What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Michael Connelly The Night Fire just released Harry Bosch book. My favorite all time series. I CANT WAIT!:)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I just got this vintage 1999 bad boy in from Moscow, Russia no less (first generation Dunhill Unique Sports Turbo jet lighter with piezo electric ignition that closely resembles the original 1920s Dunhill Unique Sports wick lighter like the one I bought a few weeks back):

Dunhill Unique Turbo s.jpg

Dunhill Unique Turbo Lit s.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a bunch of stuff for the PC now that it has it's own space. Some Edifier powered bookshelves, a new mechanical keyboard, and a new mouse. Will hook up the old SC4000 to it so I'll have a decent little office system, at least to 30 Hz. lol

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Over the last few months....
2 Klipsch k402 horns
4 Klipsch RP160Ms
4 Klipsch RP150Ms
1 pair of speaker stands
3 pairs of wall mounts for the RP150Ms
2 Yamaha P2500s amps
Xilica XP4080 crossover
250' of 12 gauge 4 conductor speaker wire
Bunch of XLRs

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Well I’ve finally done it. I finally cut the cord on cable TV. Frontier’s FIOS TV has just got too expensive for me, especially in light of the fact that I’ll be re-retiring in a couple of years. With some help from their Retention Department I decided to keep FIOS internet and bumped my speed from 150/150Mbps to 500/500Mbps but I still dumped their “cable TV” service. I still have Amazon Prime, Netflix, YouTube Red and to those I’ve added YouTube TV and I’m still saving roughly $100/mo. I just didn’t watch the “cable” premium networks like HBO enough that I’ll miss them. Besides, they were just a no longer needed morale sustaining luxury holdover from a successful cancer battle a few years ago. Anyway, the additional speed has improved the reliability of multiple 4K streams.

In anticipation of this occasion I sidelined my still hooked up Shield TV and bought the latest (new this month) version of the Roku Ultra so that I can take advantage of Amazon Music HD. I originally moved from a Roku 3 to the Shield because at that time YouTube was just too dang slooooow on a Roku 3. I’m glad to report that the latest Roku Ultra is very fast. That said, there have been a couple of small disappointments. The first is that it’s been bit unstable and so far, in one week, has needed a couple of hard restarts. I’m hoping the recent addition of a fast 32GB microSD card will solve that. My second quibble is that the Roku still saddled with with a 100Mb Ethernet port. Not a deal killer for a $100 media player.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
My Ronson Touch Tip Lighter with Watch has arrived from Samuel Spade's Office in 1941 shortly after the case of The Maltese Falcon courtesy of my time traveling (drone scaled sized) DeLorean!
Surreal Delorean Touch Tip.jpg

Falcon Touch Tip Lighter Delorean 01.jpg

Falcon Touch Tip Lighter Left 01.jpg

Last edited:
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I bought a Promate HDMI 2.1 cable and a android box for 4k and HD audio playback.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
New Pathfinder for me . Upgrade from my 2000 Honda Civic.[/IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
A gold Dunhill Unique gas lighter from the late 1980s has arrived here (same name/model as the one in License to Kill James Bond except it's gold and striped instead of silver and engraved).

Dunhill Unique Gold gas s.jpg
Dunhill Unique Gold Gas Lit s.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I just got this beautiful Ronson Varaflame StarFire for $14 plus shipping off eBay. It's in mint condition and worked like new once I freed up the original flint and replaced it and fueled it up with some quality Dunhill butane.

Ronson Varaflame Starfire s  .jpg
Ronson Varaflame Starfire Lit s  .jpg

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
Picked up an Audioquest Sub-x subwoofer cable (about 15’) for a buck at an estate sale. Wanted a longer subwoofer cable and got it for pocket change. Works fine. After looking online I see it is infused with rainbows and the dreams of angels to insure it sounds heavenly so I guess it was worth the buck. I sure would not have paid the new price for one.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis