What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I bought a new DAC. SMSL SU-9. The internal dac in my Denon is limited and this gives me full DSD as well as MQA if I ever go there.
I really like my SMSL DAC. I didn't go with one that supports MQA, but it's got everything else. Good stuff for the money.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yeah, I would have went with the n model without it if I could have gotten a similar deal to this one.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a new DAC. SMSL SU-9. The internal dac in my Denon is limited and this gives me full DSD as well as MQA if I ever go there.
I had bought one of those as well. The remote control it came with was faulty though the unit worked fine. The seller (on Amazon) wanted to exchange the whole package rather than replace just the remote, so I sent it back as they wished and bought the Gustard DAC X16 for a little less and I like it a LOT more.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I had bought one of those as well. The remote control it came with was faulty though the unit worked fine. The seller (on Amazon) wanted to exchange the whole package rather than replace just the remote, so I sent it back as they wished and bought the Gustard DAC X16 for a little less and I like it a LOT more.
That is nice. The dual ES chips was what I wanted but didn't want to kick out that much cash. I got a decent deal on the SU-9 so I am happy.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I added / replaced some movies in my collection. Hoping the new 4k restoration of "Boy On a Dolphin" is far superior than the ugly DVD I had!
"We're No Angels" DVD replaces a VHS tape, all the others I've never seen before!

IMG_4640.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
✌☔☕My first time getting anything Ozzy solo and Metallica at TS yesterday for $1 each. :eek: :eek: :eek: Hopefully I'll find more. Another 3D I heard was visually great that I've never seen.
IMG_20230204_092015.jpg

also bought this Focal center used yesterday.☕Will hook up after work today.

IMG_20230201_174501.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Couldn't resist any longer, have one of these on the way....and just noticed this isn't in steam vent like I thought it was....not audio, but wouldn't be the first time otoh :)

sur-ron x.jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In an effort to right this derailment ... Denon AVR 991.

But not for me. I get to set it up though and I did drive up to Cambridge to pick it up so ...

125 watts / channel into 8 Ohm, 20- 20k ... ya know?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can you huck it?
It is possible but not generally my style/skillset. A little air now and then but I wouldn't call it hucking :) Possibilities of breaking bones at my age in order to learn isn't too enticing :). There's plenty of guys sending these pretty big on youtube, tho (but best to make some mods first).

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I am really surprised how heavy the box is on this 2-channel Integrated! Marantz Model 40N Will be unpacking shortly.

Done unpacking lol. Build quality looks to be rock solid, like the binding posts and the remote has some heft to it. I am spoiled with Class D, This 2 Channel Class A/B weighs a lot.

40n.jpg

40nF.jpeg
40n1.jpeg

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a pair of Cardas balanced (XLR) M-F 1.5m long interconnect cables to run between my Gustard DAC X16 and the inputs on my Luxman L-505uX II integrated amp. I bought them off eBay for just under $35 shipped. I only needed them because the 1m long ones I had were too short to tie up and hide.

When I called my dealer to ask what were the cheapest 1.5m XLR cables he had in stock, it was Audioquest Golden Gate cables @ $324. a pair!! These will do fine.

Here's the weird thing: They were sold to me from China and shipped from there, yet the cabling itself has markings stating that it's Made In USA! Nice.

Attachments

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Bought a pair of Cardas balanced (XLR) M-F 1.5m long interconnect cables to run between my Gustard DAC X16 and the inputs on my Luxman L-505uX II integrated amp. I bought them off eBay for just under $35 shipped. I only needed them because the 1m long ones I had were too short to tie up and hide.

When I called my dealer to ask what were the cheapest 1.5m XLR cables he had in stock, it was Audioquest Golden Gate cables @ $324. a pair!! These will do fine.

Here's the weird thing: They were sold to me from China and shipped from there, yet the cabling itself has markings stating that it's Made In USA! Nice.
Nice vid about Cardas…

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BJC does that with HDMI cables. They ship the raw wire there to make the terminations and ship them back to sell as the labor costs provide a savings. Weird is right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

That's simply illegal but Customs doesn't enforce this like they did in the old days, corporate crap tends to overcome....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That's simply illegal but Customs doesn't enforce this like they did in the old days, corporate crap tends to overcome....
What about that transaction is illegal??

BTW, the eBay ad made NO claims to being "Made in USA." All it said was that they used genuine Cardas interconnect cable and never mentioned that *it* is made in USA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis