What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Ill have a look at them again

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Wireless Lenovo W770(B) headset from the bay. Bought for Skype, etc,. Mix reviews on it, but for 20 bucks should work fine. Hopefully it will last a couple of years.
Gotta say these work real nice. Call voices come in nice and clear. For music it's ok, but missing some bass(was thinking of exchanging the drivers with my ATH SQ5, but not sure they would fit? I think I'll leave them alone, for now). Can't beat it for the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

Yeah I know, but I like these type of movies. 12 bucks on bay.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Nicely placed how about a full setup shot? Congrats.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Full setup shot (Missing larger TV set.) :rolleyes: More shopping to come...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks real nice man. Hey I started with a 22 inch Vizio, so don't complain. :) Looking at your setup bring back memories when I had my Stereo stand. Both which are gone now. :(

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Could go as far as to say it's a two way with a triplet squawker
Not really. 2-way, 3-way, 4-way all imply how many times the design splits the frequency range between drivers (either singles or multiples). So the infinity beta has 2 crossover points, which means it splits things between the tweeter, midrange, and a dual woofer alignment. I'm guessing the dual woofers is so that they can keep the sensitivity high-ish to more closely match the mid and tweeter.

J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Not really. 2-way, 3-way, 4-way all imply how many times the design splits the frequency range between drivers (either singles or multiples). So the infinity beta has 2 crossover points, which means it splits things between the tweeter, midrange, and a dual woofer alignment. I'm guessing the dual woofers is so that they can keep the sensitivity high-ish to more closely match the mid and tweeter.
Ah... Never dawned on me that the crossovers defined the "ways"... I always associated that with the number of speakers and tweeters. :eek:

Thanks for the info. Makes me wonder why no one ever corrected me on this mistake, though... Now that I know, it seems rather obvious... :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice! Do they make one of those that plays all formats! (Sacd, DVD-a, etc)
love to hook one up to my 3020 in the offfice.
I don't know. Didn't look...but now you have me thinking that I should have. :) I actually just wanted a BD-ROM drive, but the writer's seem more common this year, so I decided to go ahead and get one. I hardly ever burn discs anymore, but it will be nice on occasion to have a handy optical drive for my Macs.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice! Do they make one of those that plays all formats! (Sacd, DVD-a, etc)
love to hook one up to my 3020 in the offfice.
AFAIK, Foobar used to have a plugin that was supposed to be able to let you play both SACD and DVD-A, although I'm not sure what kind of drive you needed. Other than that, I'm 90% sure there isn't a commercial PC drive that advertises SACD compatibility due to Sony not trusting anyone.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I happen to find despicable me 1 and 2 today on eBay so I purchased them

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

JMJVK

Audioholic
Foobar2000 does have a plugin, but it only lets you play an ISO image, which has to be made using an older playstation (newer firmware killed the capability) and with some software plugin/mod.

It works well. But for hard copy, you may have a much tougher time. I've tried playing my SACDs on my VAIO Laptop PC, which is equipped with the original OptiArc Blu Ray disc drive, and no luck. I've done a fair amount of reading, and so far, it's pretty much unanimous: Unless you own an older VAIO desktop version PC, it just won't happen. Something about the laser's lens focal length makes most drive incapable of reading the SACD layer, though some might "Detect" a DVD, starting software to read it will yield failure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis