What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
lol, no need. Nobody wants to steal a cat off an STI. They want the Prius ones because they are so clean so they have the most platinum.
Yeah. My buddies GF who lives in NYC has lost two on hers on the last year. They are apparently easy to pull as well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw this release recently (2022 release date) and picked up a copy.....hey, it's only 42 years later :) But glad they had some more to share....

satnight.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Much better (and far cheaper!). Replaced the Kimber Kable banana style connectors (that had a tendency to pop out) with spade connectors.

These came with shrink tubing as well. I already had the cable pants, so was a quick swap.
I think I had bought the same ones about 8 months back. Work GREAT, look cool.

I check the tightness of the binding screws on both my speakers and my amp regularly. Not even a hint of a loose connection.
Ref-1_Back2.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think I had bought the same ones about 8 months back. Work GREAT, look cool.

I check the tightness of the binding screws on both my speakers and my amp regularly. Not even a hint of a loose connection.
View attachment 59956
Those wings look like they could supply just a bit extra torque without resorting to tools like I have with the roundish ones....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The top ones look like guitar adjustment nuts.
Didn't even notice the difference until you pointed it out....or is it just the angle? Doesn't look like it's just the angle....and why would you put different ones on? To feel in the dark? In either case I like the flats for application of torque....

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Didn't even notice the difference until you pointed it out....or is it just the angle? Doesn't look like it's just the angle....and why would you put different ones on? To feel in the dark? In either case I like the flats for application of torque....
The top and bottom rows (same shape) are the binding posts; the middle row (different shape) is to engage or disengage the connection between +/+ or -/- binding posts (most speakers have a metal strap or jumper cables). Engaged for single wire connection, disengaged for bi-wire. Fancy!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
@John Parks has it correct. The KEF speakers which come with dual binding posts have an internal "Link" instead of external jumper bars for use when you're using common single-amp, single-wire connections. The Links in my photo are tightened for single-wiring, as I only have one amp and am not one to believe there's any benefit in bi-wiring just because I can.

You're not seeing the HF terminals in my photo. On the Reference series, we get those Rhodium-plated binding posts, and they are pure joy to use. Yes, increased torque.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I bought a new DAC. SMSL SU-9. The internal dac in my Denon is limited and this gives me full DSD as well as MQA if I ever go there.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I bought a new DAC. SMSL SU-9. The internal dac in my Denon is limited and this gives me full DSD as well as MQA if I ever go there.
I really like my SMSL DAC. I didn't go with one that supports MQA, but it's got everything else. Good stuff for the money.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Yeah, I would have went with the n model without it if I could have gotten a similar deal to this one.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had bought one of those as well. The remote control it came with was faulty though the unit worked fine. The seller (on Amazon) wanted to exchange the whole package rather than replace just the remote, so I sent it back as they wished and bought the Gustard DAC X16 for a little less and I like it a LOT more.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I had bought one of those as well. The remote control it came with was faulty though the unit worked fine. The seller (on Amazon) wanted to exchange the whole package rather than replace just the remote, so I sent it back as they wished and bought the Gustard DAC X16 for a little less and I like it a LOT more.
That is nice. The dual ES chips was what I wanted but didn't want to kick out that much cash. I got a decent deal on the SU-9 so I am happy.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I added / replaced some movies in my collection. Hoping the new 4k restoration of "Boy On a Dolphin" is far superior than the ugly DVD I had!
"We're No Angels" DVD replaces a VHS tape, all the others I've never seen before!

IMG_4640.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
✌☔☕My first time getting anything Ozzy solo and Metallica at TS yesterday for $1 each. :eek: :eek: :eek: Hopefully I'll find more. Another 3D I heard was visually great that I've never seen.
IMG_20230204_092015.jpg

also bought this Focal center used yesterday.☕Will hook up after work today.

IMG_20230201_174501.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Couldn't resist any longer, have one of these on the way....and just noticed this isn't in steam vent like I thought it was....not audio, but wouldn't be the first time otoh :)

sur-ron x.jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In an effort to right this derailment ... Denon AVR 991.

But not for me. I get to set it up though and I did drive up to Cambridge to pick it up so ...

125 watts / channel into 8 Ohm, 20- 20k ... ya know?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis