What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Doobie Brothers-Best of
The Cars-Greatest Hits
Santana-Best of 2 cd set
Jim Croce-Greatest Hits

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
On sale or not.

LOTR the Hobbit +1

I choked on my popcorn the first time I watched the horses come out of the raging water to wash the dark lords away. Had read the book but the visual was so much better. You can tell Andrew Jackson loved the books.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I only rented the 2D version but was interested in owning the 3D. Despite a lot of complaints from reviews, I thought the first Hobbit film was good. Yes it has some extra stuff that doesn't seem to help much, but I enjoyed it. I did skip the EE versions because the reviews said nothing that was added was a big benefit.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got mine today and also Thor. I've read it's better than the 1st. one. I'll watch this weekend.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Logitech K400r wireless keyboard to use with the Fire TV. I sideloaded Firefox and this keyboard works great with it.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Seat post dropper for my mtn bike. I get it tomorrow. So excited.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I also bought a Logitech keyboard - however for the PC

Also, switched to DuckDuckGo as the new search engine,
to use with Mozilla Firefox.

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
w00p! I just ordered a Rapoo e9090p keyboard for my HTPC. I've been waiting for these to be released since last year. There are finally some sellers on AliExpress selling them. I pre-ordered one several months ago from an AliExpress vendor, but they were forced to cancel my order due to production delays. Hopefully this time I'll have better success.
Well, it happened again. I got a PM on Ali Express this morning from the vendor apologizing, saying they advertised the wrong keyboard, asking if I would be interested in the model I already have instead. Ali Express vendors should really stop teasing me like that.

In other news my new old MB Quart center should arrive Monday, and I've got a rope light arriving tomorrow. So I've still got toys coming. :)

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
The Peltors are great - used them in the Air Force and still do on the job and for lawn work. gotta save what hearing I have left for my other hobbies:)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I just took a pair of wireless Aperion Zonas off zhimbo's hands. :) (He packs for Armageddon, btw. Great job.) These are really sweet and reasonably powerful speakers as mini-monitors go. And I like the on-board bass/treble controls (wirelessly engaged, natch). Many thanks, Z.

I put 'em in the garage. The only problem...now I have to get to working on my projects done and spend some time on the old exercycle that's out there. :(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
The Peltors are great - used them in the Air Force and still do on the job and for lawn work. gotta save what hearing I have left for my other hobbies:)
I have another pair and love them, but I keep leaving them in my little work area so I figured getting a second pair to always have one handy wouldn't be a bad idea. Like you said, gotta protect that hearing ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this exact CD during intermission of the classical music concert I attended yesterday evening.

Mendelssohn was only 14 years of age when he composed this which is truly amazing. According to the folks I bought this from, the double concerto doesn't get recorded that often nor does it get played alot. Its too bad as it truly is a remarkable piece of work by any measure.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
More than I thought that I'd ever spend on nozzles, but they got really good reviews, so hopefully they work well.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Manfred Mann - Soul of man, instrumentals

What I got seems to be a Japanese release, judging by the Asian type face and text all over this album. :D

Sound quality is awesome and clean to my ears, but my vinyls is so worn, anything would have sounded better. This one made me real happy. It was an expensive pre-order, but it rewarded me with a sound better than I had ever heard it in, because the vinyl I had was an original pressing album my father bought used, in 1970 or 1971, and he played it on a crappy suitcase-type turntable with a bad, cheap stylus enough to ruin the record. Later, once I was born and old enough to play music, I proceeded to further the wear and tear on this record from very early on in my childhood all the way to today. (Well, actually, up until two days ago...) :rolleyes:

Jean Michel Jarre - Chants magnétiques

Replaces my old, damaged (by a family member) vinyl, which was the original first pressing. I was in such a state of excitement when I got this, my better half said I was like a kid on his first trip in a candy store.

Vangelis - L'apocalypse des animaux

Replacing a CD that suffered minor, mostly aesthetic damage, but annoying enough for it to drive me crazy. Scratch on printed surface and liquid stain on paper insert. (Lent it to a friend, came back like this...)

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
I bought this exact CD during intermission of the classical music concert I attended yesterday evening.

Mendelssohn was only 14 years of age when he composed this which is truly amazing. According to the folks I bought this from, the double concerto doesn't get recorded that often nor does it get played alot. Its too bad as it truly is a remarkable piece of work by any measure.
Is this "ASIN: B004WEHLDE" ?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis