What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Glad to hear. I'm away on a long road trip to Palm Springs. Today we made Santa Barbara after seeing the Hearst Castle (WOWo_O) I won't be home to unbox the unit until the 15th, so any questions should follow then.;)
Excellent. I have driven by Hearst Castle many times and still have not gone lol. We want to go to Solvang in Dec.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Let me just say that I was part of a class action against AT&T for not giving that rebate card when they did fiber in my area. It took the class action suit and one year before they finally did it.
How long ago was that? and if you know, are they giving those customer reward cards faster? I returned the Cox router- modem box today. Cox associate goes oh, you're going to be charged on early termination fee $120 because you have some credits, Guess I'm going to find out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
How long ago was that? and if you know, are they giving those customer reward cards faster? I returned the Cox router- modem box today. Cox associate goes oh, you're going to be charged on early termination fee $120 because you have some credits, Guess I'm going to find out.
It was years ago, but sounds like they are offering pretty much the same thing.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
It was years ago, but sounds like they are offering pretty much the same thing.
I just got alert on my cell phone from ATT an email at 4:40pm today with a pin code and a link to their AT&T reward center. Just finished the claim gave me a tracking number. Guest a class action lawsuit lit a fire under them. At the bottom of the email, " once you claim your reward. your reward should arrive within 3 weeks" shall see.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just got alert on my cell phone from ATT an email at 4:40pm today with a pin code and a link to their AT&T reward center. Just finished the claim gave me a tracking number. Guest a class action lawsuit lit a fire under them. At the bottom of the email, " once you claim your reward. your reward should arrive within 3 weeks" shall see.
I think they learned from their mistake lol.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I think they learned from their mistake lol.
As I was responding to your comment my phone went off it was for an email so I opened it up and it was an AT&T email from their rewards center saying to click the link to claim my reward. But Here's the catcher it's for a 150 not 400. So I click the link on the site to claim the full $150 reward. I than jumped on a chat with a AT&T Associate they assured made that I will get the rest, once 30 days has passed of service so we shall see you still may be right brother.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My latest movie purchases

IMG_0211.jpg
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg

The original Stargate, Hellboy2, and Sahara are replacements for the DVDs I own. These DVDs will be added to my trailer collection.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Topping E30II Lite.

It works. System sounds great but I am too lazy to do any A/B with and without and my system sounded pretty killer to begin with. Still, since I use a PC for my audio mostly (same associated laziness), I figured I was supposed to try this and either put it to rest, or live even happier ever after? I have tried other DACs, and I don't recall them taking away from the quality, at least. I just didn't keep after it, and opted for less hardware and cableage across, behind my desk.

I reckon I'll notice over the next few days if there is any worthy difference, or not. I have it connected to my AVR from the PC for 2-channel. FLAC files from the PC as well. I haven't bought anything for awhile so WTH. I have the Patricia Barber Distortion of Love album on and perhaps it's just the quality of the recording that's the star here, or the 3 Guinness I had with supper. Either way, it's certainly not taking away or harming anything. I am really in a listening mood, too so. . .

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Grateful Dead magnets for the back of my car to go with the plate frames. Now how long until a bump causes one to fall off?
2023 11 10 15 10 33.jpg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Never liked the name "Grateful Dead"
It implies that being alive is less than ideal...which is nihilistic and kinda Emo.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
It implies that being alive is less than ideal...which is nihilistic and kinda Emo.
I think that they picked it on a lark never expecting to be a success.

Ya, I agree. The name is a bit creepy to the uninitiated and probably turned some people off from giving them a try.

The name doesn't fit their music.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
The Shining DVD 3-part miniseries from the 1990s. Since I stayed there recently, I wanted to watch the version that was actually filmed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have accumulated all of the wood, metal and fasteners for my new speaker stands and stereo rack for my office. Build thread to come.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe it means that we’re all dead in the end, and they’re grateful for life while alive. (As opposed to taking it for granted). Just a thought…

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Maybe it means that we’re all dead in the end, and they’re grateful for life while alive. (As opposed to taking it for granted). Just a thought…
That’s a positive way to look at it. Also the skeleton imagery turns some people off. I find it cool but that’s me. Took a while for my grandkids not to be afraid of the skull and roses sticker on my iPad. They could have chosen an even more obscure name. squirrel nut zippers comes to mind.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Battle of 2 Note Takers (reMarkable2 & Kindle Scribe)

Truth be told really looking at the Boox Air 3 C or Tab Ultra C Pro, but I already have the latest Ipad Pro 12.9 and seems redundant to have another tablet, even if it is eink.

• Back to basics. Work let me expense the reMarkable2, so I will see if a barebones B&W no light tablet with great software is enough.
  • Basics + Kindle Store. Backlit, higher res screen, with weaker note taking software and features, even though it is catching up. I still read a lot of books and they are all in the kindle library. I do want to have a backlit unit.
Got a great deal on the Kindle, trade in my 5 year old alexa device get $5.00 off lol, BUT gave me an additonal 20% of the Kindle Scribe making it only 245 w/pen for 64GB version. This is vs 469 (which includes case) for the Remarkable.

We shall see which one I use. If it's a Kindle then I will give my reMarkable to a member on my team, otherwise 30 days to return the kindle.

Side Note: I need to clean the cat hair off my keyboard! lol

Tablets.jpg

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I hadn't bought one yet, but looking at a newer ipad or a Surface Pro.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis