What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Had $130 in Best Buy gift cards so I decided to upgrade my laptop to more memory and a SSD.
120GB Toshiba SSD and 8GB Corsair RAM.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just got here.:eek::) That was FAST.:cool: I will mess around with it tomm. too tired but excited.;)
Woke up had some coffee and hooked it up. Just stunning. I got it up on the wall 73 inches across and I can't imagine when I get the 100 inch screen. Just got Roku hooked up so far. Maybe later I'll hook the blu-ray player. Thanks fuzz I'm so happy with your guidance & recommendation, just stunning quality.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since a new receiver wasn't in the cards I'm sticking with the Oppo 103D and adding an HDMI switch.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My 2nd 3D disc. I Frankenstein which I bought a month ago came with a 3D. Looking for Marvel Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D Blu-Ray if I find it for a low price. Still waiting for the 3D glasses.:cool:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I finally got the 3D version used on the bay. I'm good for now with 3D movies. I'll see how I like it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The 3D in this movie is pretty much secondary, but the movie itself is quite good, I own it as well

jcparks

jcparks

Full Audioholic
Got some Christmas money, this time it was my wife's turn to get a new toy though.. She picked an expensive one.

got her the i5 version with a 128gig ssd and 4gigs of ram. I really wanted to get the next step up because it had 8 gigs of ram... but it was another 300 dollars for and extra 4 gigs of ram and a 256gig ssd. That is on the same level as an Apple product mark up. I just couldn't justify it. Just sucks cause the ram is soldered to the mainboard so it is next to impossible to upgrade. It should be more then fine for what she will use it for though. Internet surfing, netflix watching, and a PC for her Silhouette Cameo diecutter-scrap booking-crafting-keeping her happy so I can spend more on audio-machine. :)
She got the purple keyboard cover.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Also went to Best Buy and took advantage of the Logitech Harmony recycle deal and ordered a Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home. Store didn't have one in stock so I had them ship one to me. The only down side is that I'm drowning in remotes out in the living room. I think I have about 5 or 6 I'm juggling to control everything.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Also went to Best Buy and took advantage of the Logitech Harmony recycle deal and ordered a Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home. Store didn't have one in stock so I had them ship one to me. The only down side is that I'm drowning in remotes out in the living room. I think I have about 5 or 6 I'm juggling to control everything.

If it's anything like the Harmony One that I've had for a few years now, you'll like it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
If it's anything like the Harmony One that I've had for a few years now, you'll like it.
That's actually the model I went and traded in. The promotion is, recycle your old Harmony and get $100 off of either a Harmony Ultimate home or $50 off of a Harmony Control Home. I don't know that I'll use the whole home feature set anytime soon, but it's like getting the hub the hub for free after buying the Ultimate One.

B

bridge

Enthusiast
Picked up a Google Chromecast.

Plugged it into an HDMI port in the Onkyo, BOOM!! Hit a bunch of great concerts already.

Having this much fun for $30 is ridicious!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Got a replacement remote for the Acer PJ works great. :)

Got another pair of 3D glasses. The screen should be here next week.

Always wanted to see this movie(3 disc) and got a great deal for 8 bucks.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Installed the SSD and the RAM and man what a difference! It's like a new machine now. It's amazingly fast now.
Everyone owes to themselves to use a SSD in their computer.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Also purchased yesterday. Sure, they aren't an electronic gadget, but I hadn't bought any in years and these caught my attention at Target. Tasty.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis