What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Z, did you get the Miccas and what did you think?
I understand why you like them - however, they did not do it for me.

The Micca to me sounds thin, hollow and nasal on voices - and are thin
and vague with instruments and have a little excess ssszzz. All in all,
even with the better crossover, the Micca sounds less rounded and full,
and the drivers tend to sound scratchy. The tweeter is a decent one for
their price.

All budget speakers can tend to pick up some of these traits - however
with the Micca, it is a little more noticable and annoying to me.

They are still one of the better speakers under $100 - Plus, they are a nice
option to work as surround speakers on a tight budget.

Some day when you can work it out - you should try them AAL speakers.:)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
All in fun. I already have a nice sounding bluetooth X3 speaker(think it was 15$ on ebay) for any occasions. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I am kind of assuming that since you were shocked at its performance against your modded S30, that it was close competition for the stock S30. Either way, the list of speakers you felt it bested makes it a fun one to check out.
One recommendation - play them with the grills off - the grills tend
to interfere with the overall sound.

I am still playing them against the modded Cambridge - which I am
still surprised by the overall presentation of the EOS. Now the modded
S30 is over-all better, because of the mod and is a little more smooth
and balanced.

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
These are pretty heavy duty,was impressed because they were priced so cheap.
51gw94WcekL._SL1000_.jpg
Silverback Speaker Wire by Sewell, 12 AWG, OFC, 259 Strand Count, 10 ft Terminated

Last edited:
Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
I take this everywhere,fits in my pocket- I bought a few of these,and loaded up the TF cards with thousands of songs for gifts.

[Upgraded Chip]VicTsing® Sliver Super Bass Hi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker Portable Mini Wireless Speaker Support Hands-free Function TF Card Built-in FM Radio
61J+vimG0fL._SL1000_.jpg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
While they are nice/decent, I could not live with the SuperZero long term -
the EOS is the better speaker and has the bass.
So I checked delivery status on my EOS speakers and they should arrive tomorrow. While I was there, clicked on the link and saw price dropped from $110.01 to $103.81. Me Scot's blood found its happy place and I contacted Amazon via Chat:
You are now connected to Manoj from Amazon.com
Me:ORDER #
108-7695724-9569XXX
Ordered on 4/20/15 for $110.01 and price has dropped to $103.81 (speakers not yet delivered).
Manoj:Hello, my name is Manoj. I'm here to help you today.
Me:Thank you
Manoj:Let me check that for you, Kurt.
Thanks for waiting.
Me:np
Manoj:I've issued a credit to your Amazon.com Gift Card balance for the price difference in the amount of $6.57. We can only honor one price drop per item.
The credit will appear on your Gift Card balance in 1-2 business days. You can view your Gift Card balance and activity here:
(link removed) (See full link)
Me:thank you
Manoj:You're most welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today? 
Me:no thanks
Manoj:It was my pleasure helping you out! Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon. Have a Great one! Bye!
To close this window, please click the "end chat" button with an X in the upper right corner of the window.
Take care!
I knew they had an unwritten rule to refund discounts within 7 days of delivery date, but since they are temporarily out of stock (probably one reason they dropped the price), I wasn't sure they would! Since they only honor one price drop per item, I need to avoid checking the price again.;)

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
So I checked delivery status on my EOS speakers and they should arrive tomorrow. While I was there, clicked on the link and saw price dropped from $110.01 to $103.81. Me Scot's blood found its happy place and I contacted Amazon via Chat:
Yes, I noticed the price change myself - glad they took care of you.

I am starting to realize more and more - that we are paying more for
our so-called 2 day free prime shipping.:)

One thing for sure - they are modest with their 83 db sensitivity rating
They seem more sensitive than that - I am finding that I tend to have
to turn down the volume and not up.

Since you are use to the Pioneer and Energy speakers - you may be taken
back, by the EOS sound signature - they have more of a somewhat robust
stage presence, that closer to the front feeling. However, they have a good
dimensional sound field - it will be an adjustment for some people.

I am one who believes that bass can get a little better after a couple of days,
and to me the bass got a little better - however, the Pioneer will have more
bass.

You should be surprised by the size and weight of the speakers.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I take this everywhere,fits in my pocket- I bought a few of these,and loaded up the TF cards with thousands of songs for gifts.

[Upgraded Chip]VicTsing® Sliver Super Bass Hi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker Portable Mini Wireless Speaker Support Hands-free Function TF Card Built-in FM RadioView attachment 15704
Looks like one of my camera lenses. :) The X3 exceeded my expectation for a cheap small speaker. Dialog/Music sounds clean and not over bassy when playing through my tablet. I've had it since Nov of last year ans so far so good.

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
Looks like one of my camera lenses. :) The X3 exceeded my expectation for a cheap small speaker. Dialog/Music sounds clean and not over bassy when playing through my tablet. I've had it since Nov of last year ans so far so good.
I have one similar to yours on my laptop,for traveling.Yes you are right,mine looks just like a camera zoom lens,I believe it was manufactured as such,it is made of heavy metal.I wash my drop cloths from work at the laundromat,when I play this little thing outside people are amazed of the sound,has good punch for a measly 3 watts.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I have one similar to yours on my laptop,for traveling.Yes you are right,mine looks just like a camera zoom lens,I believe it was manufactured as such,it is made of heavy metal.I wash my drop cloths from work at the laundromat,when I play this little thing outside people are amazed of the sound,has good punch for a measly 3 watts.
+ It beats paying $50-100 for basically the same sound/build quality as well. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

[Upgraded Chip]VicTsing® Sliver Super Bass Hi-Fi Bluetooth Speaker Portable Mini Wireless Speaker Support Hands-free Function TF Card Built-in FM RadioView attachment 15704
The photos don't show where the card gets plugged in. Is it contained within the profile of the speaker (for carrying without concern of damaging or ejecting the card)?
Also, when playing from the card, is there anyway to shuffle?
Does it start back at the beginning every time, or does it remember last played song and start there.

I'm probably asking too much for a $14 speaker, but I know my use would be intermittent and I would probably end up listening to the first 3 songs 95% of the time if it always restarts at the top of the list.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just ordered this (region free) from the UK including shipping for less than half of what it costs me in either Canada or the US.

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
The photos don't show where the card gets plugged in. Is it contained within the profile of the speaker (for carrying without concern of damaging or ejecting the card)?
Also, when playing from the card, is there anyway to shuffle?
Does it start back at the beginning every time, or does it remember last played song and start there.

I'm probably asking too much for a $14 speaker, but I know my use would be intermittent and I would probably end up listening to the first 3 songs 95% of the time if it always restarts at the top of the list.
Your questions are most welcome my friend,not a problem.The card slot is on the lower side,just below the volume adjustment ring.I never had the card eject on me,and I have had it in my pocket,backpack,on my bicycle,and even my scooter,even dropped it a few times ,it has passed the bump test for sure.The only con,is no shuffle,you have to advance one song at a time,individual artists songs are all grouped together.When you turn it on,it plays the song that was playing,when you turned it off,so it picks up where it left off ,but at the beginning of the song.This cannot be daisy chained with another one,for 2 speaker use,and there is no head phone output either.If you want to use the FM radio,I suggest plugging in the usb charging wire provided,it also works as an antenna.I use an old (clean lol)tube sock to store it in my back pack to prevent damage to the finish and the grill.If you purchase this,be sure to remove the protective plastic from the rubber pad on the bottom,if not it will dance when its playing loud.
My finger is pointing to the TF card slot in this pic.Hope that helps
rsz_snapshot_20150423.jpg
NOTICE ,in this video you can see the reviewer has not removed the plastic film covering the rubber grip ring on the bottom,as a result it dances.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How is the bass on yours G? Mine has nice bass, but not boomy. Mine is the same no shuffle while SD card is in. It also plays by alpha order by folders. The radio is pretty good too.

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
View attachment 15710
How is the bass on yours G? Mine has nice bass, but not boomy. Mine is the same no shuffle while SD card is in. It also plays by alpha order by folders. The radio is pretty good too.
I`m quite impressed by the sound,the bass for its size is better than expected.Mine looks less impressive than yours ,but it works good.:D
51-qWCFKsqL._SX300_.jpg

Ematic EP205 Accessory Kit for Tablets and iPad with Bluetooth Speaker
Brand Name Ematic
Item Weight 12.6 ounces
Product Dimensions 8.9 x 2 x 7.4 inches
Item model number EP205
Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Power Source Type Battery
Connectivity Technology aux/bluetooth/usb/wireless

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, shuffle would be ideal, but as long as it doesn't start over every time, I can live with it. I like the idea of a 2" long 2" cylinder self-contained with hours of music!

I went with Black and Gold (hopefully the gold coating/plating is durable).

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
With the volume up loud I get about an hour and a half play time on battery.I bought 2 gold ones as gifts,and had to buy a different brand other than the [Upgraded Chip]VicTsing®. in order to get them in gold.
It turned out the gold ones I bought were the first release of this product run,the batteries died on my friend after 6 months,and the driver was different ,slightly smaller.This was the inferior one I purchased
ValuePad Portable Mini Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Super Bass for Cell Phones, Computers and Tablets (Golden Stainless Steel Band)

My proof of purchase on Amazon

2 of ValuePad Portable Mini Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Super Bass (Golden Stainless Steel Band)

Sold by: ValueChain LLC (Ships from TX) Product question? Ask Seller
$13.71
\n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
\n","header":"Buy it Again"}">
\n \n \n Cancel\n \n \n
\n","header":"Buy it Again"}"> Buy it Again
Return or replace items Ask Product Question Write a product review Archive order

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis