" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
For years I've been buying those cheap plastic rolled up desk chair floor mats from Staples or Office Depot, finally got fed up with them cracking and falling apart in under a year. Splurged $63 and bought a 1/5 inch thick plastic clear almost like glass one, weighs 16 pounds, vs. 90 pounds for a solid glass one.

IMG_2565.JPG

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought is really the wrong word in this case. I did pay for materials and labor, however. My son built me a record rack that holds them similar to those in a record store, so you can browse by looking at the album cover rather than trying to turn your head sideways to look at the edge...which can sometimes be worn.

In it right now is about 170-180 LP's, based upon having bought 150 inner and outer plastic sleeves and only 4 left. Plus I already had at least 30 that came to me in plastic sleeves. There's about 3" of space in from of the albums on the top two sections, about 6" remaining on the bottom left, bottom right almost empty. I think I'll be able to get close to 300 in it and still have enough space to flip them forward in browsing. I never want it full and tight.

The photos are very temporary, as the office is getting cleared out tomorrow and painted a more pleasing color. I'll also add an area rug and some acoustic panels. Not seen is a comfortable recliner that will be right in the sweet spot, though sitting at the desk the LS50's work really good as near-field monitors. My office is becoming quite a good music listening room. I am so proud of my son and the work he did!

Edit: A couple days of clearing everything out, a day & half of prep, another day of painting and reassembling (in a better, neater way) and discarding even more junk...and we have Benjamin Moore's "Grape Ice" instead of yellow. Both me and my wife really like my choice...you're allowed not to like it. ;)

Close-up_temporary_installation.jpg
Temporary_install_2.jpg
Office_temporary.jpg
New_color.jpg

Last edited:
Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
Who makes the cables?
Sorry this is so late, been away a minute I guess

The cables in that picture are 3’ Canare 4S11, two locking bananas into two locking bananas.

Link to where I purchase them, just picked up another 12’ set.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Jealous I had the first trilogy box set, but I’ll have to rebuy it. Would have been great to watch tonight.
RoS is on Da-plus now. Do you have a Verizon account? If you have unlimited data you can get it free!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
RoS is on Da-plus now. Do you have a Verizon account? If you have unlimited data you can get it free!
No Verizon and No Disney +. I had this one.
2FF11105-D8B6-47CA-A213-839B7AF16E12.jpeg

Also bought the hard to get the 1st(Non tampered version) and 2nd trilogy films on DVD.
CE00E1B8-5BC4-4AEE-AE62-55DCFD13F488.jpeg

All gone now. I’ll rebuy them eventually.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No Verizon and No Disney +. I had this one.
View attachment 35960
Also bought the hard to get the 1st(Non tampered version) and 2nd trilogy films on DVD. All gone now. I’ll rebuy them eventually.
That’s the thing from Streaming, unless you can download it to a file you have nothing. If I want I’ll buy the Blu-ray!! Take care of it should out last till we die.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That’s the thing from Streaming, unless you can download it to a file you have nothing. If I want I’ll buy the Blu-ray!! Take care of it should out last till we die.
Or until they re-release the Special Edition version! :p

(Han shot first!)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the Robbie Robertson special on Crave on a band called "The Band" and I immediately ordered this album on vinyl. At this point, The Band was playing for Bob Dylan ... known as Bob Dylan and the Band before the Band and Dylan went their seperate ways. If you look at the album, you can see a mix of songs written by Dylan and members of the Band. Robbie Robertson ultimately became the chief song writer.

1588687685062.png

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I suspect that he lost his copies in Hurricane Sandy!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
For years I've been buying those cheap plastic rolled up desk chair floor mats from Staples or Office Depot, finally got fed up with them cracking and falling apart in under a year. Splurged $63 and bought a 1/5 inch thick plastic clear almost like glass one, weighs 16 pounds, vs. 90 pounds for a solid glass one.

View attachment 35513
What's the link for that mat? Mine all cracked too.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Picked up Jurassic Park multiform for $10. I wanted to test my subs on the REX breaking out and eating the wheels off the cars. Also, picked up a 6.5ft 8K HDMI Ultra HD High Speed 48Gbps Cable. It's the little things!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Bought is really the wrong word in this case. I did pay for materials and labor, however. My son built me a record rack that holds them similar to those in a record store, so you can browse by looking at the album cover rather than trying to turn your head sideways to look at the edge...which can sometimes be worn.

In it right now is about 170-180 LP's, based upon having bought 150 inner and outer plastic sleeves and only 4 left. Plus I already had at least 30 that came to me in plastic sleeves. There's about 3" of space in from of the albums on the top two sections, about 6" remaining on the bottom left, bottom right almost empty. I think I'll be able to get close to 300 in it and still have enough space to flip them forward in browsing. I never want it full and tight.

The photos are very temporary, as the office is getting cleared out tomorrow and painted a more pleasing color. I'll also add an area rug and some acoustic panels. Not seen is a comfortable recliner that will be right in the sweet spot, though sitting at the desk the LS50's work really good as near-field monitors. My office is becoming quite a good music listening room. I am so proud of my son and the work he did!

Edit: A couple days of clearing everything out, a day & half of prep, another day of painting and reassembling (in a better, neater way) and discarding even more junk...and we have Benjamin Moore's "Grape Ice" instead of yellow. Both me and my wife really like my choice...you're allowed not to like it. ;)

View attachment 35662View attachment 35664View attachment 35665View attachment 35785
I want one of those!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watched the Robbie Robertson special on Crave on a band called "The Band" and I immediately ordered this album on vinyl. At this point, The Band was playing for Bob Dylan ... known as Bob Dylan and the Band before the Band and Dylan went their seperate ways. If you look at the album, you can see a mix of songs written by Dylan and members of the Band. Robbie Robertson ultimately became the chief song writer.

View attachment 35962
Ever see the documentary by Martin Scorsese "The Last Waltz" about The Band's "last" concert?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 35502
Only reason I got away from 1+ devices (I've had two, 5 and 6) is that the US carriers don't let them use all the features they offer (VoLTE, wifi calling) so I just couldn't do it anymore with how much I use my phone for work. That and I like all the Google apps and some are Pixel exclusive so I got tired of having to hack my phone.

I went with Google Fi and a Pixel 4 XL and am pretty happy with it. We'll see what else Google does with the Pixel line, but so far I'm sold.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis