What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
34” ultrawide monitor arrived today to replace the 40” TV. I miss the extra resolution from the TV but I think I’ll get over it. Plus whenever I get back to playing games I think I’ll appreciate this even more

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
34” ultrawide monitor arrived today to replace the 40” TV. I miss the extra resolution from the TV but I think I’ll get over it. Plus whenever I get back to playing games I think I’ll appreciate this even more
You will. I very much enjoy mine. I bet yours will have some sort of VRR capability too which really helps smooth things out in games.

paspolc

paspolc

Audioholic Intern
I upgraded my hifi speakers from Elac debut 2.0 b6.2 to Elac dbr62, very happy with the choice made, they sound perfect.

Pasquale.
20210517_181547.jpg
20210517_181527.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Didn't actually BUY, but got in for free today from Salamander Designs a complete set of 8 of their rubber isolator "washers", 8 of the steel washers, and 8 of the hex nuts. I had e-mailed them telling them I wanted to buy them to add a shelf to my Salamander Designs Archetype 3.0 stand, a shelf I already owned.

They took almost a week to reply, but when they did they simply asked for my mailing address and said they'd send them, gratis. A week later, I got them and now have 4 shelves on the 28" tall rack.

On top, my E.A.T. C-major turntable (Ortofon Quintet Blue m/c cartridge.) Second shelf, my $200 Emotiva USP-1 pre-amp. Third shelf is my Bluesound Vault 2 and Schiit Mani phono amp. Bottom shelf is my $100 Carver M-1.5t power amp. It's a "2-channel Frankensystem" of new somewhat expensive stuff (the E.A.T. turntable and KEF Reference 1 speakers), combined with "budget oriented" pieces. Sounds incredible though, primarily because of the speakers, lots of headroom on the amp, and incredibly good acoustics in the room.

Yeah, it was a quick toss it together. I'll do wire management this coming weekend. :)

Archetype_4_oh.jpg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Apple is love/hate on this site, but I more of a Tech than Audio Nerd. Looking forward to traveling for work again, so in preparation, got a new tablet for the plane. I am an Apple stock holder, so have to support the company I guess ;) Until Android makes a tablet worth buying, Tab 7S+ was not good
  • Apple Ipad Pro 12.9 5th Gen M1 512GB WiFi - The Mini LED Screen is simply amazing
  • Apple Magic Keyboard (Too Heavy, Too Expensive, but works so well)
  • Apple Magic Pencil
  • Apple AirTag for Keychain & Wallet
Work provided me an Iphone 12 Pro Max and I already have the Apple Watch
Still my go to phone is my Android OnePlus 9 Pro - Everything else, Apple
M1Ipad.jpg

M1Pad2.jpg

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Parasound P/PH-100 Phono Preamp

preamp.jpg

Mine has rack mount holes on the face plate in case I have a 9" rack I guess. What-ev. $75 on CL. Gotta be better than the K-Mart Special I was given gratis. Been spinnin' and grinnin' for an hour or so. Yup ... sounds 75 bucks better.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Apple is love/hate on this site, but I more of a Tech than Audio Nerd. Looking forward to traveling for work again, so in preparation, got a new tablet for the plane. I am an Apple stock holder, so have to support the company I guess ;) Until Android makes a tablet worth buying, Tab 7S+ was not good
  • Apple Ipad Pro 12.9 5th Gen M1 512GB WiFi - The Mini LED Screen is simply amazing
  • Apple Magic Keyboard (Too Heavy, Too Expensive, but works so well)
  • Apple Magic Pencil
  • Apple AirTag for Keychain & Wallet
Work provided me an Iphone 12 Pro Max and I already have the Apple Watch
Still my go to phone is my Android OnePlus 9 Pro - Everything else, Apple
View attachment 47872

View attachment 47871
For the life of me I'll never figure out why they refuse to put macOS on the iPad pro. Missing out on a huge part of the market. If anyone can add true, quality touch controls to a desktop OS, it's Apple.

I've got a nice Win 10 tablet, but their touch interface just sucks. It worked great for watching movies on the plane when I had to travel for work, but I'll never do that again on the regular. I can't stand planes or hotels.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I feel you. My truck is getting it's fenders trimmed because tires didn't fit well enough. It never ends. But it'll be awesome when it's "done". :)
Once the tune and associated parts are in I should be "done". There will be no more bolt ons I could get at that point. lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Once the tune and associated parts are in I should be "done". There will be no more bolt ons I could get at that point. lol
I wish I could say that. There are so many bolt on options for cummins motors it's insane. I could easily have a 700hp+ truck with drop in parts and tuning. I'd destroy my transmission, but a few upgrades and that won't happen either since mine was built before I got the truck. Saved me at least $5k.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, the whole issue with the car came to a head about 2 weeks ago. Ended up with the dealer buying my car from me at a not so great of a price. Spent the last 2 weeks looking for a replacement and having plenty of difficulty. Used car market sucks, asking prices high and cars not really as good as they should be for those prices.

While talking to a friend, he said one of his friends was about to sell a car and offered it to me before he put it up for sale so I took a look. Have not closed the deal yet because it needs to get smogged before selling in Ca. but as of now, agreed to buy it. It is a 2010 STI hatchback. Hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I wish I could say that. There are so many bolt on options for cummins motors it's insane. I could easily have a 700hp+ truck with drop in parts and tuning. I'd destroy my transmission, but a few upgrades and that won't happen either since mine was built before I got the truck. Saved me at least $5k.
Look at what happened to a Cummins motor at a recent diesel truck performance show:

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
My wife and I just sold off our rental house. The final closing was last Friday. Cheque is in the bank. Enough to pay off our mortgage on our house, and have a nice chunk left over.

I persuaded her to let me take a small piece of it (6k) to spend for myself. Just ordered my new L/C/R Paradigm Premiere 800F & 600C speakers in the Espresso Grain. Dealer said 10~14 days before they're in. Can't wait.

That's 3,700$ of my 6k gone. By next week, I should have about another 1,200$ saved up as well. What to spend the remaining 4,500$ I'll have on ;) (looking at an ATS, maybe an external amp, or maybe save up for a new AVR)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Look at what happened to a Cummins motor at a recent diesel truck performance show:

I saw that. Insane, but I don't ever plan on going to that high a horsepower level. Those guys are nuts. That is a lot of cash burning away.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis