What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let me know what you think of the Pio center. I thought when I had it, it did a really great job with the dialogue.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Let me know what you think of the Pio center. I thought when I had it, it did a really great job with the dialogue.
I'll hook it up by itself :) My system up here is currently 2.0 with just the 52s and I only have the Marantz integrated, so no processing for the center yet. I need to add something with HDMI up here now though, so I'll be on the hunt for a cheap AVR in the near future, probably a Denon. The 52s have sufficient bass that I don't think I'll add a sub up here anytime soon; that's the main reason why I moved from the 22s to the 52s, so I wouldn't have to upgrade to an AVR just to add a sub; but looks like I have to now anyway since I have too many HDMI devices.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
+1 to Cowboy Bebop!!!

That is one of the best Anime series of all time, hands down! I have it on DVD, I doubt I will upgrade to BD. I love the animantion, action, and of course the jazz beats!

If you like that, then there are a few others to mention that you should look into:

*Samurai Champloo (same team that did Cowboy Bebop): It's another epic series. Great, but not quite as good as CB, and what a surprise ending! Also, the soundtrack more focused on hip-hop and turntablist beats rather than jazz.

*Lupin the 3rd: Yeah, it's old anime so the animation is dated. But the storyline and the little jazz beats are there. When you watch it, you will realize that this is absolutely the roots of CB. Completely different story and characters, but very similar in style.

*Afro Samurai: It's OK, stars Samuel L Jackson. Decent storyline, decent animantion and beats. Mostly, I guess it's kind of the American attempt at anime. It's reasonably good, but not great in my opinion.

On a side note, I see Appleseed Alpha is now on BD. Appleseed has always been at the forefront of the animation tech.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
+1 to Cowboy Bebop!!!

That is one of the best Anime series of all time, hands down! I have it on DVD, I doubt I will upgrade to BD. I love the animantion, action, and of course the jazz beats!

If you like that, then there are a few others to mention that you should look into:

*Samurai Champloo (same team that did Cowboy Bebop): It's another epic series. Great, but not quite as good as CB, and what a surprise ending! Also, the soundtrack more focused on hip-hop and turntablist beats rather than jazz.

*Lupin the 3rd: Yeah, it's old anime so the animation is dated. But the storyline and the little jazz beats are there. When you watch it, you will realize that this is absolutely the roots of CB. Completely different story and characters, but very similar in style.

*Afro Samurai: It's OK, stars Samuel L Jackson. Decent storyline, decent animantion and beats. Mostly, I guess it's kind of the American attempt at anime. It's reasonably good, but not great in my opinion.

On a side note, I see Appleseed Alpha is now on BD. Appleseed has always been at the forefront of the animation tech.
I owned the series on DVD for many years, but unfortunately all but disc #1 were stolen when my house was broken into (lost about 400 DVDs total...). I also lost my collectors box set of Neon Genesis :( I have S1 Afro Samurai and both Appleseed films on BD, but not the series. Have seen all of Champloo, but haven't picked up the BD set yet. That set goes down to about $20 sometimes and I'll pick it and FLCL up sooner or later :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I owned the series on DVD for many years, but unfortunately all but disc #1 were stolen when my house was broken into (lost about 400 DVDs total...). I also lost my collectors box set of Neon Genesis :( I have S1 Afro Samurai and both Appleseed films on BD, but not the series. Have seen all of Champloo, but haven't picked up the BD set yet. That set goes down to about $20 sometimes and I'll pick it and FLCL up sooner or later :)
Nice. Like I mentioned, if you haven't seen Lupin the 3rd, it is worth the time. The main character is a super-thief, so it's all about his team pulling over scams on the bumbling detective. It's older so the animation isn't mind blowing, but it's done well and so is the soundtrack.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nice. Like I mentioned, if you haven't seen Lupin the 3rd, it is worth the time. The main character is a super-thief, so it's all about his team pulling over scams on the bumbling detective. It's older so the animation isn't mind blowing, but it's done well and so is the soundtrack.
Haven't seen Lupin, will check it out. I know the series, just never watched it. I just finished C on BD and thought it was a pretty good series too; my daughter bought it for me :) Knights of Sidonia on Netflix wasn't bad either.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't seen Lupin, will check it out. I know the series, just never watched it. I just finished C on BD and thought it was a pretty good series too; my daughter bought it for me :) Knights of Sidonia on Netflix wasn't bad either.
Well, I went and had a read of Lupin over on Wiki, and turned up this. Seems that I was right when I said you could see the roots of CB on Lupin:

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo director Shinichirō Watanabe revealed during an interview with Newtype Japan that he was heavily influenced by the work of director Masaaki Ōsumi on the first Lupin television series.[SUP][138][/SUP]

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That tweeter looks like an eye. :eek: I don't think that I could handle looking at that...or having the grill on and still knowing that it was "looking" at me.

Glad that you found the speakers you were searching for, Mac. :)

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Adam,

you're spot-on on the " tweeter-eying thing" though... but, to each his own and maybe Mac was looking for some kinda surveillance tweeter, who knows?? ;):p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Here is a pic of the new bike assembled and ready to go. Got out for a nice 55 mile ride yesterday with a couple of friends. Cross winds nearly broke me early in the ride but I caught my second wind a bit over 2 hours in and felt really good at the end. It handles like on rails and climbing was very good. I need to get rid of the orange tires but they are new so that will be next year.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That tweeter looks like an eye. :eek: I don't think that I could handle looking at that...or having the grill on and still knowing that it was "looking" at me.

Glad that you found the speakers you were searching for, Mac. :)
GR uses a very similar looking one that was often referred to as the fisheye. Quite possibly the same dome with a different waveguide.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Ouch!

Have you seen it?

I loved the books, but only about the first 3 in the series. I think by #4 or #5, Herbert wasn't writing them anymore (but I think it was his children that took it over).

I got this in the mail yesterday. Discs look good. I haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I fixed my FireTV last night. This time it popped up and said "clear the app data" for the faulting programs and that seems to have fixed both Netflix and Prime.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this brand new on sale on 180gm vinyl including an MP3 download card for $22.00 taxes in

and this used for $10 on CD

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis