What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
But you still need a new cartridge. :) Let us know hot that sacd sounds man. I have the regular cd and it sounds great to me.
I do need that cart. I just have a technics slb20, I had a grado black on it and was a good balance sound and weight wise. I screwed up, didnt 'lock' the tone arm and my 3yr old spun the platter; destroyed the the stylus.
Currently have a denon dvd 2900, nad c316bee and the triad bookshelves. The sacd is impressive but in a more 'digital' sound (if that makes sense) I also picked up the division bell (non sacd). I did a quick a/b comparison and very subtle differences, the sacd wins, by minimal margin, only because it seems to have a better 'live' soundstage. I'll definitely pick up another sacd or 2, but I'm guessing I'll always resort to my cheap technics table, I just enjoy the open airy hiss and pops that follow.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
A "Major" upgrade in turntable, going from a Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon to an E.A.T. C-Major with Ortofon Quintet Blue moving magnet cartridge. Far more improvement than I expected, that's for sure!

Attachments

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A "Major" upgrade in turntable, going from a Pro-Ject RPM-1 Carbon to an E.A.T. C-Major with Ortofon Quintet Blue moving magnet cartridge. Far more improvement than I expected, that's for sure!
Nice! Those E.A.T. tables sure look nice in the Audio Advisor catalogs. Enjoy!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Sweet! That is a fine looking 'table!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this along with a speed calibration cassette containing a 3KHz tone to help calibrate the speed of my cassette decks. It has a frequency counter function..

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have all of their vinyl :) LA WOMAN is my favourite album followed very closely by their 1st album
Love LA Woman. Absolutely Live is a sleeper just because of the great version of Break on Through.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just bought these plastic cermaic tipped screw drivers for the job as I do not want to short anything out.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Bough a replacement/secondary ups on eBay. $74 for used 1500VA/1000W model. Labeled as HP T1500 G4, which is rebranded Eaton 5SC1500. New compatible batteries then I'll need them run about $60. The brand new unit is around $350.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I originally bought a cheap Onkyo tx-nr686 at best buy for $249.00 which I thought was a steal, until I got it home. Cheap remote, clunky setup process, buggy ARC and radom HDMI issues so I returned it. Had the same issues on both my Sony TV's, so not sure if that was part of the problem. I should have known better, but my old Integra worked like a champ.

Then doing my Sunday Costo Shopping I had and impulse and Costco had a sale, bad combination :)
Yamaha TSR-7850 was on sale at costo for $429, for some reason I got charged $399 (Not going to complain)
Pict.GIF
[

From the moment I unboxed it, the quality appeared significantly better. It's a low price receiver, but I loved the solid remote, build quality and ease of setup. This is my first non Marantz Receiver in a long, long time. For this price point I am solidly impressed and should serve me well with my outdoor patio setup, once I get my speakers. Still prefer the look of the Marantz, but for this price I am glad I returned the Onkyo and spent a few dollars more.

Last edited:
Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Thinking of picking up a Pioneer Purevision PDP-6071HD for $90 that has only 500 hours on it. Really trying to decide if it’s worth taking a chance on. Looks good And just $90. So very tempting... oh well, picked up a few DVD’s for $.50 cents. Cocoon and a four Action movie pack with Rumble in the Bronx and Bloodsport. Anybody have experience with that plasma that can tell me if it’s good?

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^that Pioneer tv is a monitor only, so no local channel or cable will work with it. I think only HDMI. EDIT Never mind it does have a tuner. For $90 i'd take a chance on a 60inch

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis