What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Western Digital just released a firmware upgrade that will allow DTS-MA pass through. This is the only media player to my knowledge that can do this. I'll wait to perform the firmware upgrade to make sure it doesn't brick the device. Its slower thanthe ROKU but its streaming capabilities from computers and NAS is just flawless.

Upgraded from the "1" to the "3"

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It IS a good flick, but once you know the reveal, not as much fun to watch again.
Yeah, but I have one card up my sleeve that may get around this sticking point....called .... AGE.... Soon, everything old will be new again. :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally a good deal on this steelbook.:D Really liked this movie and had to own it.
Its a good flick. Have it
Yeah, but I have one card up my sleeve that may get around this sticking point....called .... AGE.... Soon, everything old will be new again. :p
LOL. My G/F is the same way, and I don't consider us "old", but she doesn't have a good memory for movies. I stopped telling her she's seen some of them and she watches as if she's never seen it. Once in a while she'll say "HEY! I remember this..." half way through LOL.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Sierra 2 upgrade kit. No pics yet since there are no pics yet!
Cheers, Mac

connieflyer

connieflyer

Audioholic
My Project Ember headphone amp arrived today. Had been a fowl up in shipping, probably all the bad weather. About six hours on already with the Sennheiser hd 650 phones and am really loving the tube amp. Brings back alot of what I used to have back in the day, so to speak. Loved the tube sound back in the sixties and now with this amp, I am getting alot of the synergy that I experienced with the Fischer amps back then. Have not had time to change any of the settings yet, as this thing is sweet right out of the box. Had it built instead of kit form, was an electronics tech for years but after having the ends of a thumb and a finger tip cut off, not too good with the fine detail anymore. This amp, if you are interested is available here.....About Project Ember

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Bought a new Body solid LVSP, a couple weeks ago, it showed up tonight when I was getting out of the shower, and delivered freight with no phone call so I had to put it all together and then take another shower, life is hard...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got a lot of snow that'll probably freeze soon so I ordered one of these bad boys to get it all of the small hill/driveway I have to drive up and down everyday. It was an Amazon warehouse deal so we'll see how that goes.

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I recently bought a Pioneer BOTL AVR. It is not as good as my Yamaha RX-V375, but it sounds good. The internal DAC really makes my Sony CD changer sound better via the optical digital output. Peace and goodwill.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Just picked up two more epipens last night.

The prices keep going up on those things. It's ridiculous :(
$187.21 the first time
$245.03 the second time
$245.03 again
$309.16 this time

And I just discovered something called the Auvi-Q which is a much more convenient size. I'll try to get those from now on.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai

$187.21 the first time
$245.03 the second time
$245.03 again
$309.16 this time

And I just discovered something called the Auvi-Q which is a much more convenient size. I'll try to get those from now on.
You know what I've heard is good for allergies? Cil...:D

Have you ever tried acupuncture to help relieve your allergies? I know a guy who owned a bike shop and had allergies so severe he had to quit riding. He looked into acupuncture and after a few treatments... he was riding again.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

$187.21 the first time
$245.03 the second time
$245.03 again
$309.16 this time

That sucks man. With my mom's insurance I get them for only our copay price which is like $15, but that ends this September. That's not encouraging that I'm looking at those prices.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
You know what I've heard is good for allergies? Cil...:D

Have you ever tried acupuncture to help relieve your allergies? I know a guy who owned a bike shop and had allergies so severe he had to quit riding. He looked into acupuncture and after a few treatments... he was riding again.
Haha. No cilantro!

I haven't looked into acupuncture, but I am doing immunotherapy (allergy shots).

The epipens are for the food allergies (tree nuts). The environmental allergies were terrible in the past, but the shots have helped a great deal. Unfortunately there is no treatment for the food allergies...all you can do is practice avoidance.

Wow! Is that for one or both of them? Either way, that's dang expensive. I've only seen them in shows, and I never thought that they cost that much. Does insurance cover it?
It's for the two pack. They don't sell them individually. Insurance does cover it, fortunately (I'm having to pay 10%).

That sucks man. With my mom's insurance I get them for only our copay price which is like $15, but that ends this September. That's not encouraging that I'm looking at those prices.
Well, hopefully your insurance covers them as well. There's no reason for these things to cost as much as they do :/

Here's my medical insurance plan:
$1380 annual premium (increasing to $1428 next year)
$2000 deductible (work gives us an $800 fund that goes towards that, so $1200 OOP)
then $1500 coinsurance where you pay 10% until you meet the threshold
then they pay everything

So far I've met the deductible and I've also spent $780.09. If I spend another $719.91 in the next couple weeks, everything else will be free :D I did put $1600 in a flex spending account, but I spent 99% of it by February. I increased it to $2000 for next year.

After we get married my premiums will more than double and my deductible goes up to $3500 (I think the coinsurance increases as well). I'll be pricing out her plans as well of course. Depending on how much things cost, we might end up keeping separate plans :/

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis