What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
If I didn't have an aversion to sweaty workouts indoors.....always wanted to try one, tho would never be as fun as the real thing.
I agree and disagree. I love riding my Trek Emonda in the Spring and Summer, but not so much in the late fall & Winter in Chicago ;) . I love the video game and social media aspects of it, so it should keep me motivated. I am not going to the Gym anytime soon and have suspended my membership.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree and disagree. I love riding my Trek Emonda in the Spring and Summer, but not so much in the late fall & Winter in Chicago ;) . I love the video game and social media aspects of it, so it should keep me motivated. I am not going to the Gym anytime soon and have suspended my membership.
Yeah I grew up in Oak Park, understand that completely :) Where I live most of that season is still fine, just a bit colder and wetter. I also prefer having real hills to climb/descend so Illinois is kinda lacking there.....I probably wouldn't have one of these if I still lived in Oak Park :)
hightowerccmattemint.jpg

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Purchased the Peloton Basics Package, which is just the bike
  • My buddy gave me a promo code for $100 off accessories, so got the mat and Heart Rate Monitor
  • It works with my current road bike shoes, just had to buy a different bottom plate (Saved $125)
  • Is it overpriced, absolutely!, but there were two key feature the audiofile in me really liked
Chromecast the class to my TV
Bluetooth for my favoraite pair of ear buds or my audio setup in my bedroom

It also had the best number of live classes and social media platform so I can compete with my friends
Downside that due to Corona (Virus not beer) , delivery is two weeks away :(
View attachment 34722
Do you have a dedicated room for it overlooking your spectacular view from your veranda?

At least, the commercials for that tell me that's what your're supposed to do. :oops:

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Do you have a dedicated room for it overlooking your spectacular view from your veranda?

At least, the commercials for that tell me that's what your're supposed to do. :oops:
LOL, No had a house built two years ago, just a backyard with a lake in the far distance. pretty flat, pretty plain. That's why they give you a big screen

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
LOL, No had a house built two years ago, just a backyard with a lake in the far distance. pretty flat, pretty plain. That's why they give you a big screen
That still sounds pretty good

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Replaced the VHS with this blu-ray edition:

IMG_2514.JPG

CAUGHT (1949) , James Mason, Barbara Bel Geddes, Robert Ryan.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last two purchases. Got laid off the next day after buying the Canon(has a crazy zoom and still sells for 400$) been wanting it for a long time. No more purchases for a long while now. Sigh. Miss my local thrift stores all closed for now.
IMG_20200328_185301_123.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Riverstone_scale.jpg
Albums_4-4-2020.jpg

For about $28 off Amazon with free, fast shipping I got this Riverstone Audio digital, very accurate, vertical tracking force gauge. From a former co-worker 1200 miles away in Wisconson, some 12 LP's all in pretty damn good condition. Love this stuff, and a great time killer every night after dinner lately. Yeah, still working. It's a medical device manufacturer (endoscopes) so "essential services."

P

ParisB

Audioholic
Watching audioholics videos and reading subwoofer guides have convinced me to get dual subs :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
View attachment 35269View attachment 35270

For about $28 off Amazon with free, fast shipping I got this Riverstone Audio digital, very accurate, vertical tracking force gauge. From a former co-worker 1200 miles away in Wisconson, some 12 LP's all in pretty damn good condition. Love this stuff, and a great time killer every night after dinner lately. Yeah, still working. It's a medical device manufacturer (endoscopes) so "essential services."
Fancy-schmancy digital balance! If you get a good look at my avitar, it shows a mechanical stylus force balance in use.

Analog is just as good as digi (possible better for some tasks), but requires more experience and skill from the end user.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Fancy-schmancy digital balance! If you get a good look at my avitar, it shows a mechanical stylus force balance in use.

Analog is just as good as digi (possible better for some tasks), but requires more experience and skill from the end user.
I used the stylus balance that came with my new E.A.T C-Major turntable first. It's the exact same piece of plastic with a strip of metal that came with my Pro-Ject RPM-1. It doesn't have a line at 2.3grams, so I extrapolated between 2 grams and 2.5. When I got the new unit (with calibration weights), I found I was actually running at 2.7 grams, so I'm much more confident with the new one, and $28 wasn't hard to come by.

Your avatar photo is way too small for me to see any detail of what you use.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I used the stylus balance that came with my new E.A.T C-Major turntable first. It's the exact same piece of plastic with a strip of metal that came with my Pro-Ject RPM-1. It doesn't have a line at 2.3grams, so I extrapolated between 2 grams and 2.5. When I got the new unit (with calibration weights), I found I was actually running at 2.7 grams, so I'm much more confident with the new one, and $28 wasn't hard to come by.

Your avatar photo is way too small for me to see any detail of what you use.
Oh! Yeah, calibration weights are a whole different story, and I don't have any weights in that low range. I did not calibrate my balance, took it for granted that it was accurate, which is an easy mistake to make. But, my players track just fine so I"m pretty confident that it's good enough. But, yeah, yours was worth a few extra $ just to get the weights with it.

Hopefully you know this, but you should ONLY handle the calibration weights with gloves or lab glass wipes (Kem-Wipes). Oils from your skin will get on the weights and change the mass of the weight, so then you will start getting inaccurate calibrations.

I have this one, but I paid only about $23 for it, and it has much better resolution than what yours did.

EDIT-- I see now, the low weight that came with it was 5g, I would rec picking up a weight closer to the range of your actual measurement for the best accuracy. I know 1g are readily available, not sure about other weights between 1-5g.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought some budget stuff. Case(free eBay bucks)/DVD-A and speaker wire(free eBay bucks)
01117B80-E3F0-474A-A971-6FB3363753DE.jpeg

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic

Son needed a new phone, so I upgraded the S10+ to a S20+ and gave him the 10.
I've heard the LG V50 ThinQ has better audio quality with Quad DAC.
Even better is the V60

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked these PSB 600 up over a month ago and just got them connected and dialed into my system last night. They are in pristine condition as you can see from the pics...

Great25.jpg

Great26.jpg

Great27.jpg

Great28.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis