What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I wish. Probably doing trail work tonight as we had some ATV's illegally use the mountain bike trails and intentionally cause some severe damage.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Feeling very nervous this morning. Tracking on my bike frame has not updated in two days an no one seems to know where it is. It is going to be a long weekend.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I wish. Probably doing trail work tonight as we had some ATV's illegally use the mountain bike trails and intentionally cause some severe damage.
I've heard the ATV riders are even worse than the bike riders.;):D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh I have been a bad bad man.

New Frame and fork: New 2012 2/3 off retail

Rear Derailleur

Carbon Crankset

Chain

Shifter hoods

Bar tape

I left the photos big to make sure Alex can see them.

Now to be patient while it arrives this week. That should give me long enough to break something on my old bike or come up with an excuse on why I HAD to buy all of this.
BECAUSE is a good enough reason :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Steelbook Blu-rays on sale at Amazon.:D 9.99 and 10.99 Never saw these that low, so...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Steelbook Blu-rays on sale at Amazon.:D 9.99 and 10.99 Never saw these that low, so...
Those steelbooks go on sale all the time at BB, usually in store. I looked for Scott Pilgrim last time I was there but it was sold out. One of my favorite movies. Hulk, no.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Those steelbooks go on sale all the time at BB, usually in store. I looked for Scott Pilgrim last time I was there but it was sold out. One of my favorite movies. Hulk, no.
I thought the 2nd Hulk was better. I saw some of it a couple of years back and liked it, but never had it on BD. Scott I saw in the movies and bought the BD, but it got ruined. Did you order Scott now?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
BECAUSE is a good enough reason :)
Well things went better than I expected. I am fairly certain she knew something was going on. Bike is all assembled and first ride will be the first nice day. Of course now that I have a new bike it has rained like crazy. I rode in this morning on the old bike. Only 54 when I headed out the door. Love August in the Adirondacks. Fall is here.:rolleyes:

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I know, I know. I was pi$$ed last night when I realized my chain was too long and the "tool-less" master link was impossible to get apart either with or without tools. I did not want to be ham handed and break it so I opened a beverage and will tackle it again tonight. I will say it is scary light. I almost wish I would not have picked up just the frame. It has me wondering how in heck it will hold up. But this is the same bike guys road over cobbles in Paris-Roubaix so I probably should not worry too much.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I just ordered a used copy of this

Ouch!

Have you seen it?

I loved the books, but only about the first 3 in the series. I think by #4 or #5, Herbert wasn't writing them anymore (but I think it was his children that took it over).

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ouch!

Have you seen it?

I loved the books, but only about the first 3 in the series. I think by #4 or #5, Herbert wasn't writing them anymore (but I think it was his children that took it over).
I bought it on recommendations from others on this forum.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I bought this on a whim last night not having seen it in the theaters

I watched it last night (redbox rental). Decent flick although in some ways it felt very similar to Hunger Games. I don't think I will buy it buy my daughter may have something to say about that. Having a daughter, I do like the fact there are a few movie series out that have a strong female lead like this and the Hunger Games.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I bought it on recommendations from others on this forum.
Well, then let me know what you think.

The odd thing is that "Children of Dune" is actually book#3. Did they make a movie on book#2 (Dune Messiah)???

As I recall, book #3 is where the series started going downhill fast, and I think #4 is where his son and another writer took over.

If you like to read, I highly recommend book#1, I think it helps to clear up a lot of confusion from the movie.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the 2nd Hulk was better. I saw some of it a couple of years back and liked it, but never had it on BD. Scott I saw in the movies and bought the BD, but it got ruined. Did you order Scott now?
Yes, I did order the steelbook because my original BD came in a heat warped case (the clear plastic is bumpy like it almost melted), plus I just always wanted the steelbook version :) I didn't really mind that version of Hulk because I thought Norton was a decent Baxter and the audio was really good, but the movie was still sort of just good compared to the other, better Marvel movies that lead up to Avengers (mainly Capt. America and Iron Man 1-3, Thor was pretty decent too).

I also just saw that Cowboy Bebop the series is coming on BD so I preordered that too :) Amazon.com: Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo): David Lucas, John Billingslea, Wendee Lee, Melissa Charles, Henry Douglas Grey, YUTAKA MASEBA, Haruyo Kanesaku: Movies & TV

This showed up yesterday

And I have Divergent as a rental from Redbox.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis