What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The hobby can be fun - if one does open their speakers and hook them up. (just sayin')o_O:cool:

Well The IntelliTouch speakers came early - however, I could not resist
and had to open them up and give them a test run today!!

I do not have patience and resistance like some people!!!

All I can say is mercy, where was the marketing team - these things are
nice - they are built better than the original Paradigm Atom and Titan,
and the original PSB Alpha - I believe these speakers sold for a around
only $100 a pair. They must have been pushing them with their Intellitouch
EOS wireless converge AMP transmitter.

What is nice, is that there is no hogwash in the marketing specs. They
tell that they are 4 ohms and lower sensitivity and give a -3db at 70 hz.

Still early - however, I like them better than the Sound Appeal, Micca 42x
Pioneer BS22, Infinity Primus - and entry level JBL, plus those things from
Polk, Klipsch etc;

I finally was able to put the new tweeter in the Sound Appeal - and will
test it out later - hard to take the EOS down right now.

(pardon my slight edit of your post)
I looked these up and them still seem to be available (maybe) at ~$100 pair:
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=EOS150SP&utm_campaign=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base&gclid=CjwKEAjwx9KpBRCAiZ_tgYKWvhQSJABQjGW-z5NUHTZx6QveSm-FoWSsAsDIGxIjPZJuZ6-AkgAcHxoCRW_w_wcB

http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-EOS150SP-Eos-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0030II40W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429574188&sr=8-3&keywords=IntelliTouch+EOS

Not sure I'd order from SolidSignal (never heard of them) and the Amazon ad is shifty because it says "sold individually" at the top but Product Description says "pair" and the dimensions and weight would suggest a pair.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=EOS150SP&utm_campaign=base&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_base&gclid=CjwKEAjwx9KpBRCAiZ_tgYKWvhQSJABQjGW-z5NUHTZx6QveSm-FoWSsAsDIGxIjPZJuZ6-AkgAcHxoCRW_w_wcB

http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-EOS150SP-Eos-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B0030II40W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1429574188&sr=8-3&keywords=IntelliTouch+EOS

Not sure I'd order from SolidSignal (never heard of them) and the Amazon ad is shifty because it says "sold individually" at the top but Product Description says "pair" and the dimensions and weight would suggest a pair.
They are sold as a pair - they come packed as a pair - Amazon needs to
fix their ad.

Solid Signal so far, seems like a good company with overall good company
reviews. (however, one has to make their own choice.)

I am testing these speakers hard - and given them a good shake down - This
is the most that I have been impressed in a long time with speakers.

I ran them against the modded Cambridge S30 - and I was really shocked at
the overall performance of the EOS bookshelf.

Somebody did not care about design cost - they are over-built and over designed
for the selling price of $100 a pair.

However, I may be losing my sanity.:)

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan

Amazon ad is shifty because it says "sold individually" at the top but Product Description says "pair" and the dimensions and weight would suggest a pair.
I think the individually means separate of the EOS wireless sound package.
They were offered separate by IntelliTouch to use as stereo speakers.

When you move down to product description on the Amazon page, this is
how it reads. >>
UNICATIONSch Communications EOS 5" Bookshelf Speakers (paiEOS 5"
BookshelfSpeakers (pair) - Sold as pair.

However, someone bought that pair that they had in stock. Maybe some more
will show up at Amazon.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
However, someone bought that pair that they had in stock.
Wow! Isn't that something?:rolleyes::)

I want to spend a little more time evaluating the "good" SuperZero, but I'm really not feeling I have use to keep them. Needing to send one back anyway makes it an easy call. They are impressive for the size, but unless you need the compact form factor, why would you?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Love spending other people's money !
Got the Ooma and HD2 handset today. Setup was a breeze, including the wireless adapter. Called my parents just to test it out and everything worked great. Still need to set up the voicemail, but that can wait.

In other news, my ebay purchase should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully everything arrives in one piece and UPS hasn't dropped kicked it to my door.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Wow! Isn't that something?:rolleyes::)

I want to spend a little more time evaluating the "good" SuperZero, but I'm really not feeling I have use to keep them. Needing to send one back anyway makes it an easy call. They are impressive for the size, but unless you need the compact form factor, why would you?
While they are nice/decent, I could not live with the SuperZero long term -
the EOS is the better speaker and has the bass.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Your comments regarding the S30 was what clinched it for me, I always wanted to check them out.
I am kind of assuming that since you were shocked at its performance against your modded S30, that it was close competition for the stock S30. Either way, the list of speakers you felt it bested makes it a fun one to check out.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Your comments regarding the S30 was what clinched it for me, I always wanted to check them out.
I am kind of assuming that since you were shocked at its performance against your modded S30, that it was close competition for the stock S30. Either way, the list of speakers you felt it bested makes it a fun one to check out.
It takes a little time to adjust to the EOS sonic sound signature.

As in all things audio - we may hear things a little different. They are
not perfect and some speakers can do some things better than others.
I put the EOS in the same league as the S30. However, the S30 has
10 hz more bass.

The EOS has the better crossover over the Stock 30.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Solid Signal has the EOS bookshelf speakers for $107 shipped ($109 for 2-day shipping) if anyone cares. Edit: Never mind. Still waking up this morning. I just read farther back and saw KEW already linked them. Pretend you didn't see this. As you were.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Both Used. Suppose to have excellent sound quality. I will use these to do more testing(fun last night) with the HSU's(fantastic with Jazz. Horns sound amazing, but more later on my setup thread.):

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Both Used. Suppose to have excellent sound quality. I will use these to do more testing(fun last night) with the HSU's(fantastic with Jazz. Horns sound amazing, but more later on my setup thread.):
You start with the HSU - then work yourself up to the JBL Studio 530.:)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If they go down in price I may bite, but until then my JBL S500 will do a great job. :) You need to get them before they go up in price.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
If they go down in price I may bite, but until then my JBL S500 will do a great job. :) You need to get them before they go up in price.
I am still thinking about them - however, my MB Quarts give me
better sound than a lot of headphones would.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like we're going to convert the kid's setup to Pioneers from Miccas simply because the center channel that I ordered a month ago is still MIA with no ETA. I already have the C22 that I picked up and have not been using since my AVR got stolen up there and I only have the PM7200 integrated. So I gave them the center, just need to pick up some BS22s. Really should just do the AALs, but they already need to do something different just to use the C22. They had to take an unexpected trip to Oregon so funds are limited, and I'm keeping tight control on my expenses as well.

Z, did you get the Miccas and what did you think?

These were on sale last week so I bought one. Seemed pretty interesting for the sale price

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099QUSGM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Yamaha have arrived - and I am in the early stages of listening.
However, they seem to fall short of the over-built and and the over
designed/engineered IntelliTouch EOS passive bookshelf speakers.
The Yamaha are not doing well - as they are more on the annoying side
They are not balanced well, and even with the bigger cabinet - their bass
is weak and not tuneful.

I am going to try and work with them more - They do not have much damping
material inside - however, looks like they will still get fired. Even the Pioneer
is better than the Yamaha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis