What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Somebody got a good check this week. :) How do you like the sub and remote(I have the UR50)?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Woohoo! I just won this MB Quart QL C304 center channel for about 80 bucks shipped on eBay. Score! zieg, you'll be happy to know I'm replacing my RCA center soon. :)

Npeart

Npeart

Junior Audioholic
^^Somebody got a good check this week. :) How do you like the sub and remote(I have the UR50)?
The remote is great. Well built, easy layout. Nice way to consolidate all your remotes. The sub is SB-1000. I live in a one-bedroom apartment and couldn't go too big, but this sub is plenty. A great addition to my 2.0 system to matched with my Paradigm 20's. I'm very happy with it.

Switzerland, Belgium and Amsterdam in October. It was a very good year.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Have a great trip and enjoy your new toys. I'm happy as heck with my PB1000. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Rojo you are a complete man now! Congrats. :) Z eat your heart out. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
LOL My wife'll be thrilled now that I'm a complete man.
What do they go for new? How do you like them? Even more Important how does the wife like them? :) Pics please. Oh wait you just won them.:eek:

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, haven't even gotten a shipping notice. The auction said to allow 3 days for shipping. I can be patient, especially if it means the difference between a rushed packing job and a well-protected one. I would hate if it arrived damaged because I told the seller to hurry up.

They came out in 2000. This center was in the budget line, retailing around $300. I've read a few people's observations about them and gotten a few hints of what to expect.

People have said they're tonally bright -- which might've been a big deal before the days of Audyssey corrections. So I read that as airy, like my Vera bookshelfs.

I've read that the enclosure is heavy and solid, much denser or better braced than a similar class Paradigm center anyway.

And the drivers and crossover are designed in-house, I think using the same materials as the drivers in my current Quarts.

The finish and binding posts aren't as high quality as my Veras, but the QL series was a budget line. I suspect what it looks like will have little effect on the sound.

There's a good chance this center will timbre match my Veras I think. We'll see. I feel like Christmas is coming.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bet they will be miles ahead of the RCA center though. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
And the drivers and crossover are designed in-house, I think using the same materials as the drivers in my current Quarts.

There's a good chance this center will timbre match my Veras I think. We'll see. I feel like Christmas is coming.
Well one can always wish upon a star.:)

However, they will be different

The build quality of drivers and crossover will be different

However, it should be a nice step-up from the Optimus/Rca - It should be
more clean/clear and open, with better detail and definition.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just activated my NEW S5... The screen had a minor defect when I got it, but it was only like 1 pixel and it was on the edge. Unfortunately, it spread and ended up becoming a line across the top through the status bar on the left side. It has been less than 2 weeks and they replaced it free of charge. I just have to spend the time to get this one setup back to where I had gotten the other one though.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Did not buy > however, down-loaded Mozilla Firefox
I fired Google Chrome

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
w00p! I just ordered a Rapoo e9090p keyboard for my HTPC. I've been waiting for these to be released since last year. There are finally some sellers on AliExpress selling them. I pre-ordered one several months ago from an AliExpress vendor, but they were forced to cancel my order due to production delays. Hopefully this time I'll have better success.

The Rapoo e9090p is a 5.8GHz wireless keyboard with a multitouch-capable touchpad, illuminated full-size keys, and inductive charging. It promises to be the best keyboard for interacting with a PC from the couch. We'll see after a 5-day "processing time" (whatever that means) and another 2 weeks or so to ship by ePacket. Rapoo has manufactured several devices to be rebranded by Logitech and others, so they have a solid reputation. And my current Rapoo e9180p keyboard is great, other than its scissor keys' not having illumination.

Anyone else want to take the gamble with me and adopt early?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Got a refund. Seller sent a DVD instead of BD, so now I'm happy since it got awful re-views.:D I'll Netflix it when I'm bored.
I rented this because M-GO gave me 2 free movie rentals with my Roku 3 and I still think I should be refunded the $4.99 it would have cost m if I paid for it, this has to be on my top 10 list of worst movies ever.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I rented this because M-GO gave me 2 free movie rentals with my Roku 3 and I still think I should be refunded the $4.99 it would have cost m if I paid for it, this has to be on my top 10 list of worst movies ever.
That's quite a ringing endorsement. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis