What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I got my scented tealight color coded candles in for my Fifth Element "Stones" Candle Holders for the bathroom off the home theater room. I had to take all but blue out of their holders as the holders were too large in diameter to quite fit in the holder (probably not a good idea to light those ones).

Fifth Element Stones Loaded S.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought the Syllable S101(logo reminds me of SONY) last night. These are the last TWS I'll be buying for a long while, hopefully these will be like my Anbes 359 SQ wise. Price, TWO DYNAMIC DRIVERS AND TWO BA DRIVERS, 10hr battery, ACC & APTX is the reason I'm getting these.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I bought the Syllable S101(logo reminds me of SONY) last night. These are the last TWS I'll be buying for long while, hopefully these will be like my Anbes 359 SQ wise. Price, 10hr battery, ACC & APTX is the reason I'm getting these.

Let us know how you like them. I think my next purchase (earphone/headphone wise) will be a TWS set, so I am shopping around!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Let us know how you like them. I think my next purchase (earphone/headphone wise) will be a TWS set, so I am shopping around!
Hi JP,

I highly recommend the Anbes 359(I got them for $30 on amazon lightning sale. usually they go for $45)Incredible wide soundstage, sparkly treble without any sibilance, tight punchy bass, aac, etc. I have 4 other TWS pairs which are good, but those are my number 1. Someone said that these S101 are in the same league and better. We will see.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi JP,

I highly recommend the Anbes 359(I got them for $30 on amazon lightning sale. usually they go for $45)Incredible wide soundstage, sparkly treble without any sibilance, tight punchy bass, aac, etc. I have 4 other TWS pairs which are good, but those are my number 1. Someone said that these S101 are in the same league and better. We will see.
Hi JP,

I bought the Anbes for the wife for $30. She really likes them. I have never tried them.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
My new 512GB SSD internal SATA drive arrived today as well (plan to change my old Macbook Pro's Hitachi 7200 RPM spinner out to SSD). Just finished my external backup to boot from it once I install the new blank drive (next step).

SataSSD512s.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Hey, this arrived too (Egyptian Horus necklace whose basic design was what the Raiders of the Lost Ark Staff of Ra Medallion was based on, red 'sun' above bird head became jewel in bird's eye. The feet and ankhs were removed and two smaller red globes became the round "terminals" that the "Ohm" shaped gold band wrapping around the medallion connected to. The bird's head was changed with the bigger eye and the basic body remained more or less the same (there's an Egyptian medallion version as well but I can't find one to buy that they actually point to but it has the same basic design on it, but does have the "ohm" wire connecting the red spheres as part of its design being mounted on a round medallion backing. I've got a larger version with individual painted stones in the wings coming as well (an even more exact copy of the real necklace they found in Egypt as this one is smaller with gold wings, but that is actually closer to the Staff of Ra from Raiders in that sense as it was all gold plated save the bird eye jewel). (I've attached a Raiders medallion and a picture of the Egyptian medallion to compare). (First image, new neclace, 2nd image Raiders "Imam" Medallion it resembles, third the real medallion from Egypt, 4th the other necklace I have on order. (to compare differences).

Egyptian Necklace Small One.jpg

Headpiece Imam S.jpg
RealStaffOfRaHeadpiece.jpg
EgyptianPhoenixNecklace S.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Sony BDP-s3200
$8 from Goodwill. Not up to the newer standards, but as a simple CD, SACD, DVD and BD player it is great for the guest room system!.
The remote was even included! Woo-hoo!!!

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall

Sony BDP-s3200
$8 from Goodwill. Not up to the newer standards, but as a simple CD, SACD, DVD and BD player it is great for the guest room system!.
$8 and multi-region !? I need to start checking the Goodwill stores! :D

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
It probably isn't multi-region! Sorry, I just looked for an image for the model off of Google images!
I'll change it!
No worries, as there isn't a goodwill store nearby anymore! :p

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja

Sony BDP-s3200
Nice! I'm still using a BDP S390 that I bought new 6 or 7 years ago and it works great. Cost a bit more than $8 though.:)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Another Staff of Ra Headpiece from Raiders of the Lost Ark (solid bronze "MK" version with full staff included and show in the thumbnail below) arrived today.... (that's 8 now plus a lapel pin, also shown in bottom two images from two different cameras as it was hard to capture the detail; they're only 3/4" across compared to around 3.5" for the full sized ones). The staff is over 72 inches tall.

MK Medallion Staff of Ra S.jpgMK Medallion Back S.jpgMK Medallion Front S.jpg

Staff of Ra Lapel Pin.jpgStaff of Ra Lapel Pin2.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Curiosity got the better of me and I purchased a pair of PSB 500 for $75. They use an 8 inch woofer and a 3/4 inch soft dome tweeter. They stand 23" tall so I will have to set them on stands on the floor. The only issue with them are the front grills which are stretched in a couple of areas...other wise look really good.

1558977996038.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis