What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Ordered on Amazon 12% off Rhinos list price. Here are snapshots of the posting.
IMG_3664.jpeg
IMG_3665.jpeg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Cool. I hope so too. Looks like you can’t buy the CD set in the US from their web site. Nothing on Rhino yet either. Leave it to Amazon. They have just about everything. I buy most of my CDs through them now. Something to look forward to in the new year!

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I saw Dire Straits Live at the Commodore Ballroom, in Vancouver (it holds 990 people) October 22, 1980.
I saw Mark Knopfler in concert at the Queen Elizabeth Theater in Vancouver September 10, 2015.

Both were fabulous shows. An amazing artist. I hope those CDs are great.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I always wanted seperates for a stereo system only because I think its kinda cool. I scored the following for a $525 Cdn . All it took was a 6 hour round trip and gas to get them. It was demonstrated by the seller and it all works. All Yamaha: power amp is a MX-600U, pre-amp is a CX-600U, and tuner is TX-530

1703957433882.png

1703957705523.png

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I saw Dire Straits Live at the Commodore Ballroom, in Vancouver (it holds 990 people) October 22, 1980.
I saw Mark Knopfler in concert at the Queen Elizabeth Theater in Vancouver September 10, 2015.

Both were fabulous shows. An amazing artist. I hope those CDs are great.
Great seeing a band in a smaller venue . I saw them on their Brothers in Arms tour at the Hartford civic center and they filmed the audience for the Walk of Life video which was cool every time they ran it on MTV. Saw Knopfler a few years ago and his guitar still sounded amazing. Looking forward to listening to more live music.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I always wanted seperates for a stereo system only because I think its kinda cool. I scored the following for a $525 Cdn . All it took was a 6 hour round trip and gas to get them. It was demonstrated by the seller and it all works. All Yamaha: power amp is a MX-600U, pre-amp is a CX-600U, and tuner is TX-530

View attachment 64894

View attachment 64895
looks great congratulations! I felt the same way and was happy when I got my Rotel separates. Looks cool and sounds great. Enjoy!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
A live concert of The Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues. Performed in 2017 or 2018.
Days of Future Passed Live.jpg

It's done with a live symphony orchestra and is really good.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Nice. I always liked the Moody Blues and have a few of their cds and lps. My favorite song is The Story in Your Eyes.
To me their early era albums have so many great songs it would be hard for me to choose. I pretty much love them all. The albums Days of Future Passed, Question of Balance, Lost Chord, Threshold of a Dream, Seventh Sojourn, To Our Children's Children's Children. There are no mediocre songs. Every Good Boy Deserves a Favor is a bit weak though. Story in your Eyes is really the only strong song on that album.

There are far fewer excellent songs on their late era albums. Only The Voice (Long Distance Voyager) Your Wildest Dreams (the Other Side of Life) and I know you're Out there Somewhere (Sur La Mer) come to mind.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
To me their early era albums have so many great songs it would be hard for me to choose. I pretty much love them all. The albums Days of Future Passed, Question of Balance, Lost Chord, Threshold of a Dream, Seventh Sojourn, To Our Children's Children's Children. There are no mediocre songs. Every Good Boy Deserves a Favor is a bit weak though. Story in your Eyes is really the only strong song on that album.

There are far fewer excellent songs on their late era albums. Only The Voice (Long Distance Voyager) Your Wildest Dreams (the Other Side of Life) and I know you're Out there Somewhere (Sur La Mer) come to mind.
In order my favorite Moody songs are the story in your eyes, then nights in white satin, and ride my seesaw. JMHO anyway.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Moody Blues are a great band. Unfortunately I never saw them live. Love their albums. An excellent blend of music and poetry. I Have a box set that has many of their best songs. Isn’t life strange. Have you heard-the voyage-and have you heard redux sounds awesome. Question is probably my favorite.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Bursting Out by Jethro Tull 2004 remaster arrived today. Bought the A box set used today. Have 2 more box sets on order. Can’t afford the Stand Up box set because it’s out of print. same issue with A Passion Play and Too old to Rock and Roll. Have the others. That should do it for now. The Tull box sets are the best. They Look like books so look great on the wall like a library. Most have 80+ pages of info and pictures and CDs and DVDs loaded with extras and they are reasonably priced when they Are first released. Other classic bands should follow their lead for reissues.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
A live concert of The Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues. Performed in 2017 or 2018.View attachment 64905

It's done with a live symphony orchestra and is really good.
I have this Blu-ray as well. When I bought it, it was just on a spur of the moment, and it was a great buy. I was worried a bit that it would be substandard but for the most part it exceeded my expectations.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well got myself a New Years gift, since I got nothing for myself for Xmas. As most you know I love photography.
Got it last night, but was tired, so here she is...The Canon R10 Kit(Refurbished SALE :eek: from Canon)is a bit bigger:pthan I thought it would be, so it's a big plus with my semi large hands. I've got about nine Canon lens, so hopefully I'll be able to use them with the lens adapter when it arrives in 2-3 weeks.✌ Battery charging...

IMG_20240104_124309.jpg

IMG_20240104_124407.jpg

IMG_20240104_124531.jpg
IMG_20240104_115458.jpg

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Very nice Jose, is that a mirrorless camera ? Keep us posted as to how you like it and how the lens adapter system works out.

I've been contemplating a purchase as well but only if I don't have to abandon my current Canon lenses

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice Jose, is that a mirrorless camera ? Keep us posted as to how you like it and how the lens adapter system works out.

I've been contemplating a purchase as well but only if I don't have to abandon my current Canon lenses
Yes thanks :cool: it's a mirrorless camera! I did a lot of research on YouTube. It was half price on Canon website, so I got it. It's back to the normal price now. The lens adapter ($30) from China will be here at the end of the month or sooner I hope.

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Paul Gilbert tribute to Hendrix CD I found while late night shopping. Good reviews. Good price. The only one available.
IMG_3706.jpeg
Japanese import. Coming today. Will check it out tonight.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A few things came in...
This album came in a couple of days ago. I forgot the show I was watching but really dug a tune. Looked it up and found out it was these guys.
IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

This switch came in which will allow me to use my main speakers for my Yamaha separates stack and AVR setup.
IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

I picked up my 2nd kayak today. I bet I was the only one in Ottawa to have this strapped to the roof of their car today.

IMG_0585.jpg
IMG_0587.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Oops forgot to tell you that I ordered this rack for my separates..

1704573281950.png

This will be a close match to what I have now for my AVR stack...

Main48.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis