What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Ordered Micca MB42X and the matching center for the kids because the center is on sale for $60 today. Their Boston Soundbar died so they're without sound except TV speakers. Grabbed my dad's old receiver for $0 since I bought him a brand new one for Xmas, so it will be a quick, cheap system for them. Will run the MB42X through their paces in my setup first and report back once they're here.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I see you really like the Micca's. :) I would have liked your thoughts on the NXG 4.1. Maybe one day you'll give them a go. I'm still enjoying mine.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Holy cow, I've been away too long. Afterlife has a new avatar!

I ordered the Disney WOW calibration disc last night that should arrive by tomorrow. For the life of me, I can't find the two calibration discs that I bought years ago. I remember looking for them a while back, too, and couldn't find them.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Changed it 2 days ago maybe it was approved today. :)
A Change Will Do You Good - Sheryl Crow
Got the Spiderman 2 and Boxtroll 3D BD's and Fury BD. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I see you really like the Micca's. :) I would have liked your thoughts on the NXG 4.1. Maybe one day you'll give them a go. I'm still enjoying mine.
They wanted something small due to space constraints and I was hoping for the BS-22s to be on sale, but the matching center is too big for their setup. The Miccas are smaller than the Pioneers, so that's kind of the main reason :) Plus then I get to try them out (42X is the one with a x-over) :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Holy cow, I've been away too long. Afterlife has a new avatar!

I ordered the Disney WOW calibration disc last night that should arrive by tomorrow. For the life of me, I can't find the two calibration discs that I bought years ago. I remember looking for them a while back, too, and couldn't find them.
Thanks for noticing :rolleyes:

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
A couple of new blu rays may come today since amazon delivers small packages through our post office on Sundays

Acoustat

Acoustat

Full Audioholic
You may or may not have any use for this, but someone without any calibration that wanted
a limited system check could try tracks 4 and 5 on this Carver disk. Free online play.
Track 6 does a couple quick log sweeps, but not so useful.

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=407
I have the disk. Thought it was pretty cool in the late '80's.

My recent purchase besides a new F15HP sub was an optical cable to run to my AVR
since my dumb smart TV has no HDMI outs. Now when I stream youtube, Hulu or Netflix
I can actually play it over my AVR, not just the pitiful TV speaker :)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
New Yammy receiver, the very first thing I noticed without even plugging this into the power source was /is the binding posts on the back they are 50 % stronger than the ones on my Pioneer sc 37 The yammies don't move ,not even a little bit.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
Just picked up another James loudspeaker M1000 Sub Amp.

I think I better stop at Six. HA...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hugo was good, Guardians was oddly creepy but I liked it, didn't like journey or spy kids at all.
I had Hugo on regular BD but it got ruined. Saw Guardians on DVD like 2 weeks ago and really liked it. Are you talking 3D with Spy and Jouney or story wise?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Story, didn't see the others in 3D. TinTin was good in 3D also.

Micca 42Xs are getting delivered today.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
3D always makes a bad film a watchlble one, well that's what they say.:) Looking forward to your opinion on the Micca's.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a chance to buy a used Yamaha RX-V1500 (before HDMI) for around $100 to replace my Technics in my 2nd system because I need more inputs. I know buying something without HDMI isn't generally a good idea but I have the following considerations;
1) any dvd player I will get to replace the combo dvd/vhs player will be another combo player. I've never seen them with HDMI nor have I seen a combo bluray/vhs combo player.
2) if I decide to forgo the combo player and just get a bluray player, I will be able to connect teh HDMI output to the display (assuming the old 32" CRT kicks the bucket) and use either an optical or coax output which still is available on some bluray models. I know it won't be lossless but its a secondary system and I will never have optimal speaker placement anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis