What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got tix to Crosses in SF. They are only doing 4 shows across the US so far and they had to add a second date to the 3 individual shows because they sold out very quick. Side band for Chino Moreno of Deftones.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up a used PSB Subseries 1 subwoofer for the computer speakers. The subseries 1 is the little fellow sitting on top of the bigger PSB.

IMG_9439.jpg
IMG_9440.jpg
IMG_9441.jpg
IMG_9442.jpg
IMG_9443.jpg

I have placed it here for the time being. I have to prepare stuff for the camping trip so I'll experiment with placement next week sometime.

IMG_9445.jpg
IMG_9446.jpg

I cranked it up and the lil speakers still remained composed

IMG_9444.PNG

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Single handedly propping up Apple’s quarterly sales…
:rolleyes:
updating my 10 yr old iMac and ~15 yr old iPad:

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Keyboard with iTouch and numeric pad
Magic Trackpad

Topped off with a Dell Ultrasharp U2723QE 27” 4K Display

And I’m done.

Really.

(Except I need to update my external drives. *sighs)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Trackpad

And I’m done.

Really.

The Monitor showed up DOA. Had to return... but Amazon is slow-pitching my refund. So I went through Dell and picked up a replacement monitor, up-sizing from the U2723QE to the U3223QU...
It arrived today and works perfectly, as best I can tell. :)

And it is glorious!

Next to my old 2013 Intel iMac with the 27" screen, the first Dell looked downright petite, side by side. (Of course the bezels on the iMac are like 12" wide, and then there is that Jay Leno Chin the iMacs all have... :p But actual viewable screen was the same.)
Now with the 32" Display next to the iMac, it is a little wider... and still shorter!!! (Not including stand on either.)

But
It
Is
GLORIOUS

(Clearly this is what the universe intended. ;) )

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Might have to purchase the new WIIM Pro Plus. Better Dac and much better rca output into a receiver or integrated amp than the WIIM Pro. Hopefully Audioholics will review it soon.
Pulled the plug and ordered the WIIM. I will report back after I hook it up and actually listen to it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

M2 Pro Mac Mini
10th gen iPad
AirPod Max
Magic Trackpad

And I’m done.

Really.

Damn dude. Didn't want to spring for the Apple display?

I'm trying to convince my job I need a Mac Mini for testing. I'm not lying, but I don't "need" it. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Damn dude. Didn't want to spring for the Apple display?

I'm trying to convince my job I need a Mac Mini for testing. I'm not lying, but I don't "need" it. :)
Def not springing for the Apple display! Even upgrading to the 32” Dell is cheaper!!! ;)

Wait til the m3 Mac minis come out, then you should have a much easier time convincing them it’s worth investing in, along with that Mac display!
:p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bought our tix and flight to LA for Halloween Horror Nights. It is going to feature Evil Dead Rise, which was a solid reboot and

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
A pair of these. Just incredible. I'm smitten.

View attachment 63071
Very cool plate. Looks like you got the Reference 1 Metas. How would you describe the sound? What were your former speakers? Please compare and contrast the sound thanks. I auditioned the R3 Metas in the cool blue with matching stands and dual subs but went back to my towers.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Very cool plate. Looks like you got the Reference 1 Metas. How would you describe the sound? What were your former speakers? Please compare and contrast the sound thanks. I auditioned the R3 Metas in the cool blue with matching stands and dual subs but went back to my towers.
The previous speakers were 2019-2021 Reference 1 in the same Silver Satin Walnut finish as these demo model Meta version that I got from my dealer for a great price.

The difference was far more than I expected because a few years ago I owned LS50's and got LS50 Meta to put in another room. I was able to compare those back-to-back and the difference was subtle and IMO only noticeable to someone who listened to the original version a LOT. I deemed the upgrade in LS50/LS50 Meta to be "not worth it" if paying full price...which I didn't.

With the Reference 1 versus Reference 1 Meta, it was so obvious the improvement that within 15 minutes I knew these demo models weren't going back. (My dealer and I had already agreed upon a price if I liked them.) The highs were just a touch smoother, and even my son who runs Q series and couldn't detect the difference in LS50/LS50 Meta *did* notice with these. There's far more though. I surmise that by virtue of the MAT taking away virtually all back feed emanating the tweeter from the Uni-Q chamber, the mid-range frequencies were even more pronounced in being cleaner and more coherent. In re-engineering the crossover network to compensate for the Metamaterial Absorption Technology, the bass output also seems to be better-defined and deeper.

This was not something subtle to my ears this time. Was it a quantum leap? No, but the upgrade is DEFINITELY worth the differential between what I sold my 2.5yr old Reference 1's for and what I paid for the Reference 1 Meta. The older ones were posted within hours of hearing the new ones and the sale was closed within 24 hours. I'm going to my dealer with their S-RF1 stands after work today to pay him for the speakers and return the stands. (My original Reference 1 stands are the same bolt pattern but WAY better quality!)

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The previous speakers were 2019-2021 Reference 1 in the same Silver Satin Walnut finish as these demo model Meta version that I got from my dealer for a great price.

The difference was far more than I expected because a few years ago I owned LS50's and got LS50 Meta to put in another room. I was able to compare those back-to-back and the difference was subtle and IMO only noticeable to someone who listened to the original version a LOT. I deemed the upgrade in LS50/LS50 Meta to be "not worth it" if paying full price...which I didn't.

With the Reference 1 versus Reference 1 Meta, it was so obvious the improvement that within 15 minutes I knew these demo models weren't going back. (My dealer and I had already agreed upon a price if I liked them.) The highs were just a touch smoother, and even my son who runs Q series and couldn't detect the difference in LS50/LS50 Meta *did* notice with these. There's far more though. I surmise that by virtue of the MAT taking away virtually all back feed emanating the tweeter from the Uni-Q chamber, the mid-range frequencies were even more pronounced in being cleaner and more coherent. In re-engineering the crossover network to compensate for the Metamaterial Absorption Technology, the bass output also seems to be better-defined and deeper.

This was not something subtle to my ears this time. Was it a quantum leap? No, but the upgrade is DEFINITELY worth the differential between what I sold my 2.5yr old Reference 1's for and what I paid for the Reference 1 Meta. The older ones were posted within hours of hearing the new ones and the sale was closed within 24 hours. I'm going to my dealer with their S3-R stands after work today to pay him for the speakers and return the stands. (My original Reference 1 stands are the same bolt pattern but WAY better quality!)
I am psyched for you Ken. My summer did not turn out how my wife and I planned so we did not get to do any trips. I still hope to hear them some day.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry to hear that. I don't think you're all that far from me, so would you have any time to run to Spencer MA over the long weekend?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Unfortunately no. Too long a story to explain other than someday I will learn to say no when it comes to helping friends with their businesses. (IT)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief

This was not something subtle to my ears this time. Was it a quantum leap? No, but the upgrade is DEFINITELY worth the differential between what I sold my 2.5yr old Reference 1's for and what I paid for the Reference 1 Meta. The older ones were posted within hours of hearing the new ones and the sale was closed within 24 hours. I'm going to my dealer with their S-RF1 stands after work today to pay him for the speakers and return the stands. (My original Reference 1 stands are the same bolt pattern but WAY better quality!)
Thanks for your reply. sounds Like an improvement in highs, mids and bass which is ideal And a good deal to boot. Good for you enjoy!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Dali Helicon 300MKII. These were my dream speakers for a long time. Only thing I have heard that I would trade up for are your Ref 1's. I swear I don't know how these can produce the level of clear spl and bass for a floor stander. This integrated gives me the option for 2 subs but don't think that will ever happen.
1000000626.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis