What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
But it is a GOOD boring. :)
LOL for some I know, just too damn boring to me. This is a lot more fun to me. My grandfather was a huge fan, tho, was president of three different golf/country clubs during his life; he even hired a local champ to tutor me when I was a kid but all I could think about was something more fun to do, like riding my bike or playing baseball or skating or a bunch of other things. Hot sweaty Chicago summers weren't helping, tho. Tried again as an adult with a mountain bike buddy whose wife liked to golf, but even a very pretty course with sufficient libation in the golf bag just didn't do it for me :) YMMV.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Older I get, the less I care about how ridiculous I may look, doing just about anything. At least with clothes on. Lately it's been RC off road vehicles. Why? The running gear fascinates me. I have wrenched on vehicles since I was 6. So much so, that I grew to hate it. Well, this is different. Same types of systems, minus the busted knuckles and grody fingernails. Like anything else, these days, a default path to upgrades and other modifications, along with an entire market of aftermarket parts and accessories to keep one busy tinkering, if they want.

Anyway, I bought this Redcat Gen8 V2 Scout. Fun stuff.

I had another, but it paled in comparison to the Scout, so I tore it all apart, and redesigned the suspension from the frame on out, and made a contender out of it. It started out life as some bargain basement, cartoonish monster truck. I raised the motor and transmission an inch, put new axles with accommodations for multilink, new, OEM styled wheels and tires, cutting out fenders and adding flares. Toyota Hilux.

I welded the center skid, suspension mount together at work. It's based on equal length, parallel links. Pinion angle remains constant throughout the suspension travel range.

I have also shortened the bed an inch, for clearance.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Filter album is good. I had that exact copy when it came out a LONG time ago.

They have some random, but good, songs on a few movie soundtracks as well. The Crow City of Angles is one that comes to mind.
Yup, same here. I also still have a CD of the single "Hey Man, Nice Shot", which has like 5 completely different mixes on it.

The guy that started this band Filter was the touring guitarist for NIN before this band.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
@MrBoat That much more cool when you get into your own fabrication. I was into model railroads but just lack the space in our current home. Coming from Europe, it's all N-scale, but you still need a fairly large dedicated space for that hobby.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Yup, same here. I also still have a CD of the single "Hey Man, Nice Shot", which has like 5 completely different mixes on it.

The guy that started this band Filter was the touring guitarist for NIN before this band.
The whole Short Bus album is on Filter's YouTube channel, including the various remixes. I liked the music after my first run through and plan to buy the album.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The whole Short Bus album is on Filter's YouTube channel, including the various remixes. I liked the music after my first run through and plan to buy the album.
Its a really good album. To me, Filter sounds like a mix between Tool and NIN .

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up two pairs of Alpha Minis and an Alpha Midi (center channel) off of Kijiji because I wanted slightly smaller surround speakers hanging over my head in the bedroom. :p

IMG_6091.jpg
IMG_6092.jpg

Their dimensions in inches are (W x H xD) are 6 1/2 x 10 3/8 x 9 3/4 and weigh 8.8lbs each verses 7 3/4 x 12 3/4 x 9 1/2 and weigh 10lbs each. They will replace these

bedroom-14.JPG
bedroom-14.JPG

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Older I get, the less I care about how ridiculous I may look, doing just about anything. At least with clothes on. Lately it's been RC off road vehicles. Why? The running gear fascinates me. I have wrenched on vehicles since I was 6. So much so, that I grew to hate it. Well, this is different. Same types of systems, minus the busted knuckles and grody fingernails. Like anything else, these days, a default path to upgrades and other modifications, along with an entire market of aftermarket parts and accessories to keep one busy tinkering, if they want.

I had another, but it paled in comparison to the Scout, so I tore it all apart, and redesigned the suspension from the frame on out, and made a contender out of it. It started out life as some bargain basement, cartoonish monster truck. I raised the motor and transmission an inch, put new axles with accommodations for multilink, new, OEM styled wheels and tires, cutting out fenders and adding flares. Toyota Hilux.

I welded the center skid, suspension mount together at work. It's based on equal length, parallel links. Pinion angle remains constant throughout the suspension travel range.

I have a few RC cars, but no crawlers (yet). Crawling does look fun, esp if you have limited space.

Most of my stuff is related to back yard bashing! I really like the Short Course Truck category, it's kind of like the RC equivalent of stadium truck racing. I have a couple SCTs (Turnigy Trooper), 4 wheel drive, front/back/mid diffs. Fun stuff, and they go FAST! All sorts of upgrades available. The only catch-- Pretty much every time I take them out, I end up breaking something so it's a cycle of run/break/repair/run/repeat. At least I have plenty of spare parts!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have a few RC cars, but no crawlers (yet). Crawling does look fun, esp if you have limited space.

Most of my stuff is related to back yard bashing! I really like the Short Course Truck category, it's kind of like the RC equivalent of stadium truck racing. I have a couple SCTs (Turnigy Trooper), 4 wheel drive, front/back/mid diffs. Fun stuff, and they go FAST! All sorts of upgrades available. The only catch-- Pretty much every time I take them out, I end up breaking something so it's a cycle of run/break/repair/run/repeat. At least I have plenty of spare parts!
In all honesty, off-roading actual trucks also ends with you breaking something so the cycle is the same. The price, however, is not the same.

Sure is fun though!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja

I am building a back yard course, at my leisure. Sometimes take my coffee out there in the AM. Kind of a decent way to start the day. Made a video for my grandchildren so that they may be inspired to make things for themselves.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Boat!!!!! Hope you’re well!

Yeah man. That Gen8 is such a good truck. Right out of the box even, just a great truck. My son has one. I have a TRX4. It’s good, but not as good as the redcat. I do like the two speed tranny and lock/unlock diffs. We have some other bashers too. 4x4 slashes, brushless rustlers. Try that on 3S. Just stupid. Can’t hardly control it.
Crawling is definitely cool. We do a “pick a line” challenge where we alternate choosing a line up a hill, and whoever fails loses the round. Kind like “horse” without the basketballs lol.
Have fun out there! Hope you still turn them JBLs up for me once in a while!!!

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Boat!!!!! Hope you’re well!

Yeah man. That Gen8 is such a good truck. Right out of the box even, just a great truck. My son has one. I have a TRX4. It’s good, but not as good as the redcat. I do like the two speed tranny and lock/unlock diffs. We have some other bashers too. 4x4 slashes, brushless rustlers. Try that on 3S. Just stupid. Can’t hardly control it.
Crawling is definitely cool. We do a “pick a line” challenge where we alternate choosing a line up a hill, and whoever fails loses the round. Kind like “horse” without the basketballs lol.
Have fun out there! Hope you still turn them JBLs up for me once in a while!!!
I do enjoy those JBLs, and they get used often. I have them connected to my 100wpc Icepower kit amp and my tube pre, that was also a kit. One of my most fuss free systems in the house. I can sit down with those and a stack of CDs and get lost for hrs. I keep them in top shape.

The little Hilux is a straight axle, while the redcat has portals and significantly larger tires. You really have to pick good lines with a straight axle. I take my coffee in the mornings out there before work sometimes. I have gotten better at driving them. I have a 3s in the redcat. I also added a better (Hobbywing 1080) ESC and radio, tucked in the bumpers and raised the sliders for noticeably improved clearance all around.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Digging myself further into the cult of Apple LOL...

Apple Macbook Pro 16 M1 Max Pro 10 Core CPU / 32 Core GPU / 32GB Ram / 1TB HDD ...way overpriced o_O
- Seriously on the audio side, you will never find a laptop that sounds this good out of the box. The screen isn't
bad either

I still try to use the touchscreen like on my dell...yep no touchscreen :)
macbook.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This weekend, I picked up was considered to be Yamaha's professional cassette deck, a C300. It looks a lot like a KX-1200 except that it also has differential input and outputs. Here are some pics. The seller also tossed in a few NOS cassettes.

IMG_6098.jpg
IMG_6099.jpg
IMG_6100.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks great. How does it sound? What are you going to record?
Its at the shop to get a belt replaced. I asked the tech to go over the unit and give it a thorough cleaning. It will become my main recording deck once serviced.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1640729310761.png

New couch from Ashley to replace an almost 9-year-old couch. I have been sitting at a 40 degree or so downslope on this couch even after putting an insert under the cover. I never thought I'd be so happy to get a new piece of furniture. Should be delivered next week.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis