T

trochetier

Audioholic
LOL reminds me of many "user fees" applied to imports into the US instead of calling them duties/taxes. (I'm a former US Customs broker).
Nearly half of FDA's budget today is funded by User Fees. It started in 1990s the Congress refused to fund the Agency in full out of taxes. In lieu the Pharma industry agreed to pay User Fees so FDA could hire more MD and Ph.D for drug application evaluation (review) and upgrade technology to speed up drug approvals. Prior to that secretaries were typing and retyping revisions and edits to handwritten evaluations.

The Pharma industry in turn simply built-in the User Fees in their prices and passed it to the patients.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
"ON TRUMP" topic, there are million's of deranged people's minds, that will vote for Trumpy. We have that many NUT HEADS in America?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Hillary Clinton gives Trump his well deserved comeuppance in her speech at DNC with the enthusiastic crowd shooting "Lock him up". This time Trump is a convicted felon waiting for his sentencing in September, unlike Mrs Clinton that was not charged of anything.
In terms of sentencing Trump, Judge Merchan is in an interesting (for lack of a better word) position:

>>>Mr. Trump, the first president to become a felon, faces up to four years in prison. But legal experts believe it is more likely that Justice Merchan will sentence Mr. Trump to a few months in jail or probation.

Whatever his punishment, Mr. Trump is unlikely to be incarcerated before the election. Even if the judge hands down the sentence on Sept. 18, he could postpone any punishment until after Election Day, or, if Mr. Trump wins back the White House, until after his second term expires.<<<(emphasis added)

My best guess is that Trump will get probation, but that's just a guess.

In related news, Trump's efforts to move the case to federal court were promptly rejected by a federal court judge:

>>>NEW YORK (AP) — A federal judge on Tuesday swiftly rejected Donald Trump’s request to intervene in his New York hush money criminal case, spurning the former president’s attempt at an end-run around the state court where he was convicted and is set to be sentenced in two weeks.

U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein’s ruling — just hours after Trump’s lawyers asked him to weigh the move — upends the Republican presidential nominee’s plan to move the case to federal court so that he could seek to have his conviction overturned in the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court’s presidential immunity ruling.<<<

It's conceivable that judge Merchan will still rule in Trump's favor on the immunity issue. I don't expect him to do so, but it's not a trivial issue.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And his uncle taught at MIT for years. I don't know how in the world that has anything to do with Donald, but he sure talks about it a lot. :)
One of Donald's relative, not sure which one not, did a bunch of his homework from that person talking about it on TV.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Fake news!

Here's looking at you. ;)

The irony. :rolleyes: (I honestly don't think conservatives care how hypocritical they are.)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Why does it seem that most "sane" celebrities oppose Trump? Maybe it's just my perspective but most of the celebrities that support Trump seem a little off (like the man himself)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Why does it seem that most "sane" celebrities oppose Trump? Maybe it's just my perspective but most of the celebrities that support Trump seem a little off (like the man himself)
You seem to have answered your question. :) Sanity prevails more amongst them. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis