What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Oops forgot to tell you that I ordered this rack for my separates..

View attachment 65034

This will be a close match to what I have now for my AVR stack...

View attachment 65035
That rack going to allow you to get the AVR rack a bit less crowded? I used to have a turntable on a similar thing, also right between my center speaker and my right floorstander. It's all transitioned to something completely different now, but It was a great start.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Put this tone arm lift on my wish list and my wife was kind enough to oblige. Beautifully engineered and works as advertised. Now I don't have to worry about falling asleep with the stylus down. :D
1000002225.jpg

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
1704648216884.png

Replaced ignition switch on my 1995 Chevy C1500 Extended cabs step side, 42 bucks, ordered off of Amazon. Local part houses wanted over 100 bucks for the same switch. Wasn't hard to replace. Why am I driving a old truck? Sure, I can afford a new one. I refuse to pay 45k plus for a new one. 257348 miles on it and everything still works.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Put this tone arm lift on my wish list and my wife was kind enough to oblige. Beautifully engineered and works as advertised. Now I don't have to worry about falling asleep with the stylus down. :D
View attachment 65062
Nice! I need one of those tone arm lifts for my REGA Planar 3. What brand and model is that if I might ask?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
After I QQ'd about my bad amp in my SVS PB-3000 I picked up on craigslist last year.
  • SVS customer service took care of me!
  • Then I am checking out USAUDIOMART.com and saw another PB-3000 w about 2 years warranty left....so now I have Dual PB-3000 :eek:
  • $700 and this unit is pristine, came with everything except box and even had the Isolation feet
  • This pic was taken from the listing, buddy is heading my way to help bring up to my second floor 2-channel room. Not that heavy at 80lbs but too damn big! Makes my Seismic 12 look like a toy.
In all honesty, I am seriously debating selling my two JL Audio Subs, using these in my HT room and pocket the $$ for other audio goodness. If only they made Piano black for these!

Side note: this does NOT fit in my 24 BMW M440i Coupe, fortunately Home Depot had a van for rent close by.

Screenshot 2024-01-07 195345.jpg

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Nice! I need one of those tone arm lifts for my REGA Planar 3. What brand and model is that if I might ask?
This is the Tru-Lift made by IntegrityHiFi in Canada. I'll warn you now that it's not cheap but probably the best tone arm lift out there. My Project used the #1 which is the shortest model. Other models add a metal base to raise the height and with 5 models they accomodate almost any table. Height adjustment is a simple Allen key set screw on the side and it's held in place with blu-tack (included). Sensitivity can be adjusted but mine was fine with the factory setting. Very nicely made but smaller than I imagined from the photos. Which is good as it just fits between the platter and gimble. You push the lift bar down each time to reset it and the lift action is very smooth.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
View attachment 65062
I never got into vinyl myself, but that doesn't stop me from recognizing that for the novel and cool little contraption that it is. Good stuff.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
After I QQ'd about my bad amp in my SVS PB-3000 I picked up on craigslist last year.
  • SVS customer service took care of me!
  • Then I am checking out USAUDIOMART.com and saw another PB-3000 w about 2 years warranty left....so now I have Dual PB-3000 :eek:
  • $700 and this unit is pristine, came with everything except box and even had the Isolation feet
  • This pic was taken from the listing, buddy is heading my way to help bring up to my second floor 2-channel room. Not that heavy at 80lbs but too damn big! Makes my Seismic 12 look like a toy.
In all honesty, I am seriously debating selling my two JL Audio Subs, using these in my HT room and pocket the $$ for other audio goodness. If only they made Piano black for these!

Side note: this does NOT fit in my 24 BMW M440i Coupe, fortunately Home Depot had a van for rent close by.

View attachment 65071
Congrats on finding and getting a match to make the pair.

Out of curiousity, which JLs are you thinking of replacing with these?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on finding and getting a match to make the pair.

Out of curiousity, which JLs are you thinking of replacing with these?
I have dual Fathom F112v2 subs. They are compact beasts, but I don't think I will be giving up much downgrading while picking up more low end boom. That being said, I am probably all talk on this, they do measure pretty well all the way down to about 20/25hz which is not bad for sealed subs.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have dual Fathom F112v2 subs. They are compact beasts, but I don't think I will be giving up much downgrading while picking up more low end boom. That being said, I am probably all talk on this, they do measure pretty well all the way down to about 20/25hz which is not bad for sealed subs.
View attachment 65062
I have a Pro-Ject Carbon Evo, I just upgraded to the ORTOFON Blue, what would be the advantage of upgrading the tonearm. (Yes, I am a vinyl noob). Ok I read your follow up post, now I want one!

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Very nice.
I have an f112v1 down in my theatre currently (along with a pair of SB-1000s at the opposite end). Pricey, but I really enjoy having the fathom down there.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This is the Tru-Lift made by IntegrityHiFi in Canada. I'll warn you now that it's not cheap but probably the best tone arm lift out there. My Project used the #1 which is the shortest model. Other models add a metal base to raise the height and with 5 models they accomodate almost any table. Height adjustment is a simple Allen key set screw on the side and it's held in place with blu-tack (included). Sensitivity can be adjusted but mine was fine with the factory setting. Very nicely made but smaller than I imagined from the photos. Which is good as it just fits between the platter and gimble. You push the lift bar down each time to reset it and the lift action is very smooth.
They look very well made after hopping on their webpage and taking a looksie. Yep, they are pricey. Maybe its a gift to myself next year. I'm putting together a separates stack and its consuming more of my money than I had anticipated.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I will be shopping for a good sealed sub such as those in the coming months. The JL Audio Fathom F112v2 is on my short list.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I have a Pro-Ject Carbon Evo, I just upgraded to the ORTOFON Blue, what would be the advantage of upgrading the tonearm. (Yes, I am a vinyl noob). Ok I read your follow up post, now I want one!
All of the info you need is on the Integrity web site. The set-up page shows most of what you need to know.
https://www.integrityhifi.ca/tru-lift-set-up
You probably recognize my table as a Carbon Evo as well but I upgraded to the acrylic platter. The one feature I was missing was auto-shutoff and the auto-lift does the trick.

There is just enough room for the #1 lift on the Evo. The taller lifts tend to have wider bases. They list the specs on the web site so in general you need to measure how high the tonearm is from the plinth and whether there is room for the base. There is a life-time warranty if you purchase from an authorized dealer.

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
They look very well made after hopping on their webpage and taking a looksie. Yep, they are pricey. Maybe its a gift to myself next year. I'm putting together a separates stack and its consuming more of my money than I had anticipated.
Yes, that's why I put off getting one for so long but I'm usually lacking suggestions for Christmas gifts and this one made the list. Spun a few albums on the weekend and it's worked well so far. Hopefully there is no movement with the blu-tack and it won't need adjusting.

The new stack you have is looking nice. I've always been a fan of the Yamaha Natural Sound components and still have an old integrated amp that I'm keeping for future use.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
All of the info you need is on the Integrity web site. The set-up page shows most of what you need to know.
https://www.integrityhifi.ca/tru-lift-set-up
You probably recognize my table as a Carbon Evo as well but I upgraded to the acrylic platter. The one feature I was missing was auto-shutoff and the auto-lift does the trick.

There is just enough room for the #1 lift on the Evo. The taller lifts tend to have wider bases. They list the specs on the web site so in general you need to measure how high the tonearm is from the plinth and whether there is room for the base. There is a life-time warranty if you purchase from an authorized dealer.
I already have the acrylic platter, I bought it 1 week after I got the turntable, wish they just put them in standard :). The price is steep, but if it saves my Ortofon Blue some damage due to me falling asleep, worth it!

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, I'll have to check into it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis